• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Chikahiro

The suffocating pressure of everything being always online and the vanishing joy of single player.

Cool - thank you everyone! :D I appreciate the answers regarding LANs these days :) I'd love to be able to set up a bunch of consoles/computers together for an automated tournament system for fighting games, with each player having their own station so nobody has to move around, matches are...
  2. Chikahiro

The suffocating pressure of everything being always online and the vanishing joy of single player.

Yay improvement! But, are you one of us nerds? <--- hates computer networking
  3. Chikahiro

I remember that, but the original plan too was that once you bought a game physically it was tied to you, killing reselling, lending, etc. That didn't jive with mainstream console players and retail games (understandably so). I thought the lead quit? The former EA guy, Matrick? While I know our...
  4. Chikahiro

I wonder what percentage of players would actually benefit from that? More curious than anything. Enough to make the development of the feature worthwhile? I know the common sense answer can be "lots" but I'm actively wondering from a "wish I had numbers" point of view. If anything, I've...
  5. Chikahiro

Dumb question: isn't LAN support sort of redundant now? If you're on a LAN, isn't the assumption you're also on the internet?
  6. Chikahiro

I'm partly guessing the prevelance of online is tied into hoping there's a networking effect and boosting sales plus giving a game increased longevity. There was some (study? research? trophy/achievement analysis something?) where most people never actually finish the games they buy. I am...
  7. Chikahiro

[Aristeia] MOBA + Sports tabletop game

Friendly Local Game Shop! Well, neighbor island. I've found a store on Oahu I can work with since The War Store closed. Paying full retail versus the discounted prices TWS or Miniature Marketplace give, but they use USPS shipping which is cheap and fast inter-island :) AaaaaAAaaaand the full...
  8. Chikahiro

Reckless Hearts trailer up! Sadly, their stat cards aren't up yet. Pre-ordered and excited :3
  9. Chikahiro

Game up!
  10. Chikahiro

HERO System - Fantasy campaign - choosing an edition - advice

If you want a cut down HERO, you'll definitely want the main forums. Ask how to streamline things. Tell them your goals, desires, etc. It'll help. There's tons of tricks out there, and stuff you can do. So, why reinvent the wheel? Speaking of which: how stripped down so you want it to be?
  11. Chikahiro

HERO System - Fantasy campaign - choosing an edition - advice

I'd supplement whatever you get with input from the forums (here and at HERO). Using pre-fab spells, weapons, gear, etc., will take a lot of the work out IMO.
  12. Chikahiro

We've got Primus versus BanzaiZAP coming on Twitch! Saturday at 2pm HST / 5pm PST / 6pm EST / Sunday 12pm NZST! Not sure what the teams are or which mode, but we've finally started branching out from Assault, so... we'll see! And I've just gotten Master of Puppets in plus painted, so that'll be...
  13. Chikahiro

RPGnet's Fighter's Group: Waku Waku 7

King of Fighters 2001 is now on Windows 10 with the overly long title: ACA Neo Geo KOF2001 For Windows. That said, its the arcade version with K9999 instead of Nameless. So, yeah, I'm quite happy.
  14. Chikahiro

[Warmahordes] Low-sodium discussion thread

So, the upcoming rules digest removes hills? I'm... really curious... Anyhow, watching right now. We don't use theme forces when we play, but still...
  15. Chikahiro

Any new universal/generic systems coming out?

This is true. Frankly, I've seen soooo many cases of one player's "must have features" being another player's "game must not include" list. Frankly, even with games that have a lot of similarities just a few differences can make one "perfect" with the other being an also-ran.
  16. Chikahiro

New Edition of Bushido

How much does it cost to get into this?
  17. Chikahiro

Monsterpocalpse returns!

New MonPoc big monsters: https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/43572/autumn-brings-more-monsterpocalypse I sort of want a pack of jet-pack apes.
  18. Chikahiro

[Warmahordes] Low-sodium discussion thread

So, there's something going on with hills? O_o Tangentially related: new Riot Quest models announced. I don't know about for Warmachine, but as an IKRPG player these are quite nice. I like how many are metal (or are metal and resin versus just resin)...
  19. Chikahiro

Should Characters generally be really Competent at Skills?

Oh, and regarding supers specifically: how many times have you read a comic and a character is not only super powered but some sort of genius tinkerer, martial arts expert, arcane scholar, etc, as well? I wouldn't worry too much about all the characters looking like Mary/Marty Sues because...
  20. Chikahiro

Should Characters generally be really Competent at Skills?

I think it might be good to present options. For instance, we do a lot of games in HERO. In some games everyone is good at what they want to be good at, and usually exceptionally so. If nobody has skill X, then maybe we end up trying to roll 8 or less on 3d6 or something, although the GMs try...
Top Bottom