• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by taschoene

1. taschoene

Young Justice Outsiders

Presumably to use him against Batman at some key juncture, where Bruce will be forced to go rescue Jason instead of focusing on the main plot.
  2. taschoene

Young Justice Outsiders

Ok, now we have seen him without the cowl. And I think I know why he's different now...Jason Todd. He sees the "mission" against the Light as a Bat-family affair to avenge Jason, which is why he's willing to use and lie to pretty much anyone in the process.
  3. taschoene

[Arrowverse] New news on the Crisis on Infinite Earths

I'm guessing that this might end up being a different version of BL than the one in the series, what with all the alternative universe hijinks already going on in this. Might be easier than complicating the main BL ongoing series with multiverse issues. (PS: Gboard autocorrected to...
  4. taschoene

[Spoilers] Avengers: Endgame Little Details You Loved

I wish that they could have set it up so that Cap's initial "Avengers Assemble" was him rallying just a few survivors of the initial team for a last stand and then have the gates start opening as if in response to it.
  5. taschoene

Belated Realisations part 2: I Can't Believe It Took Me A Second Thread!

Isn't it from one specific detective story (The Maltese Falcon)? Hammet wanted to use "catamite" but his editor wouldn't let him so he found a more obscure word. And then the movie censors let it by because apparently they didn't speak Yiddish.
  6. taschoene

Young Justice Outsiders

I'm starting to have some serious doubts about Batman here. This level of deceit within the team feels really out of character compared to the version of Bruce we saw in Season 1, for example. Plus I don't recall seeing him out of the cowl, which is also a change, I think.
  7. taschoene

Top Gun; Maverick Trailer

I'd assume there were other strike aircraft as well. Just being bounced would probably force any plane carrying an antiship missile to drop its load to clean up for dogfighting. Trying to turn against an F-14 with several tons of missile under the fuselage isn't going to end well for them...
  8. taschoene

Thor: Love and Thunder excitement thread

I like NewMew.
  9. taschoene

Keep reading down the Twitter thread. They actually updated the whole patch to refer to Maverick's own 85-86 Indian Ocean Cruise in Top Gun instead of the old "USS Galveston East Asia" cruise patch. And honestly, the patches on that original jacket are bizarre. A cruise patch for USS...
  10. taschoene

Thor: Love and Thunder excitement thread

Why anyone? [/Drax]
  11. taschoene

DCCW Casting Rumors/News 2019-2020 (Potential Spoilers)

Regular, recurring, or guest? If the last, could be an alternate universe version like the two Supermen. Or perhaps in the arc with Wynn returning, which feels like League business and time travel.
  12. taschoene

[MCU] Rumor Thread: It was the dawning of the 4th Phase [Contains Endgame Spoilers]

Hmm. I took that to be more about Thor the King versus Thor the Avenger. Thor was tearing himself down because he'd manifestly failed at Kingship (Asgard destroyed, its people killed, etc.) But what he had not failed at, and indeed excelled at, was being an Avenger. To be fair, that is...
  13. taschoene

The moviemakers have the unenviable task of trying to make the Super Bug (F/A-18E) look sexy. Good luck, guys. (It's been reported that F-35s are also involved, but I see they aren't even trying to show one of those in the trailers).
  14. taschoene

[Irwined] A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood - trailer

I think I might have to wait to see this at home because I know I'm going to ugly cry while watching it. Edit: Seeing Matthew Rhys as the interviewer is weird. Did "Philip Jennings" take a side gig as a magazine writer after the Cold War ended?
  15. taschoene

[MCU] Rumor Thread: It was the dawning of the 4th Phase [Contains Endgame Spoilers]

I think it's more likely is that Thor isn't on Earth when the reformed Mjolnir shows up looking for someone to wield it. Thanks, Starlord... Jane having been a vessel for a Stone will probably have some role in allowing her to handle "New Mew.".
Top Bottom