• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. V

Challenge: how could these dice be used with d20 games?

I'm thinking triple +/- results would invoke the complication/favor. Are you suggesting a spellcasting roll?
  2. V

Perhaps the +/- symbols could be used to invoke certain weapon properties. Still not sure about the yes/no symbols, though.
  3. V

I'm about to launch a second Kickstarter for the dice in the image below. I would like to include some house rule ideas for using the dice, specifically with d20 games such as Pathfinder and D&D 5e. I'm not against a 3d6 mechanic replacing the d20. But I'm open to any & all suggestions. Thanks!
  4. V

[Heroquest Glorantha] what is it like in play?

Slightly off-topic, but are the HeroQuest rules available to third parties who wish to publish something using that ruleset, such a FATE and the *World engines? I'm talking about "generic" HeroQuest, not the Glorantha version.
  5. V

Gemini: the Dark Fantasy RPG - does it exist as a pdf?

Two questions: 1) How in the world did you remember this 11 year old thread? 2) Got a link?
  6. V

[Heroquest Glorantha] what is it like in play?

For those who have the HQ: Glorantha, I would like to hear your thoughts on how it plays at the table. I have the book, and know it is supposed to mimic the style, pacing, and outcomes of heroic fiction & movies rather than anything simulationist, but the mechanics strike me as obstructing those...
  7. V

Looking for help on this house rule/mod.

I've been playing around with giving unique benefits to specific race/class combinations. For example: Dwarf Wizard Dwarf wizards may brand their body with runes containing spells from their spellbook. They may cast the spell from a given rune without expending a spell slot. This “rune casting”...
  8. V

Sell me/unsell me on The Fantasy Trip

All I know about TFT is that it has some GURPS DNA in it. Tell me more!
  9. V

[5e] favorite house rules & tweaks

In a complete ripoff of this thread, what are your favorite 5e house rules? I'm trying out something I call the Boss Die, where, during "boss" encounters (usually the big bad monster at the end of most sessions), each player rolls 1d4. Somewhat similar to the escalation die in 13th Age, the...
  10. V

Do you own DCC dice?

Dungeon Crawl Classics uses d3, d5, d7, d14, d16, and d24 dice in addition to the standard d4, d6,d8,d10,d12, and d20 most of us are used to. Do you own any or all of these dice? If so, do you use them for RPGs other than DCC? Or do you just collect dice?
  11. V

What old school adventures have been 'updated' to d20?

Do you mean have updated/converted them, or that there are official conversions?
  12. V

What old school adventures have been 'updated' to d20?

I have Tales From the Yawning Portal, a collection of adventures from previous editions updated to 5e. Are there any other older adventures that have been updated? Specifically, I'm looking for pre-3e adventures converted to 3e or 5e.
  13. V

Has the Traveler chargen system inspired any other RPGs?

You choose a branch of the military you want to join and roll to see if you're accepted. If you fail, you get drafted into a random branch. From there on, you roll to re-enlist. You also roll to see what skills you get, money, attribute bonuses, etc. You can even die during chargen!
  14. V

Has the Traveler chargen system inspired any other RPGs?

Has there ever been an RPG that uses a character generation system inspired by the original Traveler system, with characters attempting to be accepted into different branches of the military or organizations? I'm thinking of designing a fantasy RPG where, during chargen, players roll to see if...
  15. V

What is the best fantasy RPG based on 3.x?

Pathfinder? Iron Heroes? Arcana Evolved? D&D 3.5? Something else? What fantasy RPG using 3.x rules as its foundation do you feel is best?
  16. V

Is there an RPG where players lay out "dungeon rooms" on their turn?

I have some of those, and they are decent. What I'm thinking of is a game where the players choose what tiles & features get put down, some sort of countdown indicates a chance of an encounter happening. Perhaps like 13th Age's escalation die, but with the die indicating the chance of something...
  17. V

Yes, that's the closest fit I can think of.
  18. V

I'm imagining each player has a hand of cards they draw before the game starts. Then each lays a card down from their hand, at their discretion, when their turn comes. Something eventually triggers an event such as a monster fight. I'm not sure what would trigger it, though.
  19. V

Somewhat similar, but players wouldn't just lay out rooms, but also features such as altars, traps, statutes, etc. It would require miniatures like Betrayal at the House on the Hill.
Top Bottom