• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Hunter

[TV] [TV] THE BESTS WORSTS AND MOSTS OF THE 2018-2019 TV SEASON

****WARNING: THERE WILL BE SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD. LOTS AND LOTS OF SPOILERS. I MEAN IT. ***** ***ALSO, IT CONTAINS POTENTIALLY TRIGGERING MATERIAL*** As May draws to a close, so too does the 2017-2018 television season. If there was a phrase to describe the 2018-2019 television season...
  2. Hunter

[TV] Anybody Watching AMERICAN SOUL?

I just caught the first two episodes of this series and have decided to follow the rest. It's a fictionalized account of how Don Cornelius took a little show called SOUL TRAIN from being a regional hit into a national sensation. There were a couple of bits in the show that I found a little...
  3. Hunter

Name Change Request For Thread

Could the thread [Movies] The Oscar Nominations Are Coming thread title be changed to [Movies] The 2019 Oscars? Thread is here: https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/movies-the-oscar-nominations-are-coming-up.840025/ Thanks!
  4. Hunter

[Movies] The 2019 Oscars

The Oscar nominations are in 12 days, and already the first Oscar controversy has hit! I am truly flummoxed as to why AQUAMAN was left off the shortlist for the FX* category - I would have thought it was a shoo-in, and FX is just about the only category where Oscar voters wild bias against box...
  5. Hunter

[Movies] The 2019 Box Office Report

New year, new thread! Right now, the big question is how long will AQUAMAN dominate the box office. Is there anything coming out in the next couple of weeks that can topple it? 2019 is shaping up to be an exciting year at the movies, here's a list, courtesy of EW, of all the movies that we...
  6. Hunter

[2018-2019 Television Season] The Ratings

Welcome to September, Tangency-ites! :) A new television season is almost upon us! Which means it's time to start another ratings tracking thread! As per usual, I'll be posting in dribs and drabs until the season revs up, then more regularly as it gets into gear. Also, once again...
  7. Hunter

[TV] THE BESTS WORSTS AND MOSTS OF THE 2017-2018 TV SEASON

****WARNING: THERE WILL BE SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD. LOTS AND LOTS OF SPOILERS. I MEAN IT. ;) ***** As May draws to a close, so too does the 2017-2018 television season. As always, it was a season of highs and lows, of much-hyped shows that proved to be crushing disappointments and...
  8. Hunter

[Star Wars Movies] Boba Fett Movie To Be Directed By James Mangold

Looks like the next standalone STAR WARS movie is going to be a prequel focusing on Boba Fett: I'm not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand: James Mangold. On the other hand: I was willing to let the while "make movies about the backstories of established characters" thing slide for...
  9. Hunter

[Star Trek Movies] Looks Like 4 Is A Go!

Found this article on Vulture.com, looks like not only is STAR TREK 4 greenlighted but they have picked a director: I have been jonesing for this movie ever since I heard the "Kirk meets his father" teaser. I had the impression there was some question about whether it would go forward due to...
  10. Hunter

[2018 Winter Olympics] Hottest Hotties of the Games - The Women

Due to popular demand... Got a lady Olympian you are crushing on hard? Post her picture here! If we get enough nominees, I'll post a poll sometime next week and we can declare a winner!
  11. Hunter

[2018 Winter Olympics] Hottest Hotties of the Games - The Men

Due to popular demand... Post pictures of male Olympians you are crushing on in this thread. If we get enough nominees, I'll do a poll next week sometime to anoint a winner! (Countin down to Adam Rippon post in 3... 2... 1... ;) ).
  12. Hunter

[2018 Winter Olympics] Let the Games Begin!

In just a few minutes, NBC will start it's coverage of the Opening Cermonies, where the Pyongyang Olympics will officially begin. So I thought I would start a thread where we could discuss the ceremonies and the Olympics as a whole. What are you looking forward to seeing at this Olympics?
  13. Hunter

Who Is the Quintessential 80's Male Movie Star?

As long as we are discussing who the quintessential male and female 80's pop music stars are, let's keep it going... Who was the male movie star that best captured the zeitgeist of the 80s? Me, I am torn between three nominees. The first is the guy who's career was born in 1980, who zoomed...
  14. Hunter

What is the Quintessential 80s Female Pop Album?

Spinning off of this thread, the question arises, "What is the Quintessential 80s Female Pop Album?". Two potential answers already: Me, I'd go with this:
  15. Hunter

[Tropes] Is There A Name For This? Is It Even A Trope?

A thought occurred to me the other day about a phenomena I noticed especially in TV shows but occasionally in movies and I was wondering if it it had a trope name. I'm not sure it even qualifies as a trope since it really doesn't have anything to do with plot points or anything like that. What...
  16. Hunter

Ship Wrecks - Your Favorite Ships That Got Ruined

This thread was inspired by this post in the Unsupported Ships thread: It has to do with what my reply, as an avid Spike/Buffy shipper was going to be, which was: It's not like we got treated any better by the new management (that would be the odious Marti Noxon, for all those keeping track)...
  17. Hunter

[2017-2018 Television Season] The Ratings

Good lord, Labor Day is this Monday! :eek: That can only mean one thing. A new television season is almost upon us! Which means it's time to start another ratings tracking thread! As per usual, I'll be posting in dribs and drabs until the season revs up, then more regularly as it gets into...
  18. Hunter

[MCU] Ranking the Marvel Movies

So, I just recently found this article, which ranks all the MCU movies released before GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOLUME 2 from the very best to the... ummm... least best. I thought it might be fun if we all put up our rankings of the Marvel movies up until now and compared and contrasted them, so...
  19. Hunter

Could You Add Something To My Thread Title?

https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?805462-TV-And-We-Have-Our-Next-REIGN!!! I got a request to add the title of the TV show we are discussing, "Still Star-Crossed" to the thread title... Thanks! :)
  20. Hunter

[TV] And We Have Our Next REIGN: Still Star-Crossed

Apparently with REIGN off the air, some TV high poobahs apparently decided that the TV landscape needed yet another costume drama who's pretensions are only matched by it's utter, complete stupidity. Behold your new hate-watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o3Li_K3v2M Words cannot...
Top Bottom