• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. B

London/UK Gaming Culture

Thanks for all the suggestions. I appreciate the help.
  2. B

London/UK Gaming Culture

I forgot about meet-up. It's just not used much in Germany. Germans have all their own special sites. :P Thanks for reminding me of it. I had literally forgotten about that website.
  3. B

London/UK Gaming Culture

I'm moving to London in a couple of months, and I wanted to get a better sense of UK/London gaming culture. I've heard that because of space costs and the dominance of Games Workshop, that gaming culture is very different than the United States. From what I understand it's very club focused, but...
  4. B

Gaming Scene in Hamburg Germany

Hi everyone, So I'm moving to Hamburg, Germany in September and would really like to have some people to play some games with. Anyone know what the gaming scene is like in Hamburg? Anyone know any resources that I could tap into? I'm looking for games like Heavy Gear, Burning Wheel, and pretty...
  5. B

Do you need Money? I need a Painter

Hello, I am located in the San Jose, CA area and I have an Imperial Guard army that I need help painting. I can supply all of the paints and give very specific examples of what I am looking for. I would like to pay someone paint a lot of my stock cadian troopers. They are already assembled, but...
  6. B

Archetypes VS Classes

This might have already been mentioned, but you might consider doing something along the lines of skill packages. Look at the Decipher Star Trek game for what I am thinking. A skill package isn't a class really, but a collection of skills for a specific career. Let each player choose three of...
  7. B

Sanctuarie: The Last Living City

Hi, I've started a game blog at the link below. On the blog I have started a challenge to write a project per week. My first project was to create a Zombie Apocalypse D&D setting. This was my shot at it. Please take a look at it and comment if you like it or if you have constructive criticism...
  8. B

Sanctuarie: The Last Living City

Hi, I've started a game blog at the link below. On the blog I have started a challenge to write a project per week. My first project was to create a Zombie Apocalypse D&D setting. This was my shot at it. Please take a look at it and comment if you like it... or if you have constructive...
  9. B

Green Stuff any tips?

Something that I have found that is good for modeling with green stuff is KY Jelly. It is water based, unlike vasaline, and it evaporates when it is done. You can pick up a tube of it for about five bucks at a pharmacy.
  10. B

Warhammer-like setting needed

You know the theme you are going for and what influences it, just make it up as you go along. I know that might not be the answer you want, but it can be a lot of fun. There is another option: collective world creation. This is something I have done a number of times, and I can't recommend it...
  11. B

[Looking for Players] Burning Wheel in San Jose, CA

yeah... I didn't realize it was a sub-forum of Play-by-Post. Sorry about that. :)
  12. B

[San Jose, CA] Looking for Players for a Burning Wheel Campaign

I'm looking for players for a Burning Wheel game. I am in San Jose, CA, new to the area and don't really know many people. The kind of game I was looking to run was a Game of Thrones-style game. I'm not talking about the actual setting, but a thematically similar game. The basic plan would be...
  13. B

[Looking for Players] Burning Wheel in San Jose, CA

I'm looking for players for a Burning Wheel game. I am in San Jose, CA, new to the area and don't really know many people. The kind of game I was looking to run was a Game of Thrones-style game. I'm not talking about the actual setting, but a thematically similar game. The basic plan would be...
  14. B

[Burning Wheel] First time running the system this weekend, any tips?

I have run a few Burning Wheel games to mixed success. The key thing that I have learned is that your players have to know the mechanics. BW isn't really the sort of game where your players can just show up and play cold. There are a lot of complex systems in BW, and they need to know how they...
  15. B

Mecha, Starships, Spelljammers, must have Hexes?

Mecha games don't need hexes. Hell, I have run plenty of mecha games without a map at all. I just role-played it. :P Hexes are a fundamental aspect of detail oriented table top games. Games like Battletech are really worried about facing and firing arcs. If you aren't worried about that at all...
  16. B

[Jovian Chronicles] How did stuff work mechanically?

You're absolutely right. Though, I never ran Tribe 8 as a static setting. It was a society on the cusp of change in my opinion. When I ran Tribe 8 games, there were always big changes happening. There was nothing static. I saw the base book as the common point of view and then all hell breaks...
  17. B

[Star Trek] Religious fundamentalism... in spaaace!

When I think of religious themes in Star Trek, I think of alien religion. Human religion just isn't that important anymore. The Federation is such a conglomeration of various cultures that religion within the Federation is just unimportant. Where the writers explored religious themes were with...
  18. B

[Jovian Chronicles] How did stuff work mechanically?

Jovian Chronicles is definitely Gundam with the serial numbers filed off. When running the game, I found that Syreens were great fodder, and then Wyverns were used as the villain's or enemy commander's vehicle. A Jovian exo-armor can easily take on a three syreens and clean house. The syreens...
  19. B

[4e] Common Tongue

Actually, this is a great idea. The setting I am designing is very low magic, and boons will be an essential part of player rewards. I actually want them to learn languages as they go along. This might just be the best choice there.
Top Bottom