Search results

1. Olof Jönsson

Larian Studios (Divinity: OS) teases Baldur's Gate 3

"I shall slay you all."
  2. Olof Jönsson

The Immigrant Song... With Transformers!

Triple billed with Miracle of Sound performing "Roll Out".
  3. Olof Jönsson

Wheel of Time casting

I want to see Rand talking to an identical version of himself, just like Jack Sparrow... ...except then we zoom out and reveal that just like in Spider-Man, he's been talking to a mirror.
  4. Olof Jönsson

Looking for some good Horatio Hornblower in spaaaaaaaaace, any recommendations?

Yeah. Like, Tanner is, in a way, hypercompetent. But it's a bad kind of hypercompetent that has him with panic attacks in civilian life. Especially with all the shit he goes through in the navy. And the stakes start with basically "Puerto Rico vs Corporate US" and eventually becomes more epic...
  5. Olof Jönsson

For one thing, if that's what the OP wants then 99% of the suggestions in this thread are way off. Weber and Drake, f'rex, do not do anything but hyper-competent characters. For another...
  6. Olof Jönsson

Wheel of Time casting

Ken Watanabe? He's the right age (Lan is supposed to be visibly at least twice Nynaeve's age)...
  7. Olof Jönsson

Werewolf: The Apocalypse: The Earthblood (we finally have info!)

I...have to admit, this is kind of disappointing. I was looking forward to an actual W.tA rpg, mainly because I hate brawlers and pure action games. Only FPS franchise I ever finished was the Halo games because I loved the story (and music). Having the protag be a pre-set like this is alsoa big...
  8. Olof Jönsson

I'm a huge fan of Elliott Kay's Poor Man's War series. Space opera that is definitely not like anything by Drake or Ringo - the opening conflict is basically Space Puerto Rico vs US Corporate Sector. But it has a sympathetic hero who MacGuyvers and John McClanes his way through things, isn't...
  9. Olof Jönsson

Pennyworth Trailer

If they do this right, I hope they put in some of the DCU Brit supers, even if only as background stuff. Like Captain Wales, or Knight & Squire, all of whom (in the setting, not in publication dates) predate the Bat.
  10. Olof Jönsson

[Spoiler Thread] Godzilla: King of the Monsters - I've seen it.

Nah, the kill scene in 2014 (I assume you mean the last one, since the first MUTO kill is done with his tail slap) doesn't require opposable thumbs to do, just bendable forepaws (he grabs the Queen MUTO with his mouth, then uses his foreclaws to bend open her maw and breathe nuclear halitosis...
  11. Olof Jönsson

Godzilla doesn't actually have opposable thumbs any more than those cats who have thumb-like digits. I mean, he can't exactly pick stuff up and make tools of them or he would have, repeatedly. Whereas Kong is going to be roughly his size, able to make spears no plausible human technology would...
  12. Olof Jönsson

Yep. And once again, for those who haven't gotten the message yet: Kong: Skull Island was teenage Kong. He's much bigger now. The largest skeletons of his family were close to Godzilla in size.
  13. Olof Jönsson

"What does Kong have that Godzilla doesn't?" "Opposable thumbs." :D
  14. Olof Jönsson

Yeah, they all feed on radiation. The MUTO were just greedier, and used the surplus to feed their coming babies. Godzilla doesn't *need* nukes to live, he just needs background radiation. The nukes that woke him up were probably more like an espresso shot to him.
  15. Olof Jönsson

John Wick 3: para bellum [Spoiler Thread]

Sophia is mistress of Dog-Fu.
  16. Olof Jönsson

Why is there so little media set in college/university

A funny example of how expectations differ: In Sweden, our version of high school ("gymnasiet") is more like a cross between US HS and college. As in, you apply for a specific "program", where your studies focus on a specific knowledge base, from various humanities or STEM programs to media (as...
  17. Olof Jönsson

Critical Role Campaign 2 - D&D, nerdy-ass voice actors and Wild(mount) Times

Considering Nott promised to try not drinking (IIRC) and then started chugging away without mentioning it, I'd say the damage was already done. Riegel has happily admitted this is kind of part of Nott's arc - the alcoholism.
  18. Olof Jönsson

[Disney] Frozen II - Official Trailer

I'd say it's more Scandinavian folklore in general than Kelpies. After all, there's a Gammeltroll (Old troll) at the end, and that purple flame thing feels awfully familiar too. We had mythology after the Vikings, people!
  19. Olof Jönsson

John Wick 3: para bellum [Spoiler Thread]

My brother claims the number of motorcycle assailants on the freeway chase after the airport keeps increasing out of nowhere, and I'm not sure I can refute his claim without watching the movie repeatedly (not in my budget, sorry). Anyone else have a better angle on that supposed continuity snafu?
  20. Olof Jönsson

Except the original Godzilla clearly came up from the depths because we pissed him off. Shin is just this...Thing that shows up to kill everything because reasons. An alien eco-system with legs out to murderize everything, where original G was just pissed we'd dropped nukes on his head.
Top Bottom