Recent content by Terrence Marks

1. Terrence Marks

[Wrestlepack] Discussion XI: Inevitable Overbooked Heel Turn

I'd be very ok with the Fashion Police re-forming in NXT. Edit: Especially since the alternative is Fandango being Man #8 Chasing R-Truth.
  2. Terrence Marks

Well, he is seven oranges tall and you can't teach that. Which reminds me, I've been slowly working my way through 2013 NXT to see how folks became who they are now. Started last year. Picked it back up, but it's not the same now; I know how most of these stories end and there's not too many...
  3. Terrence Marks

It's the kind of belt you'd see at a wrestling promotion whose home venue was a bowling alley. If Maxel Hardy doesn't win this belt by the end of the year, I'll be disappointed.
  4. Terrence Marks

I like that idea. Mine would end up with someone losing the belt on WWE Storytime during a flashback to a 1993 house show. The storyteller would, when pressed, tell us that there wasn't really a Big Joe, he was kind of a fictionalized composite character. That's after it passes through...
  5. Terrence Marks

So there's going to be a new championship belt tonight, introduced by Mick Foley. If I were booking it, it'd be a hardcore 24/7 title. Falls count anywhere. Including - and especially - on WWE network programs. I want to see title matches on Ride Along, Miz & Mrs, and Camp WWE.
  6. Terrence Marks

Dungeons and Dragons Cartoon in Live action (no, really)

Point of fact: Evanier wrote the pilot, the bible, and one further episode. He was not further involved in the making of the show. But yeah, that show is what got me into D&D. Eric was my favorite character back then. I wonder what I'd think if I rewatched them.
  7. Terrence Marks

So Daniel Bryan and Harper just won the vacant Smackdown tag titles in a match against The Usos. The Usos are, notably, part of the Raw Roster. The brand-new Wild Card Rule, of course, means that the WWE can use the same stars on both shows so that 30% of their roster gets regular TV time...
  8. Terrence Marks

What's Your Preferred 90's Grunge Band?

Nirvana. The Unplugged album is a masterpiece. But if you're asking this question, you're probably familiar with them. So I'm inordinately fond of The Purple Outside, Gary Lee Connor's (of the Screaming Trees) solo project. It's a bit more on the psych-grunge side of things. "Silver Castle" is...
  9. Terrence Marks

[Spoilers] [General Anime Spring 2019] I Like Shorts! They're Comfy and Easy to Watch!

MIX: Meisei Story This series continues to do what it sets out to do. There's not much in the way of unexpected moments or shocking twists. The most surprising thing was that when Touma got a giftcard for a bookstore and said he'd spend it on comics, he didn't explicitly mention which of...
  10. Terrence Marks

(Merged) Sonic the Hedgehog movie trailer....

I think this would be improved if they brought in Gonterman as a consultant.
  11. Terrence Marks

I am genuinely surprised that Kevin Owens turned on The New Day. No, wait. The other thing. (Not spoilerblocking that. Bird fly. Fish swim. Kevin Owens attacks his friends.) I am surprised they did it this soon, though. I figure we had another couple weeks of anticipation. Not that I mind. If...
  12. Terrence Marks

[Spoilers] [General Anime Spring 2019] I Like Shorts! They're Comfy and Easy to Watch!

It depends on the series and how serious he's being. There's a lot of times that background posters or eye charts or random fortunes would be about how volume 3 of his previous manga was now for sale. Katsu didn't have much of that. Touch had a whole lot, so I'd be surprised if Mix didn't.
  13. Terrence Marks

So far, the first two episodes of Mix are exactly what I expected. I'm not spoiler-tagging things. Mitsuru Adachi has done fifteen or so manga series, and they've generally been more similar than different. By which I mean, when asked to identify his own characters on a quiz, he scored 76/100...
  14. Terrence Marks

What do you do with an overcrowded roster, exacerbated by the fact that you just called up a bunch of dudes, ignored them, then called up some more dudes a few weeks after that, then ignored everyone else? Call up more dudes! Y'know, between War Machine (the Marvel character) and War Machine...
  15. Terrence Marks

All my webcomics are ending - help me find some more!

You are cordially invited to read Nicole and Derek, which is about a grifter, a self-proclaimed magical girl, a busybody trying to stop them both, and the new girl in town who's trying to be friends with all three. Freefall is a sci-fi comic and has been ongoing since 1997 or thereabouts...
Top Bottom