• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by wheloc

1. wheloc

[Exalted] Sell/Unsell on Exalted 3e

Sorry, you're of course right: I have a lot of dusty (physical) Exalted books, but only one of them is 3e ;) (but yes, also metaphorically dusty digital books).
  2. wheloc

I'll be the first to admit that I don't always make rational decisions when it comes to Exalted :) I've played a lot of Exalted (both 1st and 2nd edition), so I know it's technically playable, but the more I played them the more frustrated I got with the previous editions. I felt like I was...
  3. wheloc

Article: The Evolution of Tieflings in D&D (Includes interviews with Zeb Cook and Colin McComb)

Nice. I always thought it interesting that 4e Tieflings (who's art I am most familiar with) looked a mostly like they were supposed to be decended from that traditional "red-skinned with goat-horns" Christian devil, whereas none of the D&D devils or demons really looked quite like that.
  4. wheloc

Being a "trickster" was always 1/3 of the Lunar Castes (and being a "witch" was always another 1/3), but that doesn't mean I felt I was a mythic trickster when I played a 1st edition Changing Moon Caste. No, if it was released to non-backers then I missed it (also I was lazy).
  5. wheloc

Fair enough. I like the idea of mythic tricksters and witches. If this had been more clear during the kickstarter, I might have backed it.
  6. wheloc

Doesn't every flavour of Exalted have a Caste for those things?
  7. wheloc

So one one hand, yes this is a very cool (so thank you for the description). On the other hand, I do find it frustrating that 3e Lunar have grown so far past the point of their mythic (or previous game-line) inspirations that it's a little hard for me to grok them myself, much less explain them...
  8. wheloc

Are there any games where players have effectively unlimited meta-currency?

Doesn't the GM (or group?) still have to agree that the Distinction you're trying to use should apply in this situation?
  9. wheloc

Are there any games where players have effectively unlimited meta-currency?

Not exactly what OP is talking about, but PDQ# has bennies called "Style Dice", which can come from The Bowl or The Box. The Bowl has a finite number of dice in it each session (based on the number of players), but the GM can give them out whenever she thinks the players have done something...
  10. wheloc

[Official] Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Thread Part II

I liked the contrast between Wanda and Steve/Natasha in the fight with Thanos's lackeys in Infinity War. Wanda was probably WAY more powerful then the lackeys, but they attacked from surprise, kept her off balance, and she was distracted keeping Vision alive--so said lackeys were winning. Then...
  11. wheloc

Today's Girl Genius: Release the Smakken!

She could have just asked. Probably.
  12. wheloc

[MCU] Spider-man: Far from home (I has seen it) (Spoilers)

I see where you're coming from, but I also don't like the idea Jamenson being part of the traditional press, because that will end up vilifying the traditional press, which plays into the alt-right agenda from the other direction.
  13. wheloc

Erfworld thread VI - Not the Signamancy We Agreed On

A lot of people are upset with the new art style. Myself, I'm upset that the "point" of this whole diversion seems to just have been to introduce another new tower to a side that otherwise has no connection to the main plot.
  14. wheloc

Today's Girl Genius: Release the Smakken!

Also the bug-hunting weasels, this weasel-wrangler, and also this random Jäger. Face it, Tarvek is just a big damn hero (or a "goot guy after all, hey").
  15. wheloc

[Spoilers] X-Men: Dark Phoenix

I heartily agree with that (bolding mine). I cut the comics some slack, since one could argue that they had written themselves into a corner with the character, and so maybe the only way she could be redeemed was through her death. The movie wouldn't had that excuse, since the got to write the...
Top Bottom