• The window for editing your posts has been extended from 48 hours to about two weeks or so. Please report any problems with this in Trouble Tickets.

Search results

1. El_phantasmo

Sell me or unsell me on Numenera

Seems it's a case of differing playstyles. Much like Strange Visitor, I'm from the pool of "Enh? Why bother?" My players and hopefully I as GM, don't need the one-shot powers or unlimited weirdness to solve an issue, as they prepare and plan out their escapades. If they don't have a "thing they...
  2. El_phantasmo

Well that's part of why for me I give it an unsell - the whole class/level sort of situation. You're a "Howls at the Moon" and that's all you ever are. I'm much more a freeform system. I want to dabble, mix and match, try odd combos or one that reflect the scenarios that occur in game (Like, for...
  3. El_phantasmo

My setting uses a different take on the Strange (It creates fully realised universes, not limited recursions) and was a transport system and weaponised reality creation device that existed prior to the start of this universe) as the history of my Numenera world. By and large it doesn't feature...
  4. El_phantasmo

I can honestly say, for me, that the marketing and hype dragged me into the KS. I can't fault MCG as a company (Had a couple of queries with over stuff, always quick to respond and lovely etc) but it does seem to be a case of "Drop Monte's name on it, it'll sell!" sometimes. I get that he's a...
  5. El_phantasmo

For me Numenera is a love/hate thing; I love what it could be, but hate the fact it’s so half-baked. I love the fact it’s an RPG and not just a weird cartoon, but hate (With a passion) the Cypher system and how cyphers are justified in the setting. So; first things, the bad stuff, as I like to...
  6. El_phantasmo

SLA Industries Announcement

That's an interesting take on it; I've always just run it as them remembering who they were ... but I guess since it's not amnesia and just memory then it could be two people - The Stormer designed, grown and birthed in a facility who is then trained and builds a life in SLA but also the prior...
  7. El_phantasmo

Interesting;
  8. El_phantasmo

I know it's a dead, beaten and hated drum, but I'm going to beat it ... Doobrie uprising. Just sayin'! :LOL::ROFLMAO:
  9. El_phantasmo

Cheers - Just thought I'd check, didn't want to talk about it if there's an Integration Twenty type situation going on ... don't fancy become the RT version of HJ! Perhaps a slightly tangental question as I'm not sure who it is behind WordForge so you may not know I guess ... but are any...
  10. El_phantasmo

Bare in mind this won't be aaaanywhere near as eloquent as Miss Atomic Bomb's Strix secret as it's written by a fan from a document that's half remembered ...
  11. El_phantasmo

WordForge - In which case, seeing as it's non-canon and already out in the ether, mind if I share what was referred too as "The Truth" in SLA? Spoiler blocked of course... and paraphrased ... it was after all an entire document (That I love btw!)
  12. El_phantasmo

Well, I’ve been a fan of SLA since the ‘90’s, had multiple copies of the MRB etc. Still cherish my screen and document pack! So I’m sad that people new the game won’t get to see CS1, Mort etc. They were good books. Honestly the mythical V2 has been coming for so long now that I think producing...
  13. El_phantasmo

Recommend me a campaign organizing system

OneNote all the way. I used it for campaigns and now use it for world-building stuff. It's very useful, powerful and portable.
  14. El_phantasmo

Modiphius is taking over V5 after White Wolf seemingly shuts down. [Merged]

So, I've been out of the RP loop for a while, but I can't see anywhere what's happening with the guys at the top of nuWW? Are they staying with Paradox as brand managers but that's about it or are the roles being aligned to existent Paradox folks and the nuWW guys are needing new employment? I...
  15. El_phantasmo

For Sale Exalted 3rd Edtion KS

A zombie bump, having been away from the forums for a bit, but this is still available!
  16. El_phantasmo

New Ban: Do Not Post In Support of Trump or his Administration

Not posted here in a while, only occasionally read through stuff, but spotted this and I can honestly say - Excellent. No-one needs Nazis skeeving up their space. I have lots of conservative or right-of-center friends and willing to bet they'd all be fine with this too. :) Might have to start...
  17. El_phantasmo

CthulhuTech V2 what we know

...or just rip the guards arm off, using the blood write what you want and he still has his other arm to type with. So long as he dosen't die from shock/blood loss etc. I personally like the dry-erase slate. Or a little pad and a pen .. so each victim gets a glimpse of previous messages the...
  18. El_phantasmo

Can you use Cybergeneration v2 to play Cyberpunk?

It's possible. Though in CG the cyberware isn't as prevalent as you're, by default, playing kids. Should be fine though as the stats are the same (IIRC) it's just the skills are reduced down; I think they have, as I haven't read it in a while, more of a category approach and named slightly...
  19. El_phantasmo

GMs, how hard is it for a character to die in your games?

Usually, death when it happens. If it's an especially poignant scene/interaction etc I may stretch things to allow fate to step in, but by and large it happens as the roll of the die have it happen. I've had death lead to very emotive scenes, even tears, but I've also been on the receiving end...
  20. El_phantasmo

Can you use Cybergeneration v2 to play Cyberpunk?

As Mostlyjoe put; the default CyberGen stuff is kid vs kid. So the full rules from CP2020 aren't there. The basic resolution is, but the gamut of skills etc aren't. It's reduced down and if you want Edgerunners in it they use the same simplified skill set. We played lots of CP and CG back in the...
Top Bottom