Recent content by Tensen01

1. Tensen01

Good system for science fantasy?

I tend not to consider John Carter Science Fantasy. It's is Pulp fantasy and is a very different tone. And John Carter and I have already had words and have agreed not to speak anymore.
  2. Tensen01

Mass Effect RPGs?

It incorporates some ideas taken from the way 4e handled powers, as well as an interesting way to deal with Shields and such. I like what I see, just wish it had been laid out and explained a bit better. And I'll have to make a new character sheet.
  3. Tensen01

Mass Effect RPGs?

So looking around, I am probably going to be using This 5e conversion I like the mechanical changes to 5e, doesn't just feel like D&D with a new coat of paint as much as the other 5e conversion.
  4. Tensen01

Good system for science fantasy?

This might interest you... Arcana of the Ancients It's Literally Numenera being released in the 5e ruleset I would also say 2d20 but there's not really a Science Fantasy setting out for it, so that would take some work.
  5. Tensen01

Mass Effect RPGs?

Yup... mentioned in the original post that I am familiar with it but completely uninterested in running that system.
  6. Tensen01

[5e] Homebrew Monster Hunter Martial Archetype?

So I am just starting a new game and the concept for my character is kind of a Gothic Monster Hunter. Kind of Van Helsing, kind of Solomon Kane in tone. (Using the Haunted One background from CoS) I'm starting her as just a base Fighter for right now but want to move her into an evocative...
  7. Tensen01

Problems with my D&D Game

It sounds really harsh, but honestly I think you may just have to find a new group. Based on what you've said the problems don't really involve their newness to the system but, what seems to me, an utter disregard for respect of the game. RPGS require focus and attention for them to reach their...
  8. Tensen01

Mass Effect RPGs?

I own it and I have played and ran it and... It's nothing like Mass Effect, it is very much Star Trek. If I decided to hack 2d20 I would NOT be using STA, but right now I'm not interested in hacking, just seeing what's already been done.
  9. Tensen01

Mass Effect RPGs?

The problem there is, while I'm sure it's a great game, I am not currently interested in having to do any hacking. I'm specifically looking for things that are already done to run Mass Effect, not things that could with some work. I would just do 2d20 if that's what I wanted to do.
  10. Tensen01

Mass Effect RPGs?

Favorite system right now is Modiphius' 2d20, and I have considered doing a hack but that's just too much work. Sadly I cannot stand PbtA.
  11. Tensen01

Mass Effect RPGs?

So I'm currently in the process of writing a Mass Effect campaign idea but I'm going to need a system since there's no official one. I've browsed around and found a Few: d20, d6, Fate, but I'm not a fan of running any of those systems. I found a 5e Conversion that seems doable but not sure how...
  12. Tensen01

Modiphius Fallout RPG Coming in 2020

I was thinking Momentum actually feels a lot like Action Points. But I'm not sure Threat NEEDS to have an analog within Fallout, or any change to the name. It's just momentum and threat. This is the PnP not the video game, things don't hafta be exact replicas. All it does is muddy things for...
  13. Tensen01

Trust me, they'll be using SPECIAL, it will just probably range from 7-14. perks will more than likely be in there instead of Talents. There would be no wedging needed, trust me. Everything will fit rather well. I could see Momentum being renamed to VATS even, honestly. The game and system is...
  14. Tensen01

The base of the system is that task resolution is this: You roll 2d20s (Counted individually, not added together), and attempt to get results below a target number. How you get this target number varies from game to game, but it's always a function of attribute/skill level. Every die that rolls...
Top Bottom