• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Talisman

[Let's Read] D&D 3.5 Monster Manual III

Trolls. You know 'em, you love 'em. Actually you probably don't love 'em, since D&D trolls are obnoxious, nigh-unkillable, carrot-nosed murder machines. Regardless, the MM3 has decided you need more troll in your life, so let's start the ball rolling with that subspecies beloved of Gondorians...
  2. Talisman

OOC Red Hand of Doom [D&D 3.5]

Lizard #1 suffers -9 [!!] to Strength. Lizard #2 moves away from Luther, provoking an attack of opportunity (10, miss). It then breathes acid on Veryacas, Zan, Nadir and Gren Veryacas Reflex: 3 +9 = 12, failure. 14 damage. Zan Reflex: 16 +6 = 22, success. 7 damage. Nadir Reflex: 4 +4 = 8...
  3. Talisman

IC Red Hand of Doom

As if guided by the hand of Dol Arrah herself, Sir Grenanthal's blade carves deep into the lizard-creature's side. A gout of blood sprays out, and the creature emits a high, whistling shriek of agony. It staggers, but maintains its footing; it's not done yet, but it clearly doesn't have much...
  4. Talisman

IC Requiem for the Gods re-continued

"Got one of those composting units from the Ag Com," the salesman says. "Breaks down just about anything organic, and I mix it with fifty percent grade-A soil base." "Old Earth recipes," Abigail replies. "I thought you might like it, with your . . . interests. They're one of the few places that...
  5. Talisman

Is that targeted at Lizard #1, the one fighting Grenanthal, or Lizard #2, the one fighting Luther?
  6. Talisman

[Let's Read] 4e Dragon & Dungeon Magazine: Monster Articles

That name. Where did they come up with that name? Because I will always confuse it with the aarakocra, D&D's bird-people who I believe also show up in Dark Sun. This is a perfect example of how "realistic" names can backfire: it makes perfect sense that the natives of Athas would have their own...
  7. Talisman

[Meta] Games You'd Really Like to Play VI: Keep Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'

I'm most familiar with 3e, but would be down for 5e or . . . pretty much any. I could totally do AD&D2.
  8. Talisman

Today we have one of D&D's more unusual monsters (and if you've followed this thread, you know that's saying a lot). Yes, today we trill with the Trilloch A bit of setup here. Trillochs date back to the 1e Fiend Folio where they were described as having "no fixed definite form," but the art...
  9. Talisman

IC [D&D 5e] Legacy of Heva

Merry Leaf on Wind Merry goes for the leader, but her sword tangles with his weapon, causing both to miss. Undeterred, she knees him in the gut. "Had enough yet, you bilge rat?" she hisses. Short sword 9, miss Unarmed strike 23, damage 7 rolls
  10. Talisman

IC The Gates Have Opened

Scavenging up a few sheets of paper and some ink, Alardan drafts a letter to Father Alexander of the Church of Ilmater. In it he describes the experiences he and his companions have had, along with all he can recall about the Foul. He specifically emphasizes how the Foul specialize in mental...
  11. Talisman

OOC The Gates Have Opened

I could post an actual conversation with Colbert if you like. My plan is to give him a legitimate letter to Father Alexander. I haven't posted because I didn't want to interrupt healing Chirt and I didn't feel I had anything to add there.
  12. Talisman

OOC The Gates Have Opened

Bump. Everything okay, folks?
  13. Talisman

IC Dog King's Bounty

Failinas joins in the howling, raising his sword high in victory. "It was a pleasure to fight beside you," he says with a small bow to the guards. "You may have heard of some small trouble with the dragon Maygyr? We've been tasked with resolving it." It's possible Failinas may puff up slightly...
  14. Talisman

[Meta] Games You'd Really Like to Play VI: Keep Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'

Possibly interested depending on the game system. Would be more interested in D&D (any edition) than Rifts or Dark Heresy, just because I don't know those systems well.
  15. Talisman

Luther whacks Lizard #2 for 8 damage. Lizard #1 breathes acid in a cone, catching Grenanthal, Zan and Nadir. Gren Reflex: 9 +4 = 13, failure. Damage 14 Zan Reflex: 19 +6 = 25, success. Damage 7 Nadir Reflex: 15 +5 = 19, success. Damage 7 (rolls) Zan activates his mithralmist shirt, then casts...
  16. Talisman

IC Red Hand of Doom

As Luther pursues the second lizard-creature, the first's throat expands like that of a bullfrog. Its jaws gape, and a billowing cloud of acidic vapors pour out, engulfing Sir Grenanthal entirely. Zan and Nadir are caught in the cloud as well, but manage to avoid the worst effects. Zan...
  17. Talisman

[Let's Read] The 4e Monster Manual and Monster Vault

Ambush drakes hail from 3e's Monster Manual III; the 4e version appears to have lost their slow breath but gained some maneuverability. My first thought was that these were going to be some sort of pseudo-vampiric drakes with a blood drain attack, but "lizard bloodhounds" works too. They seem...
  18. Talisman

D&D has a lot of monsters that look like things. Using them sparingly is fine, but try this - use a construct of any kind in your game. Then use some mundane statues. Preemptive destruction may be exaggerating, but your PCs will greet each and every statue with suspicion, detect magic, Spot...
  19. Talisman

Total 22; that'll hit. So that's 5 +3 for inspire courage = 8 damage. This is the next day, so even if no one spent a spell, Luther would have healed 6 hp overnight. Edit: Updated map!
  20. Talisman

Nadir literally missed the lizard's touch AC by one. :( Monster #2 attacks Luther: Attack 24, hit, damage 9. Like the first one it attacks and jumps away, Spring Attack preventing any opportunity attacks. Luther is up! Initiative - round 1 +3 inspire courage 22 - Veryacas 19 - Grenanthal...
Top Bottom