• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by Tactless Armiger

1. T

"Decolonizing D&D"

Star Wars was already an attempt to do this!
  2. T

{When Science Fiction Meets Religion} A question about Islam in Space.

Unfortunately the Fiqh of MMORPGs / VR is incredibly lacking, although some scholars are trying to fix this, unironically. I think a more fun question is: If you are a Muslim and you are uploaded, do you have to re-say the Shahada afterwards just in case uploading is actually killing the...
  3. T

{When Science Fiction Meets Religion} A question about Islam in Space.

Someone already posted the MNS guide, which answers a lot, but: In general, a lot of the specifics discussed in this thread already have individual answers and trying to find a way to pray in space is just collecting the applicable exceptions. For example, the prayer times are based on your...
  4. T

[Warhammer 40k / Kill Team] First games coming up - How in the world do you learn list building?

So I have been painting and converting Warhammer miniatures for years, but now my country finally (!!!!!) has it's very first gaming store and the proprietor / secret warhammer gaming whatsapp community has convinced me that it's finally time to give playing a shot. So my problem is currently...
  5. T

💀 Necro The creators of Star Control 2 are fundraising for defending their creative ownership of the Star Control games in court.

My favorite part of that link is the comparison to Star Control III - A sequel that I enjoyed, but many diehard Star Control fans hated because it didn't match the quality of the original duology. They are basically going, "It's not hard not to copy, even the Muppet version of our game didn't do...
  6. T

White Wolf to no longer develop books internally, Camarilla Book to be edited.

Paradox's game library is strongly political and deals with a lot of hot-button topics, and they are pretty good about doing that without causing a lot of offense. The most common drama they get are people creating mods to "fix" their games. The handling of this issue is like the polar opposite...
  7. T

Trion Worlds Bought by Gamigo

Honestly, I'm surprised it took so long. The writing has been on the wall for a while - especially since half the Rift community team's updates involved actually admitting that they weren't making enough money, since like 2016.
  8. T

Is it time to remove the Drow? Episode 111

You know, they actually had those in one setting (Mystara.) Unfortunately, they wandered a desert 400 years, all had Hebrew names, followed a monotheistic religion with a god that gave 12 commandments. (Where's the unfortunate part?) Oh, they also hid their race so that they could infiltrate...
  9. T

(WOW) The Horde and the Villain Ball.

My hope is that, after all this is done, the Forsaken get to be something other than the minions of Sylvanas. Right now pretty much every Forsaken plot is just "Sylvanas does a thing," but hidden in all this are a ton of plot threads regarding the Forsaken that could come out (some of the...
  10. T

[WoW] Post Legion expansion Speculation/Rumors/Spoilers - "Battle for Azeroth"

Has anyone noticed the new hunter animations? They really make beastmaster / survival feel more fluid.
  11. T

[Star Wars] How do you feel about how the events of the new movies reflect on the Original Trilogy

Yeah, it really felt like the source of the Jedi's blindness was their moral blindness, aka they moderated their religious beliefs to become an arm of a republic that cared more about order / stability than right and wrong. Of course they can't see the darkness, because in aligning themselves...
  12. T

[Star Wars] How do you feel about how the events of the new movies reflect on the Original Trilogy

I agree, in that a lot of the things that feel off in TFA / TLJ have less to do with the fact that they don't reflect an optimism in the original trilogy, but that no one has seemingly learned anything from the pessimism of the prequel trilogy. "You know that system that made it ridiculously...
  13. T

What is the weirdest academic article you've looked up to help make a character for gaming?

"Futuwwa": Chivalry and Gangsterism in Medieval Cairo Author(s): Robert Irwin Source: Muqarnas, Vol. 21, Essays in Honor of J. M. Rogers (2004), pp. 161-170
  14. T

What is the weirdest academic article you've looked up to help make a character for gaming?

You know that sometimes, you really want to know how much verisimilitude you can pack into a character, and the best way to do that is to go knee-deep into someone elses historical research. You go to the library, you log into your computer, and say: "Give me everything you have about weird...
  15. T

Arenanet, developers of the Guild Wars series, caves to misogynist harassment campaign

Re: Arenanet, developers of the Guild Wars series, are cowardly-turdhammocks who bow down to harassment campaigns. Remedy seems to be handling it in a productive way:
Top Bottom