• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by Xander

1. X

🎨 Creative Ways for a D&D Dragon to Age Faster in a Good Way

The simplest answer is that dragons level up just like PCs do - it is a nemesis, after all. Maybe a dragon can grow more rapidly by killing and eating lots of other creatures - say the players hear that the dragon wiped out a village and stuffed its belly with peasants and militia. It goes out...
  2. X

[Overwatch Thread the 5th] Have you seen some of the things Talon wears?

I am trying to master Doomfist with a goal of punching Sigma in the face. Not too good so far though.
  3. X

I am seeing some monster stats from Sigma, like 30+ QP kills. Yikes!
  4. X

[Spoilers] Avengers: Endgame Little Details You Loved

Could Captain Marvel have used the gauntlet? I got the sense Thanos was playing with the Infinity Gauntlet and the Avengers - he can invoke an "I Win" almost instantly, so he wants his wins to be cool (also, because it's a movie!) EG's Thanos is actually working for it - we did see he enjoys...
  5. X

I think Steve's "Hail Hydra" moment is my very favorite scene in the MCU. After all the lies and deception in his life... he learned to play the part, without altering his essential self and becoming a dark anti-hero. Early Steve Rogers couldn't have pulled off that trick.
  6. X

Your best single advice for a first-time GM

I would recommend picking a good 1st level beginner adventure. The biggest skill for a new GM to learn is game management, like running a combat smoothly and communicating effectively with players. I think the trick is to keep the first games simple, and add complexity later.
  7. X

Sigma should be effective in the right hands - recently I saw one deliver 11K damage and one absorb 22K damage in QP. In the 2-3 times I had him, I didn't do anything special. He is especially vulnerable to close in fighting, once you bypass his shield and his slow base attack.
  8. X

Binding (or Chicken) Initiative: An Experiment

Taking a page from worker allocation boardgames... What if you have an "action track"... like the #1 declared action has X bonus, the #2 action has Y bonus, etc. Only one action can occupy each space on the track. If players have multiple possible actions - they may need a card as a reference...
  9. X

Chaining multiple Magic Mouths onto the same object

In 5e, you can get a bigger effect if you use a higher level spell slot.
  10. X

It looked good on my TV.
  11. X

What effects would large scale powered flight have on medieval Strategy and tactics?

What destroys big flying ships? Flaming crossbow bolts? Lightning? Dragons? Sabotage? For the non-flying opposition, defeating the airship force becomes strategically critical, or getting hold of flying technology asap.
  12. X

We just got the home Blue-Ray and watched it last night. In the theatre I thought the first half of the movie was a little slow, but on my second watch it really was amazing how such a huge story fits on the screen.
  13. X

Another thing to consider might be the number of steps involved - it seems like you could have several steps of bid/rebid/modify action followed by roll dice/resolve/modify the resolution, multiplied by the number of players. So I might focus on a solid base framework of attack/dodge/block and...
  14. X

Are you ready for some football?

Every year the Pats make chicken salad from chicken feet. How much more can they get out of Edelman as the #1 receiver? (as I don't know who any of the other receivers will be this year :)) Sony Michel and James White were huge for the Pats last year, with Sony as a standout surprise. Belichick...
  15. X

How do you attack? So far it seems like all the emphasis is on defense, but I guess you would have "attack" and "boost attack" options to consider. I'd say certain powers could have a fizzle/cancel as a risk/reward, like a wild swing followed by the target scrambling away, but you can't take...
Top Bottom