• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by Tricksy and False

1. Tricksy and False

[Exalted] Sell/Unsell on Exalted 3e

I think this point bears remembering. De-emphasis doesn't mean these elements are gone. It doesn't mean the devs hate fans who like these elements. It doesn't mean you're engaging in badwrongfun for including them in your game. De-emphasis just makes it easier for a wider variety of stories to...
  2. Tricksy and False

I'm conflicted about this. I feel that Ex3 has done a better job in showing that Lunars are active in the present day than previous editions have done. Aum-Ashatra the Spider King has been disrupting trade between northern Realm satrapies since before the Tepet legions were depleted and the...
  3. Tricksy and False

The camps in this thread seem to be: The rules are complicated, and that's not for me. The rules are complicated, but I like the game anyway. and I like the game, and rules complications are not a factor for me.
  4. Tricksy and False

I think it might have worked this way during playtesting? If so, that's probably how the name stuck. I think that for how aiming and rushing both work, they are in balance to one another. A ranged attacker has to aim if they are at medium or greater range, and they aren't allowed to move...
  5. Tricksy and False

I have played and run each edition of Exalted since the first. My preference is for Ex3. With that said, I do think Ex3 has lots of fiddly rules that make system mastery very difficult. Every time it's happened in a game, I've had to look up how decisive attacks work against a battle group...
  6. Tricksy and False

Band of Blades reskinned for Dragonlance

I do feel like I'm being just a little disrespectful to the folks who worked to produce Band of Blades. They wanted dark, low fantasy with elements of horror, and I'm taking their ruleset and undoing the dark, the low, and the horror. I'm not sure yet what to do about corruption and blight...
  7. Tricksy and False

I'm not actually a skilled tinkerer when it comes to house rules or reskinning. I just don't trust my instincts to create rules that are fair and fun. This project is pushing me out of my comfort zone. I want to start with the first mission. Normally, in Band of Blades, your first mission...
  8. Tricksy and False

I am a long-time fan of Glen Cook's Annals of the Black Company, so when I read that Band of Blades took a lot of inspiration from the Black Company series, I picked up Band of Blades. Skimming the contents, I was reminded of another work of fiction I have a fondness for: Dragonlance...
  9. Tricksy and False

[Exalted 3E] Need the advice/help of the mechanics savvy folks...

On parrying: You'll probably be leaking motes like a sieve with your attacks. Save your parry charms for decisive attacks, and let your initiative ebb and flow with withering attacks. To parry those decisive attacks, the ideal situation is that you are in Fire Dragon form and in fire aura. You...
  10. Tricksy and False

If you decide to add Steel Devil Style as well, it will change your strategy. You will want to make your withering attacks with martial arts, so melee is used only for clash attacks. Steel Devil Style is willpower expensive, so try to get those level 2 and 3 stunts. Steel Devil Style Charm...
  11. Tricksy and False

For this thought-exercise for the close-combat-lovin' fire-aspect, I think you should have the following trait purchases: Strength 3+, Dexterity 5, Wits 3+, Athletics 5, Awareness 3+, Brawl 1, Melee 5, Fire Dragon Style 5, Martial Arts merit, Artifact 3+ (jade paired short daiklaves) If you...
  12. Tricksy and False

Since you may already be straying into non-canon areas, an important question to get answered is how your ST will handle terrestrial and mastery keywords on your martial arts, and auras after you become a solar. If played by-the-books, I think you are best off with Fire Dragon Style and...
  13. Tricksy and False

Exploiting Dawn: The Tragic Tale of Min-Maximus the Vampire

I don't know what Gabe's transportation situation was, but for many years I was at the mercy of public transit. I lived in various Chicago neighborhoods, but the majority of my friends lived in nearby Evanston. At my worst, I was taking the brown line to the red line to the purple line to get to...
  14. Tricksy and False

@AndersGabrielsson 's tub of freaks is too evocative for me to consider any other.
  15. Tricksy and False

You know how people draw the words WASH ME with their finger on a dirty car window? I'm suddenly tempted to take clippers to someone's lawn: MOW ME
Top Bottom