• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Recent content by zedturtle

1. zedturtle

The Inverse "But Dragons" Fallacy?

Yep. The fact that Frodo can be presented with a new set of clothes that are a perfect fit and made of the finest materials after only being in Rivendell for three days speaks to their abilities and wealth, at least compared to other societies. Of course, when you're working on the timescales...
  2. zedturtle

Is it just me, or did 5e somehow make furries popular?

I think Dragonborn help too. Since you've already got one anthro race in the core rules, it opens the door to more options.
  3. zedturtle

Do you let your players see under the hood?

Awesome! Then we also have an answer to this:
  4. zedturtle

None of the things that I described are 'encounters' in the usual sense, but they are (potentially) important scenes. To revise my question, does every scene in the game have to be important? Can't some just be a cool thing?
  5. zedturtle

Is combat the only thing that matters? Ever? Maybe the group finds some ruins with a historical inscription that reminds them that the current power structure in the kingdom is only a few decades old. That might be a hint for the campaign or just a bit of color. Maybe they run across some...
  6. zedturtle

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance - Teaser Trailer

At least half of that was literal quotes from the start of the original movie, which has — a certain resonance — for some of us.
  7. zedturtle

[5e] Elven chain gives you an AC of 13 and a +1 to AC?

Like any chain shirt, it is 13 plus your DEX mod (max +2) and then you add a magical +1. So if your DEX is 16 or higher, Elven Chain gives you a total AC 16.
  8. zedturtle

The “multiple checks” problem

Using group checks (everyone succeeds if at least half of the group succeeds) can mitigate both of those. “Everyone tries their best to remember their training and you think that...” or “The group moves forward silently, Kayla almost trips but Nalon grabs her elbow and prevents the fall.” That...
  9. zedturtle

Wrath and Glory Revised - What's Being Revised?

My understanding is that once the revision is complete, then it should appear in your library, yes.
  10. zedturtle

A "new look" for The One Ring a.k.a. The Lord of the Rings™ RPG

I think you’ll be happy with the new rules. We’ve already said that Councils are used in important social interactions; you just use regular skill rolls otherwise. I’m sure we’ll have more details about the Journey system soon.
  11. zedturtle

Wrath and Glory Revised - What's Being Revised?

If you bought the PDF, you'll get the new version automatically for free, so no worries anyways.
  12. zedturtle

Please pull over to the side of the road before preordering! :) For folks who are looking for some details on the rules, check out https://www.cubicle7games.com/the-one-ring-the-lord-of-the-rings-roleplaying-ce-pre-order-now-live/?fbclid=IwAR0J_W1fSRkotmSLTNTRat8m9MYiLCYc-AiM4xCXCg2HCpwANmwsq2wx6GU
  13. zedturtle

[5e] Is There A Monster Power That Attacks-On-Death?

Some of the monster upgrade features in Adventures in Middle-earth work this way, allowing the monster a final action / reaction.
  14. zedturtle

Streaming D&D

If you liked the episode for Deborah Ann Woll (and she is an infectious presence, so that's by no means a bad thing), you might want to check out Relics & Rarities, which is several of her regulars (including some folks who played in the Witch game) and a guest star each episode. Linky...
  15. zedturtle

The ‘cultural piece’ for the Rangers that’s shown here: https://www.cubicle7games.com/tor2-rangers-of-the-north/ is one of my personal favorites.
Top Bottom