• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by sulldawga

1. S

[Four Against Darkness] Treasure Hunters of Charlemagne

Outside the town of Eggingen Bavaria It's not long before the party stumbles across a town while following the river east. It's called Eggingen. In speaking with farmers just outside the town, they note that the area is fairly unsettled once you get away from the town, with the threat of wild...
  2. S

The party is covered with slashes and cuts, and no doubt they are worried about disease from the ghouls' filthy claws, but they remain standing. A quick search of the battlefield yields no clues as to how the undead were animated but it does reveal some grave goods that the party takes as their...
  3. S

You need to get a 5-6 on the Monastery table roll for there to be a Library. The party gathers their warmest clothes and prepares for the hike through the mountain passes into Bavaria. The trip is actually quite pleasant. While chilly, the sun is shining and the pathways heading east skirt...
  4. S

Town of Basel Alamannia The party stops at the gates of Basel, pays the toll, and enters the town. To them, it seems somewhat staid and boring. The town is dominated by the Church and, even at dinner in the local Inn, the group ends up dining with a priest who invites them to visit him the...
  5. S

The good news is that the weather turns brighter and the travel is mostly pleasant. The bickering among the party members dissipates for the nonce. Still, there are no momentous discoveries. The group finally stops to consider their next option as they approach another town in the region...
  6. S

A reminder that I need to know your party's current loadout, as far as what weapons and shields are being wielded. EDIT: I forgot to mention that there's a new weapon available to you: the throwing axe. It costs 8 gp. You can throw it once and then recover it at the end of the fight. It's...
  7. S

ALAMANNIA The party sets out through the thick forest of Gaul, heading south toward Alamannia. The weather is unnaturally harsh for this time of year and the roads turn to mud. Idir wonders aloud if they might be better off finding a boat to travel by river, but Theuderic dismisses the idea...
  8. S

A couple of rules to point out as we begin. Let's use Orokos for all rolls. Whenever you post your intention to move from one province to another, please post the current weapons/shields wielded by each PC. DM to post all rolls involving tables in the game. Player to post all Attack and...
  9. S

The year is 790 AD. The Roman Empire is a distant memory. Europe is gripped by the endless warfare of the Dark Ages. In these desperate times, King Charles of the Franks, aka Charlemagne, seeks supernatural artifacts like the fabled Spear of Destiny to help him unite the lands and end the...
  10. S

[OSR + RPG Solo] Solo play, The Curse of the Emerald Elixir

Well, I appreciate it. It might be overkill if it were just you reading it but it is very entertaining for the audience.
  11. S

[Four Against Darkness] Solo Dungeoneering

Some of the spells seem a bit overpowered. If you land Sleep on a Boss, it's dead in one shot. If you're a level 2 Wizard, you add +2 to your roll. Which gives you a 50% chance of taking out a level 6 Boss (and the odds obviously get better the weaker the Boss is). It also literally obviates...
  12. S

So, some final thoughts. This is a really fun game. I could even see it as a bolt-on, quick resolution system for combat in an otherwise standard PbP game. It doesn't give the players much at all in the way of options so it would be more for players who want to resolve combat quickly and get...
  13. S

It's my interpretation of the rules that: A. explosive dice are only for the player and not the monsters. A Defense roll of 6 is always a successful defense, and a 1 is not a crit. Also, monsters only do more than 1 LP of damage if it's in their description. B. you get to decide who gets...
  14. S

[OSR & Etc] General Discussion Thread

What's 5EC? The good news is that you're right, Five Torches Deep is cool!
  15. S

The final confrontation! Sorry to not have posted for a while. School started and I coach two of my kids' sports teams so my lunches have been consumed with creating soccer drills and flag football plays. Now it's time to return to the generic dungeon and finish what my little team of...
Top Bottom