• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Proteus

[Let's Read] D&D 3.5 Monster Manual III

If it can be a golem, it can be a troll? Looking forward to Web Trolls and Gloom Trolls.
  2. Proteus

[We should all Listen to] The Magnus Archives

I find Jon's decision-making in general to be much better than his colleagues and the fandom give him credit for.
  3. Proteus

[Horror, probable spoilers] Midsommar

Much like the idea of human sacrifice in a burning wicker man, there's a lot of stuff in Midsommar that is historically attested, but not very convincingly. The Ättestupa senicide and the "blood angel" both fall into this category.
  4. Proteus

Aberrant 2nd Edition (Comic / Kickstarter is Running)

Just chiming into agree with Jetstream, 1e novas were awesome at both precog and telepathy. I notice some of the powers try to explain how quantum manipulation is used to operate the power (e.g. using entanglement to teleport). I'm not sure this helps a lot, because as far as I can tell, you...
  5. Proteus

Meet the new 007...

I am skeptical whether this will actually be meaningful, rather than just a secondary character in this one film happening to pick up the 007 tag after Bond retires.
  6. Proteus

The black bug room to end all black bug rooms: Chernobyl

In two episodes, the idea that Chernobyl could poison the entire continent has been mentioned twice. Some risks, however small, are not worth taking. Multi-megaton blasts that level cities and kill entire countries are not an acceptable risk. And that's what the show is saying. It's not the...
  7. Proteus

The black bug room to end all black bug rooms: Chernobyl

The science is annoyingly inaccurate. The miscarriage due to radiation contamination is extremely implausible. In general, a human being with radiation damage is not a threat to other humans, once they have been stripped and washed. Radiation is not a contagious disease. The Bridge of Death is...
  8. Proteus

💯 {Staff Pick} [Sine Nomine] Godbound

If anyone's interested in a homebrew Godbound Realm that follows KC's technique of remixing historical nations with fantasy tropes, please check out my thread: https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/godbound-the-realm-of-sklithra.849380/
  9. Proteus

[Godbound] The Realm of Sklithra

I created a new Godbound Realm, a sort of companion to Arcem. Any feedback or comments are most welcome. https://docs.google.com/document/d/136092Fxs2j3OfVi-mw8KvWzvmDq04Y5A5LFcxPVrxZY/edit?usp=sharing...
  10. Proteus

Context matters. Avatar - is "bender" used to refer to a british male. No. Futurama - is "bender" used to refer to a british male. No.
  11. Proteus

It's passe, sure, though these things are often highly regional. Despite being straight I've been called that slur on dozens of occasions. To me, a british man who calls himself Bender is never going to bring me in mind of emotion-warping powers or binge drinking. If, for you, the name works...
  12. Proteus

AIUI, the reason "Taint" was removed in TC: Æon, and replaced with Corruption, is because of (chiefly US) slang for the perineum. In Aberrant, it appears that more neutral terms (Flux and Transcendence) have been used, for different reasons I assume. If your "Wat" is regarding the homophobic...
  13. Proteus

Also noting that "Taint" had to go because it's US slang for a body part, but a UK homophobic slur as a superhero name is fine.
  14. Proteus

Furthermore, since there is also a prominent stereotype of "gay men do lots of clubbing and take drugs", the whole line about the party scene giving an extra meaning to Corbin's name can easily be read completely the wrong way.
  15. Proteus

An alcoholic "bender" is an event, not a (male) person. So a (male) person called Bender immediately invokes the slur in my mind. I'm a Brit, and more specifically a Scot. In addition to his powers, the preview text tries to justify it in terms of Corbin's football career and his party hard...
  16. Proteus

"Bender" is still a somewhat inappropriate nickname for a Scottish nova.
  17. Proteus

[Let's Play] Sword of the Samurai, 3d attempt

We one-shotted a Shadow Demon. I see no reason not to Stride Boldly into a bunch of them.
  18. Proteus

Ask for the secret of Singing Death. Recovering the sword is our mission, technically we can succeed without slaying Ikiru.
  19. Proteus

If it were possible to recruit all the allies (rather than the 3 from your chosen branch and the ki-rin), this wouldn't feel so bad.
  20. Proteus

[Horror, probable spoilers] Midsommar

Comparisons are inherently two-way. If Midsommar's premise is more ridiculous than the Wicker Man's, then the Wicker Man's premise is less ridiculous than Midsommar. Even if both are still ridiculous. You made a specific claim about Scotland that you can't back up, citing facts about Sweden...
Top Bottom