• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Sabermane

Batman: the Batmaning

So I'm fiddling around with an idea, and part of that idea is "what if our source of powers was Batman?" I like cinematic reality as Basically, Batman is the best at everything, which is why he can do cinematic things like pull together an impossible clue from bullet fragments or do all the cool...
  2. Sabermane

dumb question/better than google: Am I missing a Universal Monster?

I am looking at Universal Movie Monsters for reasons. So I got the Draculas, the Frakensteins, the Gill men, the Invisible Man, the Hunchback & Phantom of the Opera, and of course the Wolfman. Oh, and the Mummy. Other than Laurel and Hardy, am I missing anybody? I feel like I'm missing...
  3. Sabermane

Things I "Hate" about FATE, and what might work better?

So I'm in a Fate game. It's going well. But every time I play Fate, I realize I hate it. Not the way I hate other systems that are terrible at what they do, or a system that punishes me for not playing "the right" way, but because it's so, so close to what I want it to be and then it takes a...
  4. Sabermane

SPOILER friendly Magnus Archives Thread

In case you want to talk about the Magnus Archives for things I haven't hit in the let's listen Magnus Archive Thread.
  5. Sabermane

[We should all Listen to] The Magnus Archives

I love the Magnus Archives. It's a horror podcast performed by the Rusty Quill, and it is my favorite cosmic horror universe for three reasons. First, because it has an answer to all those things that characters do in this genre that you all ask questions about. Why would you worship that? Why...
  6. Sabermane

🎨 Creative [Riff] Step-fort: Interdimensional Colonial Marines vs. the Long Giegerish Earth...

“When we activated the SPHOOL reactor, we thought we were going to find limitless energy for humanity. Instead, we found limitless worlds.” --Dr. Krinsha, November 7 1977 (01/7/02 New Calendar) “I hate that joke. It’s not limitless. It’s a few hundred thousand Earths at most.” --Dr. DeWinters...
  7. Sabermane

Things your game isn't about, but you kinda wish it was

so your favorite game is doing a great job at all of the things it needs to do, but still...there are unanswered questions, or weird little hiccups that aren't what the game is built for (or at least, what the game developers are aiming at) but you still kinda wish it was. This might not be good...
  8. Sabermane

What;s the best Apocalypse/Dungeon World out there?

So I'm kinda thinking about Dungeon World and it's layout, and I think I'd like to pick up a copy. What's the best version of this? Which ones are great and which should I avoid?I'm just curious to look at the mechanics and layout a bit more.
  9. Sabermane

Riff? Star Wars minus Star Wars

So I don't really know wht I'm doing with this, or if it will actually go anywhere, but I was pondering Star Wars a bit, and was thinking there's a lot going on there that, due to the fact that it's a movie and not an RPG, you're going to bypass or ignore that could still be really interesting...
  10. Sabermane

Hey, if you have a work week of free time, you should listen to the Magnus Archives (possible spoilers)

So I used to have a job that was ok with me listening to stuff on my computer during work. That got me into some swooky podcasts. Black Tapes, Tanis, and the Magnus Archives. Then I quit that job and got a new job that didn't want me listening to stuff on my computer during work. So I...
  11. Sabermane

Conan which is best: more dice or better odds?

On phone so me brief: in a dice pool system which is better: a bonus giving more dice to roll (roll 4 dice instead of 3) or increasing odds on each die (rolla 3+ instead of 4+) in your opinion?
  12. Sabermane

🎨 Creative [Riff[ Knights of Cyrkos: Transhuman Arthurianish Interstellar Adventure

Revive 257/500:.................FAIL Review/Modify/Review/Pass Review 258/500:...................................FAIL Review/Modify/Review/Pass Review 259/500:............................................RESTORE! Reviving Animus, please wait... vision without eyes. senses without nerves...
  13. Sabermane

What about a game mechanic for the RPGnet dice roller?

So it's late. This might not make sense. But! We have a dice roller. There's a bit of a catch though--you need to post, then edit, and then you can roll. So I wondering--what could you do with a system where you declared you action and THEN rolled the dice? Not a "I want to jump the gap", but...
  14. Sabermane

[Random] What would you call a not-shooty Destroyer? aka Ship classes

So pondering my own homebrew sci-fi game is a normal waste of energy for me from time to time. One of my own beliefs is that you can just buy a ship based basically on size (I know, so groundbreaking). However, I do have some issues. The main one is this--there's a corvette, a frigate, a...
  15. Sabermane

[Creation] Saberboy did something with some cards the other day...

So my son, while slowly driving his grandmother mad with frustration at his ruleset, nonetheless came up with something I hadn't seen. I was kind of curious, and wondering if anything else had been done like this. I'm going to translate from 8=year old and focus on the important bits. Everyone...
  16. Sabermane

🎨 Creative [Riff] The Incredibles post Incredibles 2

So got a chance to see the second one. Good but not quite as great as the first one, still a great universe, solid acting Pixar beautiful yadda yadda. Oh, spoilers but...I mean, look at the title. But after thinking about it I realized there's a few things in that Incrediverse that I haven't...
  17. Sabermane

Baseball Boardgames...and also maybe a little Bloodbowl

So we're getting into the big games of baseball, and since my teams are currently in it, I'm thinking of the diamond game. Also, I always have a voice in my head going "how would you do a fantasy version of baseball?" So I guess my first question is--are there any board games for baseball that...
  18. Sabermane

🎨 Creative [Riff] Lords of Time and Relative Dimensions: Godbound x Dr. Who

They were known on every world, in every history, in every language, as the Oroborus--the Lords of Time and Space. They were the first (and thereby only) race to develop time travel, and as a result they had always existed--from the first white-hot moments of reality to long and black endtimes...
  19. Sabermane

Book Autopsy: The Last Sun

I grabbed this on the way out the library getting books for the kids. I figured you could all learn from my experience. The Last Sun by K.D. Edwards was a book I read. I admit, I picked it up twice--the first time, I read half a chapter and put it down. This is Edward's first novel, and it...
  20. Sabermane

Economics and the end of Black Panther

So...I finally caught Black Panther. Um, there will be spoilers. In case you didn't see the title. Anyway, caught Black Panther. Great film. Lot of fun. And then...they end it with Wakanda deciding to open up a smidge with their tech and knowledge. And I start to go...woah. That's going to...
Top Bottom