Recent content by Stephen Lea Sheppard

1. Stephen Lea Sheppard

Potential US Tariffs on board games produced in China

Yes and no. The Kickstarters are to fund the creation of the molds, and I believe the initial KS production runs are made in China, but the molds are then brought to the US to be used at their local factory, I believe. So, initial production runs there, further runs here.
  2. Stephen Lea Sheppard

[Official] Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Thread Part II

Except the final edit doesn't make a point one way or another on this topic, so if a future movie or Disney+ limited series wants to say Peggy Carter was secretly married to Reeve Stogers (who never showed up at SHIELD Christmas parties) the whole time after all, it doesn't contradict anything...
  3. Stephen Lea Sheppard

Man, Winter Soldier Is Just Stupidly Good

You want to know the real joke? "The Winter Soldier" is an inverted quote from Thomas Payne, who wrote in 1776, in the paper The American Crisis: "THESE are the times that try men’s souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their...
  4. Stephen Lea Sheppard

[40k Game Megathread] - Do not post in support of the Emperor of Man

It does make the Kastellan Robots look less... aberrant, I guess? Like, Admech trends enough towards kinda evil-looking spidercrab cyborgs throughout most of its range that the Kastellan 1950 pulp magazine cover aesthetic can feel weird sitting next to it. Maybe they're trying to balance things out.
  5. Stephen Lea Sheppard

[+][Warhammer] Age of Sigmar general discussion.

Putting the filled-out bingo card behind an sblock because it is large: (30k seminar said Dark Mechanicum in the next book, but I meant 40k Dark Mechanicum army, so no stamp. Conversely, I did stamp Halfling Star Player because that dryad is a star player available to halflings.)
  6. Stephen Lea Sheppard

I don’t really expect to get a bingo.
  7. Stephen Lea Sheppard

They’re jump-boots, coupled with grav chutes on the backpacks. I hate the way they look so much. The reason I’m guessing Primaris bikes or Primaris Land Speeder is that they’re going to do a wave of multipose Vanguard, who seem to be the intended (eventual) replacement for the terrible old...
  8. Stephen Lea Sheppard

Well now I’m thinking, if they do 9th Edition they’ll have to get rid of Dark Imperium and all those 8th Edition corebook its copies are stuffed with, which raises the question “New starter box?” And the answer to that has to be “They just did Shadowspear,” which causes me to ponder how much...
  9. Stephen Lea Sheppard

With rules for the Khan published and with everyone knowing the Lion is due soon (and that an earlier draft of Malevolence apparently had Dark Angels in it), a new 30k pimarch feels both too obvious and, paradoxically, kind of unlikely—last rumour I heard was that the Lion has already been...
  10. Stephen Lea Sheppard

Dark Mechanicum is marked as 40k and is specifically about the announcement of them as a new 40k Chaos faction. But it shares a space with Traitor Guard (same thing—new army) because that’s unlikely. More Custodes is general, though. Do they announce more new Custodes units? That box gets checked.
  11. Stephen Lea Sheppard

That’s another one of the semi-serious predictions, since they’d go well with the Vanguard wave as a smaller high-mobility option, and have been rumoured for years. (My other prediction for that is Primaris Land Speeder, but it wasn’t as funny.)
  12. Stephen Lea Sheppard

Just keep in mind that a lot of them are jokes, or half-jokes. (In particular I am sort of half-serious about guessing that, since they have to put some sort of big impressive model into the Apocalypse box, a plastic thunderhawk feels like the most likely candidate... but at the same time I am...
  13. Stephen Lea Sheppard

Yeah, with a specific note saying this refers to tiny, shitty chaos cults, and without their own bespoke plastic gang box. There was a rumor going around last year that the next phase of Necromunda after the core six gangs came out would be Chaos Uprising, and it is marginally possible that GW...
  14. Stephen Lea Sheppard

It was going to be "Plastic Sisters displayed, finally," but I decided a reference to whatever the new paint thing is going to turn out to be felt better as the free space.
  15. Stephen Lea Sheppard

I mostly ended up going with 40k stuff. And typos, though that wasn't intentional.
Top Bottom