Recent content by thenorm42

1. thenorm42

RPGs Based on Schools

Chuubo's Marvellous Wish-Granting Engine has a spooky region called Horizon where one of the main things is a huge school full of ghosts.
  2. thenorm42

What's Your "Curt Schilling Blowing His Fortune"-style RPG or Setting?

The more unreasonable and over-the-top the better! :) Hand illuminated cards, real gold leaf ... I can dream. Would you have a link for the updated version? I couldn't see it when I searched yesterday (I was probably being dense).
  3. thenorm42

Ooh, that reminds me! Reve: the Dream Ouroboros (or Dragon, these days, but that's more prosaic). Whimsical French Alice in Wonderland surrealism meets high fantasy. Rerelease with a lighter system (but keep the hexmap-based magic system, that looked so cool).
  4. thenorm42

Everway for me. Rerelease the Spherewalker's sourcebook, release a bunch of sumptuous sets of cards related to my favourite settings (Nobilis, Chuubo's, Tekumel), probably via Kickstarter, then release the whole thing as an app with story generation tools for a reasonable price some time later.
  5. thenorm42

IC Runaway Hirelings: The Temple of Elemental Annoyance

Yikes! Two ideas come to mind. Either Dummy has a selection of quips, biting insults and satire in his book (or a book he acquired from the library), and uses it to win the contest, or Archie blows two Flail Points to win through dumb luck.
  6. thenorm42

Whence intelligent weapons?

Not from myth, but MUD had Valetant, who would talk to the player, sometimes to annoy or insult but sometimes to give the player useful information.
  7. thenorm42

IC Doctor Who: Doom of the TARDIS

"We're not the types to go running in fear, we're more the sorting-disasters-out type! Would this earthquake have something to do with some, um, undersea friends of yours? "
  8. thenorm42

Ace nods to the priest. Usually she's not keen on authority figures, especially not religious ones, but this guy screams 'aging hippy' more than 'fire and brimstone'. "Actually we haven't, but I have a feeling me and my friend here might be able to help!" She gestures to Barty to drop his...
  9. thenorm42

I think I'd cramp Lysa's style while she's off thieving, and while churches aren't really Ace's thing, Bartek might need a hand negotiating human society. So Ace'll go with Bartek. Ace, aware that eating turtles led to their rarity in her time, looks away from the workers at the kraal a little...
  10. thenorm42

Ace wonders aloud "We definitely need to check him out, but I wonder if he's too obvious? Aren't your people usually a bit stealthier than that, Bartek?" Ace also wonders when she got quite so paranoid.
  11. thenorm42

How about we declare one of the Elven rune-weapons from earlier is now charged up with Elemental Fire after the explosion, and can be used like a welding torch? Zoosk is a Torchbearer, therefore he can be a welding Torchbearer without having to roll, and cut through the door!
  12. thenorm42

"I'm not terribly religious, but I'm sure I can recognise a church OK, even a few hundred years out of time. And we can always ask someone where the local churches are, that's a pretty innocent question."
  13. thenorm42

Ah, ok, one more challenge!. I think the answer to Dummy's question is 'Posthumously, via a medium or necromancer.' :D
  14. thenorm42

I'll happily volunteer! I think the challenge in the last room should be an epic pitched battle between the goblins and elves. Perhaps on the plain in front of the temple? Time to spend those Flail points on auto-successes for being almost heroic!
Top Bottom