• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Talisman

🎨 Creative Bring me really alien aliens!

In a game I'm running, there's a chance my PCs will be traveling to an alien world. When I say alien, I don't mean bumpy-forehead Trek people or xenomorphs; I mean aliens. Things that we don't have categories for because we've never encountered the like. Things that blur the lines between...
  2. Talisman

Dark magic for Savage Worlds

You know how many settings have some form of magic that is dark, corrupt, evil, or otherwise unusually dangerous? I'm looking for suggestions for how to implement something like this in Savage Worlds. I'd prefer to avoid a custom list of spells/powers, and just have it as an option (unlockable...
  3. Talisman

IC Requiem for the Gods re-continued

Requiem for the Gods part four: Carrigmoor Fire in the Sky To recap: Selina, the cat/ermine chimera pyrokinetic, seems to have become dazzled by the Burning Brand and has followed Madeline home and refuses to leave. Leila and Abigail, the curvy hound chimera next door, are heading out to...
  4. Talisman

Giants and their hunger (looking for an indie RPG)

Ages ago, in the days of yore known as 2008, I got to play in a beta playtest of a tiny indie RPG called simply, Giants. It's by Jeff J. Lower, and the subtitle is "A game about giants and their hunger." It was a simple and unique game, in which the players were, you guessed it, giants of one...
  5. Talisman

[Let's Read] D&D 3.5 Monster Manual III

Welcome folks, to the second in a series of threads where I read through WotC's Monster Manuals for the D&D 3.0/3.5 system. With the Monster Manual II behind us, we press on to the Monster Manual III. Let's Read the Monster Manual III This cover is a lot more coherent than the MM2's; we have...
  6. Talisman

Fantasy herbalism and hazards

Can anyone recommend a really good supplement, splatbook, blog post, or other on the topic of fantastic herbalism? Ideally it would be Savage Worlds, and ideally free, but I'm fine with converting and with dropping a few bucks on something worthwhile. I'm looking for something that offers...
  7. Talisman

🔐 Closed Requesting clarification on a warning

I recently received a warning for (unintentional) offensive language here, and I am asking for some clarification so I can avoid issues like this in the future. For full context, I and some others were discussing whether it's possible to portray "savage, tribal" humanoids in a D&D setting...
  8. Talisman

[Let's Read] AC9: Creature Catalogue (and DMR2)

Welcome folks to another Let's Read. This time we are tackling AC9: Creature Catalogue, published in 1986 for the then-current BECMI version of D&D. The Creature Catalogue is a big ol' monster book, with critters from published modules as well as totally new ones. We've got some real-world and...
  9. Talisman

Your favorite mechanics from each edition

What are your favorite mechanical elements from various editions of D&D? Why do you like them? I'm not talking about which edition is best or worst, just what crunchy elements impressed you and made you wonder why no one had ever done that before. I'll start. 4e: The Bloodied condition...
  10. Talisman

Question on thread approaching 2,000 replies

First of all, apologies if it was inappropriate to post a thread to get this one question answered. I looked around but could not find anything similar. So one of my threads is approaching 2,000 replies (currently at 1,967). I know policy is that when a thread reaches 2,000 replies it's locked...
  11. Talisman

[Let's Read] D&D 3.0 Monster Manual II

Because I am a crazy person, I've decided to start another Let's Read. The monsters were my (and seemingly everyone else's) favorite part of my LR of the Epic Level Handbook, so why not do a LR of all the 3e monster books? I'm not going to do the original Monster Manual, since that has already...
  12. Talisman

IC Poisoned Honey: A Requiem for the Gods Sidequest

Poisoned Honey As you whirl through the void between worlds, holding fast to Anna's hand, you become aware of a turbulence, a sense of chaos. You try to sense the direction it's coming from to ride it as a ship rides a wave, but it's too close. Before you can react, it is upon you - and...
  13. Talisman

OOC Poisoned Honey: A Requiem for the Gods Sidequest

Poisoned Honey Poisoned Honey is a sidequest to Requiem for the Gods, set in the Mesoamerican world of Kaab Lu'um, the Honeyed Lands. Recruitment is closed; I am not looking for new players. @annakimly will be playing Anna Kimly. @RainbowSparkle91 will be playing Madeline Winter...
  14. Talisman

E6 advice [D&D 3e]

Hello peoples! I am slowly working on an E6 setting, using the variant rules found here. I've both played and run a fair amount of D&D 3.5, but I have never tried E6 (and most of my campaigns started at 3rd level). I'm hoping the sages here can help me out. I have some specific concerns. Do...
  15. Talisman

[Let's Read] The Epic Level Handbook (mod permission to go to 2500 posts)

Having been inspired by some of the awesomely entertaining Let's Reads around here, I decided I want in on the fun. I haven't been able to find a LR for this particular book (if I've missed one, could someone link me?). So without further ado, let's get started on The Epic Level Handbook...
  16. Talisman

IC Red Hand of Doom

Red Hand of Doom __________IC Thread__________ Links of Interest Recruitment Thread OOC Thread The inevitable wiki Orokos dice roller Our Heroes Veryacas, LG elf ranger (Elfwine) "Zan" Desederioscioli, CG gnome bard (Caias Ward) Grenanthal Auderheim, LG human paladin (shadowsaint007)...
  17. Talisman

OOC Red Hand of Doom [D&D 3.5]

Red Hand of Doom OOC Thread Links of Interest Recruitment Thread IC Thread We now have a wiki! Our Heroes Veryacas, LG elf ranger (Elfwine) "Zan" Desederioscioli, CG gnome bard (Caias Ward) Grenanthal Auderheim, LG human paladin (shadowsaint007) Nadir Adraleis, CG half-elf sorcerer...
  18. Talisman

💀 Necro [Interest/Recruitment] D&D 3.5 Red Hand of Doom!

Greetings, folks. I would like to run the D&D 3.5 adventure, Red Hand of Doom, and I’m looking for players. Ideally, I’d like 4-6 players, with a decent mix of melee smashers, spellcasters, and general adventurers. Fun is more valuable than optimization here, and I firmly discourage rules abuse...
  19. Talisman

IC Hawnfel: Shattered Light [Savage Worlds, Closed]

Hawnfel: Shattered Light A Dark Fantasy RP It started as a bright and sunny day in the state of Varisia, the breadbasket of the Empire of Magnos. As you traveled toward your destination, you were able to appreciate the intensely blue skies of late summer, the welcome cool of the gusty...
  20. Talisman

OOC Hawnfel: Shattered Light OOC Chat [Savage Worlds, Closed]

Hawnfel: Shattered Light A Dark Fantasy RP This is the OOC thread for the Hawnfel: Shattered Light RP. Please keep all OOC talk here; the IC thread is for in-character dialogue and description only. Our Heroes currently consist of: Talis, human (Ondonti) farmer/novice wizard, played by...
Top Bottom