• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. J

Dungeon World Playbooks

I am actually less a fan of DW and AW than the others. I know that they blazed the trail, but I get so much more fun from what comes later. I think you'd like the books in Fellowship. Very good with the bonds and such. Oh, and Impulse Drive.
  2. J

"Lifepath" systems

@Straife Milton , Jerry D. Grayson, who was the first person to respond to this thread, wrote one of the all-time best lifepath systems. HELLAS: Worlds of Sun and Stone, is like Flash Gordon, BSG and actual Greek Mythology rolled up. Lifepath system. Not clunky or overly recursive.
  3. J

[IN PRAISE OF RANDOM CHARGEN] Post some random Classic Traveller characters!

As promised, here's the K'Kree: K,Kree Character Large (3d6 STR and END, 1d6 DEX, +1DM to hit them, double life support costs) STR 12 (+2) DEX 3 END 14 (+2) INT 12 EDU 7 SOC 9 Animals 0 Engineer 0 Medic 0 I'd have rolled him up with Caste instead of Social Standing, but Mongoose never...
  4. J

Alright, sorry to take so long to get back to you.It turns out that they don't hve K'Kree stats. I'm very sorry about that. So here's what I'll do. I'mma THREE characters. First is gonna be a Panic Pony, or as some ofyou prefer, a K'Kree. I'll make that character up using the 1E rules. Then I'll...
  5. J

Hey, I'll get in on the fun, here. I've got ALL OF THE TRAVELLER done by Mongoose (well, not all of 2E yet, bu that's budget). Back when I worked for Mongoose I took a buttload of store credit and so never had to pay a penny until right about when 2E came out. Anyway, doing 1E for all the...
  6. J

RPGs about playing aristocrats, gentry, members of the ruling class, that sort of thing?

LUG's Dune, if you can find it, is fantastic about this. Also, Mongoose Traveller's Dilletante book and one called Dynasties. They both kinda do this, but from different approaches. If you play a Dilletante character you have resources and holdings. Dynasties turns factions into PCs.
  7. J

So, my wife just watched Exosquad...

Okay. I get it. I'm a game designer. I've got a system that does mecha and other sci-fi stuff. It's super sandboxy and DIY, meaning it's got an easy-to-use system for creating mechs, ships and other vehicles, but there aren't any premade ones. If things are tough you should still be able to...
  8. J

[Bundle of Holding] Advanced Fighting Fantasy

@bottg Haven't been able to get a group together yet. Don't know if you remember me, but I had talked with you about coming up with a "gamebook generator" for solo play. My blog (link in sig) covers developing something like this.
  9. J

So, my wife just watched Exosquad...

Hmm, have you considered Remnants? It's a lightweight game with a rich system for customizing mechs. I haven't seen Exo-Squad in forever, but I really loved it. I know that Remnant's setting and system look very tied together, but they're not, really.
  10. J

Feedback requested; setting and mechanics design for B.Y.O. Dungeon

B.Y.O. Dungeon is my Troika hack. It's downloading very fast. We just released and we're at over 400 copies distributed so far. To support the game and its upcoming chapbooks, I've started a blog, which you can check out at this link. Please take a look at that post, as well as the game (free on...
  11. J

Stellar Adventures is very cool. I backed it on Kickstarter and am glad that I did.
  12. J

Did someone say Troika? I released this hack, called B.Y.O. Dungeon, earlier in the week. Now it's up on Drivethru at this link. The cool thing about BYOD is that we're coming out with a line of premium chapbooks that allow you to create your own group and solo modules.
  13. J

What’s Your Ideal Sci-Fi RPG

Oh, then you would probably like Baroque Space Opera. One of my favorite settings, even if it does use Fate.
  14. J

What’s Your Ideal Sci-Fi RPG

Depends on what you want out of the game. I have a few go-tos. Best part? Most of them have free versions. Stars Without Number Revised: This game is ideal for when you want to play with the larger picture. Its faction system is deep but not overly complicated. Quite a few character options and...
  15. J

What systems and settings exist for Flintlock Fantasy?

The upcoming Kaigaku second edition (using Stars Without Number Revised) includes more gun stuff than the first edition did. The first campaign is going to be about how guns revolutionize warfare. The free beta document is in my sig.
  16. J

Free RPG Day 2019 Any Plans to Run a Game?

Perhaps they did promote it a bit less. However, I will say that I think the loot offered by the FRPG sponsors was kinda lame this year. At GG they supplemented it with Die Hard dice. The metal kind. You roll 1d6 to determine what you can pick out. I got to roll twice for GMing, and I got two...
  17. J

Sell/unsell me on Index Card rpg

And boy is he generous, OP. If you look for the first edition of the game on Drivethru you won't find it. He updated the original book and released it free to everyone who had already bought 1E.
  18. J

Oh, man, really? I'm so sorry. We ran from 3 to about 4:45 or so. I was the chubby guy in the pink shirt.
  19. J

Update to my post regarding Numenera on Free RPG Day at Guardian Games. Due to an emergency I can only make the 3:00 pm session, not the 1:00 pm session. Very sorry.
  20. J

List of SRDs/OGL games

OSR-ish game that takes major inspiration from Cypher and Cortex Prime. With the Sci-Fi version every roll is opposed, versus an environmental difficulty, NPC, PC, or whatever. Stats are dice values. Settingless. LOTS of tables for random adventures, NPC generation on the fly, dungeon...
Top Bottom