Recent content by The Unshaven

1. The Unshaven

Let's talk through recommendations for the Evil Hat clearance sale - anything unsold will be pulped in November.

The setting is... impressively grim. Impressively. Grim. It's a problem that's not of anyone in particular's making - there's no Sauron here - but it's a significant enough world-spanning disaster that the knock-on consequences could erase the civilisations as we know them. The fact that...
  2. The Unshaven

WMTW: My Hero Academia - Two Heroes

Ranubis: totally off topic, but your discussions of MHA reminded me to check whether you'd heard of the Black Clover anime? It is VERY less ambitious than MHA and downright shabbily animated in places, so I wouldn't bother suggesting it as a future WMTW, but the reason I bring it up is that it...
  3. The Unshaven

How Fate of Cthulhu (currently on Kickstarter) is doing something with mythos storytelling I've not seen before.

Yay! If you pledge $10 USD, you get instant access to the full no-art version of the game, and can then decide if you want to upgrade for all the PDFs in the kickstarter. I'm glad that works for you! I'm wary about turning the thread into the All Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind Channel...
  4. The Unshaven

Evil Hat's Fate of Cthulhu Kickstarter not shipping to Europe [There's a reason, see tweet in post #8]

And funnily enough, I just checked and the page with 74 products doesn't include Improv for Gamers from the other list.
  5. The Unshaven

Evil Hat's Fate of Cthulhu Kickstarter not shipping to Europe [There's a reason, see tweet in post #8]

Don't think you made a mess or have any reason to feel chastened - my impression is that people were confused about seeing such different content from you off the Aetherworks site, and that was it. I don't think Fred's broader post was about your comments so much as a broader trend he's been...
  6. The Unshaven

By weird coincidence, Fred already did a big discussion of the economies of POD the other day.
  7. The Unshaven

Yep, I can see two pages of products with stock numbers, most of which is in the double figures.
  8. The Unshaven

My understanding was that the recommended Australian retailer was Aetherworks, who have a whole tonne of EH stuff?
  9. The Unshaven

How Fate of Cthulhu (currently on Kickstarter) is doing something with mythos storytelling I've not seen before.

Some of it depends on where we stand: there's mythos-related stories where the threat isn't extinction, but becoming wild and free just like the old ones ourselves. I've seen people argue that Eclipse Phase is a post-extinction setting with a bunch of computers who think they're conscious...
  10. The Unshaven

Thanks for continuing to explain what was really going on, it's appreciated - as are your own insights into the realities of publishing.
  11. The Unshaven

Yay, glad that works! Of course the scarier thing for me is that if its future is the one that's worth protecting, because the alternatives are worse.
  12. The Unshaven

Just occurred to me that Eclipse Phase might be another point of inspiration for a win-condition post-apocalypse that the travellers are trying to either achieve (or preserve, Kyle Reese style). The whole world is a blasted, incomprehensible post-Singularity disaster-zone and billions of lives...
  13. The Unshaven

That does sound fantastic. I was always very impressed with how Breakfast Cult from Ettin embraced Lovecraftian themes while bringing together an entirely original mythos. And, thinking about it, was also enthusiastic about not everything being doomed, either.
Top Bottom