• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Rabbit Éclair

Resources for cyberpunk mission planning?

Over the past couple of months, after rereading a stack of foundational cyberpunk/transhumanist novels, I thought it'd be fun to start a game of The Sprawl for my friends. And so far, it has been! The system clicks pretty well with the group, and everyone seemed to enjoy the first mission...
  2. Rabbit Éclair

Recommend me an Actual Play podcast for my exceedingly specific preferences!

A new league of Path of Exile is starting up soon, and that means that I'm once again a woman in need of a hundred hours of audio to listen to while I smash monsters. Every previous league, I've listened to the archives of a podcast, which usually works out pretty well... except I'm caught up on...
  3. Rabbit Éclair

Magical Transhumanism: is it a thing?

I'm going to start this thread off by talking about the example that originally got me thinking on the subject, so: Alice Margatroid, from Touhou Project. She's a youkai magician, which means that she's performed rituals to eliminate her need for food, water, and sleep, and she no longer...
  4. Rabbit Éclair

OOC Magical Burst: The Broken Universe

IC thread Sorry for not giving as much detail for other people to work with as Kei, but it's safe to assume that you're in a pretty normal class. Once people post their initial reactions, I'll throw more details into the other classes, but if you want to establish anything with your opening...
  5. Rabbit Éclair

IC Magical Burst: The Broken Universe

It's a perfectly normal day in class 1-B. Which doesn't quite mean the same thing it did six months ago. The room has a few notably empty desks: Up front, Saito's desk, left blank after the day that he announced that attending school is a waste of time with everything that's going on. In the...
  6. Rabbit Éclair

[Semi-closed recruitment] Magical Burst 4e

Over in the meta thread, we had quite a crowd clamoring to play Magical Burst 4e, and since I'm intending to run it sooner or later, it would seem that our interests align. So, the people who were talking about a game in the thread get first dibs, if they'd like to play. By my estimation...
  7. Rabbit Éclair

Muppets Most Wanted

I just got back from seeing it. Pretty good, although I didn't like it quite as much as the earlier, um, new-gen one, I guess? The people who disliked Walter getting so much attention in the first movie will be pleased (really pleased at one gag, probably), and if you've ever wanted to see Danny...
  8. Rabbit Éclair

[Fanfiction] Link stuff you've written

From the fanfic-oriented threads we've had lately, it's obvious that quite a few RPG.net users write/have written fanfiction. Reading some more fics by people around here would be cool, but in about 20 pages of search results, the only places I could find for posters to share their own stuff...
  9. Rabbit Éclair

[Existing game, GM needed] Persona Gaiden: Shadows in the City of Light

A game by this very name was formed on this board a couple of months ago. We started the game, got about a hundred posts in... and then the GM stopped posting to the game's threads and our attempts to contact him since have been fruitless. Whatever the reason, it's been a month, we figure he's...
  10. Rabbit Éclair

The "How will morality change in 100 years?" thread redtexting [Answered]

Just so I'm clear: Are we okay to continue the whole larger neuroethics/"can you make me a better person without erasing what it means to be me?" topic as long as we don't address gender identity? We were kinda moving on from genders anyway, but then Cessna redtexted and I'm not sure if that...
  11. Rabbit Éclair

OOC Kaiju Hunters of Siberia

There we go. IC thread is here. Various stuff: As I mentioned in the recruitment thread, I'll be unable to do any in-depth mechanical stuff between this Sunday and next Friday. I'll be available to post at least occasionally throughout most of that period, though, so hopefully we can keep things...
  12. Rabbit Éclair

IC Fate Core: Kaiju Hunters of Siberia

(OOC thread is here.) The city of Bratsk is not the first place anybody would have chosen as the final redoubt of humanity. Back before the war, it was a slowly-dying industrial town and one of the most polluted spots on Earth. But, now that things have changed, it has a few things going for...
  13. Rabbit Éclair

Tell me about PS Vita games

I would like to play Persona 4. I can either buy the original version for my PS2, or I can buy a Vita and P4 Golden. My Playstation 2 is getting rather old and unreliable, so I'm not sure I want to spring for it on PS2, and, well, my WiiU is not proving to be the gaming powerhouse I'd hoped it...
  14. Rabbit Éclair

[Interest/Brainstorming] Over-the-top giant monster hunters

Three of the five pieces of media I've really enjoyed this summer are Pacific Rim, Attack on Titan, and RWBY. I kept considering running a game based on one or the other of 'em, until I realized that all three are stories about people either fighting, or training to fight, giant monsters to keep...
  15. Rabbit Éclair

[IRC, Fate Core] Strange people in a stranger town

THE PITCH The city of Middlebury, Iowa, is weird. For one, the first French settlers, back in the 1700s, declared that the spot was possessed, burnt the entire town down, and moved on. The area was briefly resettled a few years later, until the settlement vanished without a trace. A third...
  16. Rabbit Éclair

[WIP] Baldur's Gate 2

Well, there seems to be enough interest in this to be worth giving a shot, so let's see how this goes. Baldur's Gate 2, for the maybe two people on this board who don't know, is the sequel to Baldur's Gate, which was published in 1998 and is often credited for single-handedly reviving the...
  17. Rabbit Éclair

Would there be any interest in a WIP of Baldur's Gate 2?

Exactly what it says on the tin. I'm kinda low on games to play for the moment, and I've been thinking of doing another run-through of BG2, since I haven't played it in quite a while. This afternoon, I realized that there might be quite a few people around here who either can't commit to playing...
  18. Rabbit Éclair

Need some movie night suggestions

Every Wednesday, my friends and I have a movie night at my place... except, after about two and a half years of this, we're sorta starting to run out of movies that we want to watch. So, I thought I'd draw on the hivemind of OM to build up a bit of a backlog. Ideally, movies should be available...
  19. Rabbit Éclair

Confessions of an (ex) MMO addict

Afterburner's post over in the game confessions thread: ... made me think. Because, yeah, I went through an intense MMO addiction period too. I was kinda hooked on EverQuest and Star Wars Galaxies in high school, but my family had dial-up internet and only one phone line, which kept things in...
  20. Rabbit Éclair

Fire Emblem: Awakening

I keep seeing this game discussed elsewhere, but nothing here, strangely enough. So, let's change that! I went through a horrible slog getting my 3DS to actually let me download this yesterday, but so far, I'm glad I did. The battles are fun and challenging, the cutscenes are gorgeous (and...
Top Bottom