• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. S

How does D&D 5e handle crafting?

That's a shame, really! Maybe I should take another look at Neverwinter Nights 2 and see if it could be possible to reverse engineer what they were doing there. I think it was fairly simple while still allowing for quite a bit of customization.
  2. S

Would D&D 5e work well for a West Marches styled game?

I've long been interested in running a West Marches/open table type game but haven't been able to decide on a system. When reading up on the subject I often see various OSR systems mentioned. Yet the original West Marches game was apparently run on D&D 3.5. Since D&D 5e seems to have been...
  3. S

I remember that in Neverwinter Nights 2 you had a fairly robust crafting system. You could build all kinds of weapons and enchant them with various properties. And if I recall the enchanting required components that could be dropped by different types of monsters (or bought at certain stores)...
  4. S

Thanks for the reply! Are there any skills or abilities that can affect those build times?
  5. S

My players often enjoy building their own equipment. It could be something as simple as crafting their own armour or smithing a sword, or as advanced as creating some kind of unique piece of gear for a specific purpose. Or even just slapping together something temporary to handle some situation...
  6. S

Crusader Kings 2 II: Title Revoked

Been there, done that. That's why I keep backup saves... Ain't no way my 160+ PCS Emperor is dying to some -20 PCS chump!
  7. S

[GURPS] Looking for some help from GURP experts

Low-Tech Companion 3? Meaning there are two other companion volumes? Oh jeez, man... I'm getting worried over here!
  8. S

How does crafting work in GURPS? It's something my players and I have always liked: creating your own gear. Even if it's just building your own sword or your own breastplate. I think almost every game I've run has had at least one character skilled at some form of crafting. My players tend to...
  9. S

Games We've Beaten 2019

Yeah, I agree that your character choices felt more important in The Council than in Telltale's games. And also that the narrative choices felt that they had a bit more weight. The outcomes do seem to be fairly heavily affected by your choices. I liked the chapter summaries where they point out...
  10. S

So whatcha playing? - A Thread For Chit-Chatting About Whatever Game(s) We're Playing At The Moment

I played Wandersong for a bit yesterday. I've got a bit of a tin ear (and I hate music puzzles in games) but this game is just... adorable. In fact I think this is a clear example of a Feel Good Game. The Bard's optimism and cheerfulness is contagious. I too wish I could sing and dance my way...
  11. S

Games We've Beaten 2019

Finished up Katana ZERO. Great game. I love the aesthetics, the style, the animation, the music and the gameplay. The game was a bit shorter than I expected and I didn't expect that ending. Let's just say I hope it sells well. It clearly shares its DNA with Hotline Miami but I think it took...
  12. S

Sounds good! I'm thinking of really simple (but important) stuff like collecting all the skills I want to include or all the playable races (race templates?) and professions/classes/archetypes (templates again?), advantages/disadvantages, etc. Because I'm guessing that that kind of stuff will...
  13. S

I understand that one of GURPS' main features is its modularity. That it allows you to include and discard various bits and pieces from its vast library to basically build your own game. However, is there any sort of official (or fan-made) tool available to help that? Or would it boil down to...
  14. S

Thanks for all the replies! To be completely honest my idea to run GURPS one day is one aimed very much at a distant and not-very-well defined point in the future. Strictly speaking I actually have a game of D&D 5e queued up in my GM:ing pipeline before I should even start thinking about this...
  15. S

Thanks for the tips. I actually have Horror because I saw it recommended so much as a generally and basically system-agnostic GM resource. Is Mysteries the same deal, then? That it's just a generally good book on the topic of mysteries and how to use them in games? Thanks for the reply! And...
  16. S

I've long been interested in GURPS. It seems incredibly flexible and can be adjusted to work for all kinds of ideas. And even its complexity can be tuned from highly detailed/granular to almost rules-lite. And I'm making this thread because I think GURPS could be the system in which I could run...
  17. S

Has anybody else been noticing some strange stuff with genetic traits? I've had a weird trend where parents with a positive genetic trait seem to more often get children with the equivalent negative genetic trait than parents that had no trait. For instance, Quick mothers have been giving birth...
  18. S

For some reason I didn't get an ambition bloodline before I instead got a Warrior Lodge Legend bloodline. Some kind of brain fart. So I have one bloodline of my own, plus my current ruler has two other bloodlines as well (Carolingian Blood and either Ashina Blood or Blood of Attila, I can't...
  19. S

I think I'm going to drop my idea of consolidating Britanny as my personal kingdom. Primarily because I have already built a Royal Palace in Middlesex, to which I plan to move my capital. Also, Britanny's total amount of holdings is really poor. Instead I think I will go for claiming two duchies...
  20. S

So whatcha playing? - A Thread For Chit-Chatting About Whatever Game(s) We're Playing At The Moment

I've been playing a bit of Yakuza: Zero lately and I think I like it. It's, unsurprisingly, very japanese. Very melodramatic with a lot of screaming challenges and making emotional statements. But I also appreciate that the story feels fairly grounded and that the characters are quite...
Top Bottom