• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. flashedarling

SteamWorld Quest for Switch

So a new SteamWorld game is coming out. This time it is a turn-based RPG reminiscent of Slay the Spire. Kotaku review makes it sound pretty good. https://kotaku.com/steamworld-quest-the-kotaku-review-1834242055 I've enjoyed pretty much all the SteamWorld games after picking them up as a...
  2. flashedarling

Brainstorming on Bibliomancy

So I've been running a campaign where each of the major areas is based upon an esoteric magic system. My players recently have reached the Bibliomancy dungeon and I'm trying to figure out cool effects and how those translate into challenges for the players. I'm looking for some help...
  3. flashedarling

[Team Fortress 2] Penultimate comic is up

I cannot for the life of me find the team fortress thread so here is a new thread to discuss the penultimate team fortress comic. http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=26763 All sorts of goodies here like; Who was scouts real father? Someone on the team is PREGNANT! Is it demoman? (no, it is...
  4. flashedarling

[Cosmere] Arcanum Unbound discussion

Just finished Arcanum Unbound by Brandon Sanderson last night. While I had read many of the novellas and short stories before I still got a lot of enjoyment out of it. The Emperor's Soul is still my favorite novella but I'd say that Edgedancer and Sixth of the Dusk aren't too far behind as...
  5. flashedarling

Designing a mega-dungeon loot system

I'm trying to develop a random loot system for my campaign and am looking for some help. Here is the layout- an 11 level megadungeon with each level being its own 'biome'. Each level of the dungeon maps to a character level or CR. (first level is CR 2, the last is CR 12). We using 5e and are...
  6. flashedarling

The Talos Principle

"Awaken my child, explore the garden but do not ascend the tower...." This game has been sitting on my backlog for about a year now and since the DLC was on sale I decided to finally try it. While not the most challenging puzzle game I've played it was certainly engaging. I'd say "just one more...
  7. flashedarling

Hard West: XCOM meets Weird West

I've been seeing stories popping up about Hard West claiming it is very similar to the recent XCOM entries with a Western theme. That puts the game on my radar immediately. It's been getting pretty decent reviews so far. Has anyone tried this game out?
  8. flashedarling

Humble Monthly - huh..

From the company that brought you 'pay what you want' game bundles and inflated your games library by hundreds of games comes.... a 12 monthly subscription service? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkOfIpq5YRM Now I trust the Humble Bundle people more or less, they have a good service and...
  9. flashedarling

[5E] Designing an epic fight for level 20 characters

Tomorrow I plan to finish the last session of my 5e conversion of Rise of the Runelords and I'd like to mix things up for the final fight. Lone casters no matter how much preparation fail to insight terror in this edition. Plus it's the final fight it needs to be more than just exchanging...
  10. flashedarling

Armada by Ernest Cline is ......

Awful. Complete garbage. It even makes Ready Player One look worse by comparison. It seems about on par with the movie Pixels in trying to slide by on references and nostalgia alone (Remember that last book I wrote you enjoyed so much? Remember the 80's!?) Here is a review I think does a good...
  11. flashedarling

[5E] Designing Legendary items & throwing the Necromancer a bone

So I'm running a conversion of Rise of the Runelords and the party has finally made it to the Runeforge, which according to the lore is suppose to be chock full of epic magic items based on the seven deadly sins. Since the conversion from Pathfinder to 5E my players have been griping a little...
  12. flashedarling

[Starcraft] Legacy of the Void BETA - HARVEST ALL THE MINERALS

So how does everyone feel about the upcoming Legacy of the Void beta. Starting March 31st. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/18291111/legacy-of-the-void-beta-preview-3-18-2015 Something I think is worth commenting on is the huge boost they are giving the early game by increasing the starting...
  13. flashedarling

Massive Chalice Beta: The 600 year war

Just got my beta invite which went out to all backers yesterday. It's heavily reminiscent of the most recent X-COM series, only instead of cyber-modifying and genesplicing your soldiers you marry them off and make them have babies. "Laurna Stormblood LOOOVES Kergan Battlehorn and they wanna get...
  14. flashedarling

[5E] How much healing is expected

My group is switching over from Pathfinder to 5E this week and for whatever reason they decided to go with a very martially focused party; Paladin, Fighter, Rogue, and Ranger. We're transitioning at 8th level and I'm wondering how much healing they are missing out on by not having a Cleric...
  15. flashedarling

Torment: Tides of Numenera preview

inXile posted the first gameplay video for TTON today. I don't think could ape the Planescape look and feel any harder without actually going back to the Infinity engine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd43NYBzHuk No combat yet but that's not what you're here for are you? People who are...
  16. flashedarling

[5E] Magic item allotments for higher level partys

I know one of the stated goals of 5E is "Magic items are optional" and as such there is no magic item schedule ala 3.5 or 4E. This is fine except my group wants to switch from Pathfinder to 5E and carry on with translated 8th level characters. I have no clue how many items they should be allowed...
  17. flashedarling

[Any] Multi-group adventures

Does anyone have experience with adventures that involve multiple groups playing simultaneously? In the same vein of the Battle Interactives you see in organized play, where multiple tables are all trying to complete the same adventure with some level of interaction between the tables based on...
  18. flashedarling

Are there any two(or more) table adventures?

Something I've always considered running in a variety of systems is a two table adventure. Were there are two groups of players which are being run by separate DMs simultaneously but have shared events they can interact with. Kind of a like a very small scale Battle Interactive that you see in...
  19. flashedarling

Sell me on: Risk Legacy

While at GenCon this year I encountered multiple people who extolled the virtues of Risk Legacy. The way they explained it was not as a board game so much as a boxed set campaign. The strategy equivalent of Kingmaker or Rise of the Runelords. Something to play through with your gaming group when...
  20. flashedarling

MTG Duel of the Planeswalkers 2015

I've been looking forward to this game for a while. Having played every other game in this series I was excited to try the latest one out because its big change: You can now build your own deck from scratch. That's right, instead of just altering a set of pre-existing decks the latest game...
Top Bottom