• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Libertad

[Let's Read] Nyambe: African Adventures

New Animals & Vermin This section is light on new artwork, unsurprisingly. A lot of the new animals are for stats of existing real-world creatures or altered versions of corebook ones. Thus our “new” animals and vermin include the following: the war camel is a stronger version of the standard...
  2. Libertad

We got plenty of lions and a few imported baers, but no tigers! The final chapter is by far the longest, taking up 25% of the book’s content with nearly 60 new monsters, all but a few with their own artwork. For obvious reasons I’m not going to go in-depth on specific monster types, but will...
  3. Libertad

If Feats are the First Estate of D20 supplements, then New Magic Items would be the Second, with monsters a close Third. And hoo boy do we have a lot of new trinkets, artifacts, concoctions, and all things supernatural! Magic Armor is actually just as common in Nyambe-tanda as it is in other...
  4. Libertad

This is the Miscellaneous GM’s Section of the book, a collection of material which doesn’t fit in the other chapters. On a similar note the artwork here feels like placeholders, few of which is directly relevant to the adjoining text. The majority of content focuses on new adventure hooks and...
  5. Libertad

Our chapter first starts out with the major geographical regions of Nyambe, along with comprehensive random encounter tables for each of them. In regards to this last part the average Encounter Level, or level of challenge of comprised monsters, tends to hover around the low-middle range of 5 to...
  6. Libertad

So an interesting question a reader brought up on another forum is if Lockjaw can also be used to negate bite attacks. I reread the spell description and concluded as such: As a bite attack is quite clearly a form of "eating" for many monsters, I'd rule it as yes. Granted I can see some...
  7. Libertad

This is a collection of new setting-specific spells, along with some alternate rules reflecting the magical foundation of the universe. Alternate Magic Rules These are not suggested house rules, but rather specific variants taking into account the unique practices of Nyamban magic and the...
  8. Libertad

The shortest chapter of all, this covers the religious practices of Nyambe and the game mechanics for the orisha. Basically Nyambe never answers prayers directly, so normal people and divine spellcasters use the orisha as intermediaries. Every individual and culture has their own favorites, and...
  9. Libertad

Weapons, armor, and mounts oh my! Here we not only see new gear in Nyambe, we also see how existing ones are reflavored from a Fantasy European to a Fantasy African context. Trade Goods First off, most of Nyambe-tanda uses one of three forms of currency to varying degrees of mixture: the...
  10. Libertad

It just wouldn’t be a D20 game without feats, and while we do have new modes of combat and skills they do not occupy the lion’s share of this chapter. We have a new skill, Natural Medicine, which is basically a variant of Alchemy but reflavored to be less chemistry/laboratory-related. It is...
  11. Libertad

In Nyambe-tanda, Prestige Classes are a cut above the common crop, associated with specific organizations and special trainers to separate them from the more general and self-taught core classes. We first start off with looking at what existing PrCs can convert to Nyambe, and given this is 3.0...
  12. Libertad

Nyambe takes a different approach than most 3rd Edition D&D settings. For one, the Player’s Handbook classes are not native to the setting with a few exceptions, usually originating among one of the three foreign groups: Northerners, Near Easterners, or Far Easterners, with only the Cleric...
  13. Libertad

Nice! Got any interesting stories to share in the design process? Granted I probably won't get to the monsters chapter in a while, on account of it being the last chapter in the book.
  14. Libertad

Human Variants This entry details the twelve major ethnic groups of Nyambe-tanda. The text acknowledges that Nyambe has many more minor ethnicities (such as the near-vanished Boha-Boha) but that the twelve here are most likely to produce adventurers. Like most D&D settings humans are numerous...
  15. Libertad

Pelgrane Press disassociates Jonathan Tweet from 13th Age/Pelgrane

I was in the process of editing my post for new information, but I'm glad to be of help. Also since it's relevant, there was a good New York Times article written by a conservative back in the day disentangling IQ scores from genetics and skin color, showing how various factors in the economy...
  16. Libertad

Pelgrane Press disassociates Jonathan Tweet from 13th Age/Pelgrane

Someone compiled various statements by Tweet on Gamerghazi about a month ago where he was implying that there were some uncomfortable truths that mainstream society didn't want to touch and was thus being claimed by the alt-right. This was sometime back in May, and the 13th Age Twitter briefly...
  17. Libertad

For its near-fifty years of existence, Dungeons & Dragons has branched out into a variety of inspirational material beyond the Tolkien-styled European fantasy. The older AD&D Player’s Handbook sprinkled artwork of adventuring parties, shrines, and equipment from non-medieval time periods, and...
  18. Libertad

[Any] OSR system for an all-wizards dungeon crawl

Back in late 2016 I wrote an OSR magic school supplement, Larius Firetongue's School of Sorcery. It has material useful for both players and GMs, including a mini-hexcrawl and starting dungeon delve adventure.
  19. Libertad

[Mutants & Masterminds Freedomverse] How many parallel worlds have been designed?

The very first page in Chapter 1 ofWorlds of Freedom described that the worlds described in Chapters 4 thru 8 are parallel dimensions. As the pirate city of Freeport is detailed in Chapter 8, this technically makes Green Ronin's first D&D setting a parallel Earth along with the others. Although...
  20. Libertad

[Mutants & Masterminds Freedomverse] How many parallel worlds have been designed?

In Atlas of Earth-Prime, the Spanish supervillain El Monoculo comes from an alternate steampunk-style Earth called Fumus where technology peaked at the 1870s. Said world has since been destroyed by the Terminus.
Top Bottom