• The window for editing your posts has been extended from 48 hours to about two weeks or so. Please report any problems with this in Trouble Tickets.

Search results

1. C

🎨 Creative New Character Creation Reference Sheets for Fractal <3

You should include all abbreviations next to their attributes and keep all in capitals.
  2. C

🎨 Creative New Character Creation Reference Sheets for Fractal <3

momvent in the Strength section typo
  3. C

Why does D&d have to fit with medieval or other fantasy ideas of classes, monsters and so on..

I see no reason that any version has to fit with "reality" or other fantasy sources- it just has to be true to itself. D&D versions can each have their own fantasy realisation as per their canon whether a source book or magazine. As long as it fits with the current fantasy concept, that is all...
  4. C

Primer on the realities and challenges of space flight and space exploration?

Nuclear weapons are fired at objects. The fragments in space get to hypersonic speeds and dont slow down and space ships are fragile. It is only how much open space around the Earth that keep satelites and spacecraft safe from space junk. The Chinese blew up their satellite and tripled the...
  5. C

101 non-standard reasons for an alien invasion

125. They are a true spacefaring race who have travelled between asteroids for millions of years. Their spaceships cant handle atmospheric physics do they instantly crash and fight their way out of this bizarre world.
  6. C

Primer on the realities and challenges of space flight and space exploration?

The heat build up is only a problem near the inner planets where we are get out a bit and the cooling requirements are not hard at all since the sun is so faint. The real problems are how slow it is you never get anywhere and cosmic radiation which hard to shield in a weight efficient manner and...
  7. C

Conan which is best: more dice or better odds?

Why is this thread name start with Conan? Could be relevant to your answers.
  8. C

Hard sci-fi systems?

Do you realise that hard sci-fi is mostly not about space at all? It is what if- what if one or more big technology or social system changed on Earth- how would change things. Anyway no reason the universe couldn't be teeming with life just not life determined to be detected as astronomers limit...
  9. C

Railroading as "conscious opposition"

The problem is fundamentally tabletop RPG are thought of as open world and that is not practical. Every great RPG tales are set in not much more than effectively a limited network not an open world. If the RPG started with this is a valley or city or dungeon etc which cuts the spatial scope...
  10. C

Give me time and I can do anything unless the world moves on

The latter one- no rounds. Rounds would be difficult to implement. Things are happening second by second whether you want that real or in-game time.
  11. C

Thank you for your replies. Essential is to have a time counter could be game seconds rather than real time. I just feel real time makes the game more tense. Its your choice how much little stabbing you can take but changing to the swift slash sacrifices your big overhead swing- you won't...
  12. C

The concept of the my conflict resolution mechanic is that you roll a dice and add some modifiers and that is the number of seconds until you do the action. You succeed if the situation hasn't changed (depends on the action) since you are hero and it is just your heroic mind planning and body...
  13. C

Android classes

Androids are the only race for players. Builds and construction are only two ways of customising your character- they look all pretty much the same otherwise- they could try disguises. There are humans in the world. No other types of people. It is a hard science rpg system.
  14. C

Android classes

In a modern world 60 years in future with never miss guns there are androids (A). Androids are running around because of marketing success and consumerist failure. Rich people are paying for androids that they will never get to control- the prestige of having an android that they "show" on...
  15. C

Worse than death

Non-elites are not good enough to kill an elite and they can't get the amulet off- non-elites are ordinary people think level 0. It is the Blue Beetle. 2) I am saying it is not smart to kill the SOB- you get to make things right and get experience. You both have amulets which naturally wants...
  16. C

Worse than death

Please clarify what circmstance of 1 is. I suggest if you with amulets solution then PC get knocked for hours at 0 Hp. The bad guy can only set them to do something once and if they want repeats then they have keep coming back each day. Maybe knocked out is possible normal condition without...
  17. C

Worse than death

You could say fates better than death when you knock out a bad guy. He has to fix up some of the harm he has done. Or he is set onto another bad guy so the PC party has bought some time to deal with other guy. Is the fate of PC worse or better than death- it depends.
  18. C

Worse than death

Note it doesn't have to an explicit RPG tabletop system- it could a major home brew modification to another system
  19. C

Worse than death

I didnt say no one dies. One way to make it work is have an amulet necesary to be elite. The amulet stops you putting yourself in place to have a fatal accident or suicide or killing other majors and allows you to do short term control of the seriously injured majors ie. Like King Monkey in...
  20. C

Michael Stackpole Resigns from GAMA Board

Sounds like GMA doesnt have an organisation. Boards should only setting policy and senior personnel not running things. Set the structure dont run the structure.
Top Bottom