• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Gentleman Highwayman

Dear Games Workshop,

I wish. They’ve put out three versions of the same game in a little over a year. Blackstone Fortress or as Asmodai implies Rogue Trader would have been better as competitive miniatures board games like Underworld...
  2. Gentleman Highwayman

Shadowrun Sixth Edition?

Right now I’d do the opposite. The main rule book is the thing that will be errataed to high heaven, so wait for a second printing. The fluff books won’t need errata.
  3. Gentleman Highwayman

Dear Games Workshop,

I see you have been on quite a skirmish game tear in the last couple of years: Warhammer Underworlds, Shadow War Armageddon, Necromunda, Kill Team and now War Cry. For full disclosure I have bought all the 40K set games. I make no attempt to hide my preference in that. But I did notice a...
  4. Gentleman Highwayman

Shadowrun Sixth Edition?

In a word, YES. The rules presented don’t match with what the devs and podcast era have told us. (The box set is more complex than what they say.) That alone is very problematic for a starter/beginner box. For me personally I ordered the physical box for two reasons: dice and cards. I need more...
  5. Gentleman Highwayman

Shadowrun Sixth Edition?

Weapons have at least three stats because the type is not used in the QSB. Weapon ARs are five stats because of ranges. It’s neat but a bit fiddly. And vehicles have 4 stats according to the rules, but magically 8-ish when you look at the summaries. I don’t have a problem with simplifying...
  6. Gentleman Highwayman

Shadowrun Sixth Edition?

Sorry, that is me misreading. As I said there is word for word cut and paste duplicates indifferent part of the same paragraphs. That plus the devs saying there was no drain roll...
  7. Gentleman Highwayman

Shadowrun Sixth Edition?

To my reading it’s not. Poorly worded for sure, but the book is plagued with cut and paste errors repeating whole sentences within paragraphs, separated by different sentences. No need to guess how rushed the box was.
  8. Gentleman Highwayman

Shadowrun Sixth Edition?

While I can't comment if the bumbling continues (we'll have to wait until GenCon), the actual QS rules read pretty clear. If the full rules read as clear as the QS ones then I'll be very happy. As someone somewhat frustrated with Anarchy being too simple in some areas and too complex in others...
  9. Gentleman Highwayman

Shadowrun Sixth Edition?

There isn't. You roll Sorcery + Magic (for Hermetic Mages) and if your Hits are lower than the drain you take the difference in Stun damage. One roll determines the outcome (opposed roll with target) and the same roll determines Drain. Though the summary at the end of the book could be...
  10. Gentleman Highwayman

Are there any games where players have effectively unlimited meta-currency?

Double Cross is like a modern version of Exalted done right. Instead of counting down your essence you count up, but by the end of the session you need to be below a certain limit or go to the dark side. There are of course many ways to bring down your score, but some are very drastic and...
  11. Gentleman Highwayman

"Lifepath" systems

Yes. Yes. You get the same attribute and skill points at every major step. There are a few free skills or equipment buried in tables, but nothing notable. The thing is one player could roll a character that has lots of different attribute or skill points and be OK in everything. Another...
  12. Gentleman Highwayman

Shadowrun Sixth Edition?

The cards are each individual pages rather than as sheets you can print and cut up. The dossiers do not look printer friendly. The quickstart rules and adventure are the same length 26 pages. The rules seem to cover the basics (of the pregens) and even rules on riggers, which is free DLC for...
  13. Gentleman Highwayman

Shadowrun Sixth Edition?

It’s the starter box set in digital form. I’m getting it to read the rules, but I’ll also be picking up the hard copy—mostly for the cards and dice. Having a look at the files and first off the files aren’t numbered. The first file in the Zip is the adventure and the read me first file is...
  14. Gentleman Highwayman

Shadowrun Sixth Edition?

Technically it’s not a review but a rather vague complaint. At this point we should be hardly surprised that the pregens are suspect. What I think we all are worried about is that like Anarchy (and probably others before it) 6E will be dropped on us in late beta (or early alpha) without proper...
  15. Gentleman Highwayman

"Lifepath" systems

All the Modiphius 2d20 systems are completely random, completely choose or a little bit of both. In Infinity I built an AI character that can body swap with his sentient personal assistant. It never would have occurred to me if I had not fooled around with random character generation and then...
  16. Gentleman Highwayman

[40k Game Megathread] - Do not post in support of the Emperor of Man

Fixed that for you. Lots of those allegedly multipose minis actually only has one implicit pose, just raise or lower the gun and turn the head one way or the other. The monopole stuff has way more character and often still has lots of customization potential. I'm in for at least a box of Sisters.
  17. Gentleman Highwayman

[Bundle of Holding] Advanced Fighting Fantasy

I went to pick up the Tiny Dungeon bundle because of the "value", got side tracked by AFF then got cold feet with Tiny Dungeon because 1d6/2d6/3d6 isn't just minimalist, it could be pointless to me. (I own Hero Kids and doubt I will ever run it again because of how simplistic it is.) When I was...
  18. Gentleman Highwayman

Is the sci-fi version a complete game or a supplement for AFF? Can I mix the two for something like Dragonstar or Titansgrave?
  19. Gentleman Highwayman

Ya, this. I saw the BoH while looking at Tiny Dungeon and was intrigued by no classes or levels and fairly simple. What sets it apart from say BoL another 2d6 game that seems to be more complex in some areas and more in other than AFF? Name a property that AFF would be good at running. I'm...
  20. Gentleman Highwayman

Playing as Sidekicks?

I heard about the Sidekicks in the Essentials box and then tracked down the UA article it came from. Do you think it might be good to introduce new gamers to D&D by letting them play using the Sidekick rules for characters until they fully grok the full rules?
Top Bottom