• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by The Grey Elf

1. T

Sell me on Amazing Adventures

Well there is no second edition, really. It's just a hardcover second printing. We revised it a little bit, mostly just adding errata and cleaning some stuff up, and expanded it with a new Rogue's Gallery and a section on Secret Societies. Your first printing is still 100% usable and compatible...
  2. T

Sell me on Amazing Adventures

Hey, guys, sorry I didn't see this earlier. I'm not on RPGNet as often as I once was. I'm the author of AA and am glad to answer any questions you may have. We just completed last summer, a kickstarter for the second printing (revised, expanded and hardcover) and raised (with the backer kit...
  3. T

Anyone play Amazing Adventures? The C&C pulp game?

Hey, all, just a heads' up: Tim Burns from TLG and I are doing a Q&A tonight in the #rpgnet IRC chat. Here's the announcement: ‪#‎rpgnet‬ welcomes Jason Vey & Tim Burns (Amazing Adventures) 09/22/2014 7:00 p.m. CST/8:00 p.m. EST! http://bit.ly/amazingrpg To join...
  4. T

Anyone play Amazing Adventures? The C&C pulp game?

Hey, all, I don't often post here anymore, but when someone summons me, I appear. Like Hastur. Or Nyarlathotep. Anyway, Spinachcat, I tried to answer some of your specific questions over at TheRPGSite, but they seemed a bit more publisher-centric than game-centric. Here's an article I did...
  5. T

[RPG]: Castle Keepers Guide, reviewed by darrick3909 (2/1)

This review was comedy gold. That's really all I have to contribute.
  6. T

Star Wars Saga Edition vs Edge of Empire vs D6

Saga edition without a doubt. WotC produced (after two failed efforts) a near-perfect Star Wars play experience. d6 is a classic and the amount of source material for it is staggering, but it's too heavy on the EU for my taste and nerfs Jedi way too badly out of the gate. Edge of the Empire...
  7. T

[Elf Lair Games] Press Release: Eldritch Witchery Released!

ELF LAIR GAMES PRESS RELEASE 10/21/2013 Elf Lair Games is pleased to announce that our long-awaited second sourcebook for Spellcraft & Swordplay, entitled Eldritch Witchery, is now available for purchase as an ebook at DriveThru RPG and RPGNow! The print edition will follow soon. A Return to...
  8. T

[RPG]: Amazing Adventures, reviewed by Dan Davenport (3/4)

It's where they draw their energy from--spellcasting is a draining process, and the Arcanist needs a high degree of fortitude to channel the magical energy. MEPs (magic points) are based on Constitution. "Banked" points that you use on temporary gadgets come back at the end of the session when...
  9. T

As Dan mentioned, the Hooligan has a lot in common with the standard rogue, just re-skinned for the modern day. So yeah, your palooka from the Bronx could be a Hooligan, or a Pugilist if you think of him as more of a Rocky Balboa type. Calling the Gumshoe an Urban Ranger isn't disingenuous; he...
  10. T

Great review, Dan! A couple minor things I don't agree with, but you'll have that :)
  11. T

Cinematic Unisystem Question

There's a Quality for it in Dungeons & Zombies and (iirc) Pulp Zombies. The D&Z one is called Ambidextrous, and is a 3-point Quality that gives you one extra attack or defense at no penalty (not both) each round if using a weapon in each hand.
  12. T

[Unisystem] Weird West + BTVS + Angel?

Funny you should say that. We just had our first session of a Weird West game set in Apocalypse (relocated to NM), yesterday. My Watcher is a gadgeteer--we are adapting the system from Pulp Zombies for it.
  13. T

[Pulp] What's In A Name?

Hyacinth Jones...there's a femme fatale if ever one was. Every part of that woman, from her toes to her gams to her bust to that swan-like neck is perfectly formed. She's got a smile that would melt the polar ice caps, and that red hair and those flashing green eyes, most men agree to any...
  14. T

Question About Product Identity.

You cannot use the d20 logo. That was a separate license that, as far as I know, no longer exists. http://www.d20srd.org/ You can use any of the content on that site (save the d20 logo, as I said above), so long as you include the Open Game License (which is also linked on that site) in your...
Top Bottom