Recent content by Stephen Tannhauser

1. S

Today's Order of the Stick 19: Nod. Get Thread.

Bit of both. Basically, what happened was that Durkon realized that Durkula simply absorbing the information of a memory didn't automatically convey all the context and connections between memories, or convey any ability to handle those connections; moreover, because the vampire was doing all...
  2. S

At one point Durkula tells Durkon that once he's finished absorbing all Durkon's memories, Durkon will "begin (his) eternal dormancy". So depending on how long that process takes, presumably the original soul -- whose body gets possessed by the negative energy spirit of the vampire -- would...
  3. S

Ahhh. Right. Sorry -- been so long since that strip I'd forgotten it. Thanks for the cite.
  4. S

Just so long as he doesn't start his divine career off on the wrong foot.
  5. S

Crazy Super Powers

Quasi-Liquification -- The user can invoke, either on his own body (and its outer layer of clothing) or any object he touches, a curious warping effect on the chemical bonds of the affected matter that allows it near infinite flexibility of relative positioning without actually weakening the...
  6. S

Info Dumps

A technique that works well in both fiction and gaming, I find, is to deliver the infodump in the form of a character dialogue wherever possible, and use the infodump to convey more than one level of information in a way the players may not immediately follow. For example, if the players are...
  7. S

🎨 Creative 101 Alien Tourist Destinations

66) The Aesthetic Combustion Eusensory Synchrofest, or ACES Festival One of the largest eusensory concerts in the galaxy, this event takes such incredible care, planning and technological support that it has its own crew of dedicated AIs running it more or less full time. It is mounted on a...
  8. S

Your Vampire 5e: Armchair Game Designer Edition

Ah, well, true enough. Consider yourself upvoted, if we could upvote posts. :)
  9. S

Your Vampire 5e: Armchair Game Designer Edition

I have to admit I can't help but feel the original request is a little bit self-contradictory: If we can't significantly change the rules or the setting, how are we supposed to make something new and different enough to appeal? I don't want to be a curmudgeon, but even the OP himself admits...
  10. S

(101) Really Awful Alternate Universes for Beloved Settings

Not that there's anything wrong with that!
  11. S

Well, it's the same reason it's so hard to know exactly which people lived where in classical antiquity; one man's Mede is another man's Persian.
  12. S

[+] Things you LOVE in settings

Dragons and vampires. Yes, even in modern day or far-future SF settings.
  13. S

Gray Wolf's WORLD OF DIMNESS: Vampire: A Beast I am, lest a ... um ... sorry, I knew this a second ago. Werewolf: When Will You -- oooh, doggy biscuits! Mage: Truth Until Para ... hang on, this makes no sense. Wraith: Death and Damnation. And cake. Cake or death? Oooh, cake please...
  14. S

🎨 Creative [101][Birthday] 101 Fantasy Setting/ Campaigns

Many thanks! I've actually posted that here on RPG.net before; it's less about the lack of brainpower to think of something and more about lacking the stamina to read all the other hundred settings to make sure I'm not accidentally duplicating someone else's idea. I figure if I just admit to...
Top Bottom