• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Tumbleweed

[Starfinder] What have you done with it?

So! Half Price Books had a 50 percent off sale today, so I went ahead and snagged me a copy of the Starfinder corebook. I'm not super-familiar with Pathfinder, TBH (or, well, I played a lot of 3.5 in college, and same thing, right?). Thus far, I'm browsing through it-- it looks pretty neat, if...
  2. Tumbleweed

[Kids on Bikes] So, what have you done with it?

So! Having just watched the first episode of the new season of Stranger Things (but not past that! I like to pace myself) I realized I kickstarted the Kids on Bikes RPG not that long ago ... and so I dug up the book and gave it a read. And ... well, it's a thin book to begin with, aaaaand it's...
  3. Tumbleweed

TMNT Rescue-Palooza

So! Anyone else hear about this? As I just stumbled across it myself. Basically, it's a fan-made TMNT game-- a beat 'em up in the model of TMNTII, Turtles in Time, et-al. However, as a fan game, it goes into some DEEP cuts-- it uses sound cues from the 90's cartoon, not to mention I've spotted...
  4. Tumbleweed

Is Captain Marvel (aka Shazam) a magical girl?

I mean ... is he? On the one hand, it seems pretty simple. Billy Batson, boy reporter, is able to transform himself into a grown, adult form, through the power of magic. Magic he can share with his friends (like Mary Marvel, Captain Marvel Jr., The Lieutenants Marvel, Et. Al). And, y'know...
  5. Tumbleweed

Mecha Minis?

So! I just got in on the Lancer kickstarter, because it looks super fun. Plus, who doesn't love giant robots? One thing that got me, however, was how crunchy & tactical the game is, at least when it comes to the mecha stuff. Which means that having physical representations of the mechs on the...
  6. Tumbleweed

[Wuxia] St. Martin's Press to release translations of Legend of the Condor Heroes

Per Tor.com I have to say, I'm pretty excited for this, as Legend of the Condor Heroes has always been one of those things I've heard about, but never managed to read-- mostly 'cause I've been too lazy to track down any of the fan-translations online. Kind of surprised it's taken this long for...
  7. Tumbleweed

A thread for talking about Terry Pratchett

Exactly what it says on the tin, folks! So yeah. I just finished reading Men at Arms the other day, as it was one of the few Watch novels I hadn't read yet. And it was kind of interesting, as while it was the 15th Discworld novel, it kind of felt like the first one where Discworld was becoming...
  8. Tumbleweed

[Comics] So, what are the best Avengers romances?

Or 'ships,' as the common parlance goes. Got Infinity War going on Netflix, and it's got me wondering. See, I grew up on the 90's X-men cartoon as a kid, which in turn got me into the comics-- and all the soap-opera-y shenanigans thereof. So there was the whole Scott/Jean/Logan triangle, or...
  9. Tumbleweed

American LARP vs. Nordic LARP

Right off the bat, I'm gonna say that this isn't going to be a thread where we go and start ragging on one style vs. the other. Rather, I'm kind of curious as to how such huge differences in play came about. See, a few days ago, a LARPier friend of mine mentioned some discussion around a...
  10. Tumbleweed

[Feng Shui 2] Character Sheets?

So! I'm putting together a Feng Shui 2 one-shot. Woo! However, it would be rather ... convenient if I could lay my hands on a blank character sheet template for the game. Which ... I haven't been able to track down in my preliminary googling. Like, there's the various archetype splats...
  11. Tumbleweed

Tell me about Babylon 5.

So! Comet-TV, one of those weird and wonderful between-the-stations digital channels, has started showing Babylon 5. Coincidentally, they're showing it at the same time that Heroes & Icons (another weird and wonderful between-the-stations digital channel), shows Star Trek: The Next Generation...
  12. Tumbleweed

Playstation Classic Announced

Via the Playstation Blog. I mean, why should Nintendo have all the fun? Looks vaguely interesting-- I never had a PS1 as a kid, so the call of nostalgia isn't nearly as strong. Plus, I've still got a PS2 laying around somewhere, so I could theoretically pop a PS1 disc in if I really wanted...
  13. Tumbleweed

(Adventure Time) Anybody watch the finale?

I haven’t been following Adventure Time for the last few seasons, but I wound up watching the series finale last night. I’ll try to keep things spoiler free, but I will say that it was what one would expect from the show: sweet, surreal, and more than a little melancholy. It’s at least not...
  14. Tumbleweed

So, how do you make Vampire: The Dark Ages work?

So! All the various vampire talk has got me thinking. Now, while I've played a lot of Masquerade, it's never been my favorite game (or even my favorite WW game). This said, I've mostly been able to get my head around it. However, I found myself thinking about Vampire: Dark Ages, and, well, I...
  15. Tumbleweed

So, anybody watching Gundam Build Divers?

'cause I know there's a small but loyal bunch of GBF fans around here. Then again, GBD is ... kinda related to GBF, but not really? Which is a shame, because that means we don't get more of the big cast of characters that we like. (Needs more Gyanko, dangit). It's more of a spiritual sequel...
  16. Tumbleweed

Eric Flint's 1632 series.

So! I just read Eric Flint's 1632, which centers on a West Virginian coal town getting inexplicably time-warped into the middle of southern Germany during the Thirty Years War. As you do. And y'know what? I didn't hate it. (You can read a full review on my blog, linked in my signature--...
  17. Tumbleweed

On Re-Watching The Legend of Korra

So! A little while back, I realized "Oh hey, I picked up The Legend of Korra on DVD. Maybe I should be like a caveman and actually watch physical media." So I did! I just finished watching S1, and, because nobody asked for it, some thoughts! Spoilery stuff for a 5 year old TV show, for the...
  18. Tumbleweed

[LTTP] I've got some issues with you, Bioshock Infinite.

Late to the party here, but I've been playing Bioshock Infinite (let's hear it for public libraries having video games!) SPOILERS for a 5 year old vidjagame, natch. First thing, I kinda think this game would've been better if it wasn't a FPS-- or if it at least had options to interact with...
  19. Tumbleweed

Warhammer ... you know, for kids!

It took me a bit to realize this isn't just a belated April Fool's joke. On the one hand, it makes sense-- GW has a heck of a lt of IP, and getting kids onboard early (or even earlier than usual) is a good way to develop new fans and make money. On the other hand, the whole point of that IP...
  20. Tumbleweed

[Silly Geek Arguments] The CW DC Universe vs. Thanos? (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

WARNING! This thread has the potential to get SPOILERY AS ALL SHIT, not only for Infinity War, but also for the various CW DC shows. Consider yourself warned! Or something. Anyway, seeing as of how Josh Brolin's Thanos has doomed any live action incarnation of Darkseid to come off as a ripoff...
Top Bottom