• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by Wickus

1. Wickus

Favorite OSR System/Rules Set

Hands down for me The Whitehack 2e and The Hero's Journey. Between these two and Yoon-suin for setting I get all the OSR fix I'd ever want.
  2. Wickus

[The Troubleshooters] This looks like fun

Must have, it'll compliment my TinTin book collection! I am going to be so skint. Again.
  3. Wickus

[General RPG]Are there games you like as a player, and not to run as GM, and vice versa?

In a d&d 5e game currently but would never run it. Though I have run 13th age and would again. I would love to play: Fate, 13th age, AGE, Genesys and Symbaroum but those are the games I run. The only other GM in my group of 30+ years only run D&D. I will never run D&D, Shadowrun or Pathfinder -...
  4. Wickus

Symbaroum - anyone played it?

Having read through the posts, I find my reaction and that of my players positive. We love it. It has its own quirks but that's why I enjoy it. You cannot come to Symbaroum with a 5e or similar mindset - I've been there. It is its own thing and I love it for that. Players facing rolls -...
  5. Wickus

Historia: Dark Fantasy Renaissance Setting for 5e Kickstarter (funded)

Thanks for the heads up! Looks fantastic. Have to agree - the art is superb.
  6. Wickus

[Sorcerers & Spell Casters or Magic in RPGs ] Which do you prefer: Standardized Spell Lists or Free-Form Magic?

Free-form magic. I love the creativity it grants. I stopped playing magic users in D&D after I discovered Mage the Ascension 1e. Other than Genesys I have yet to find a fantasy setting that gives me that option as a player.
  7. Wickus

A "new look" for The One Ring a.k.a. The Lord of the Rings™ RPG

This. Can't agree more. I prefer the 1st edition art - actually the old MERP art is more to my liking... but TOR mechanics are solid and the new packaging won't affect that. So I'll pick it up.
  8. Wickus

Setting vs. game mechanics.

Setting every time. The setting reflect the type of stories I want tell, system for me is just an interaction tool. I have four games systems that I use, all of them get out of the way and are easy to hack to fit the nuances of a particular setting.
  9. Wickus

So, Genesys Foundry

Yeah. Having read through those there is nothing to suggest its draconian. It is not OGL, and I for one is happy about that. Can't wait to see what the community cook up to burn holes in my wallet :)
  10. Wickus

Stuck Between OSR Games?

For me, out of the three I will always go with Basic Fantasy. I prefer the play. The support is great and I enjoy the community there. I agree with you on the thief skills. Which house rule are you going to use?
  11. Wickus

[Let's Read] Acquisitions Inc: An Outsider's Perspective

So interested in this! Reminds me Stephen Erikson's Malazan series, there is a trading company that travel across worlds in a big coach, and everyone involved has shares in the company. Going to have to get this!
  12. Wickus

FAGE Fans, your relationship with D&D

Prefer FAGE to D&D. My group converted over from D&D in 2017 and it's been our main stay since - from Freeport to Ravenloft. It scratches a very specific fantasy need for us, for high fantasy we have 13th age. There are things that I like about 5e but unlike FAGE it is a lot more difficult to hack.
  13. Wickus

[5e] My Campaign Rules And How They Impact Implied Setting [No Full Casters, Ubiquitous Magic]

Just chiming in to say that this is seriously great! Might steal this for a future game.
  14. Wickus

The Expanse RPG - anyone played it yet?

My experience mirrors yours. Love the book and the system is fantastic with the setting. Can't wait for my current AGE game to come to an end so I can run this.
  15. Wickus

Werewolf: Forsaken 1E: Hitting Spirits in Twilight?

@Castille page 276. Spirit Combat. The first bullet point there: "...but they cannot affect an ephemeral spirit in the physical world unless it manifests" That what you are looking for?
Top Bottom