• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. J

Scaffold check Party controls single giant Jaeger

Seems unnecessarily complicated. (And wasn't super easy to read either) When I had players in a jaeger (I'll admit, it was a Megazord and not a jaeger) they all had individual actions and attacks as usual. The feet could walk and then kick, the sword hand could swipe or grab, the shield hand...
  2. J

Collectivizing Ownership of Hit Points

Could be fun. I would worry about some of the effects of this though. The people who are reckless will have no incentives not to hurt themselves when they have a massive pool of health, so they would likely do a lot of dangerous/stupid stuff. There are also no incentives to protect the more...
  3. J

Need a cool name for my WIP

The word "Endure" packs a lot of meaning. Pair it with a Cover-page like this and I think it will get all your themes across.
  4. J

Grenades and How To Handle Them

I might change the purpose of grenades from "Damage" to "Control." Have it so when you throw a grenade, it doesn't activate until the start of your next turn. This gives the enemies a chance to purposefully move out of the way on their next turn. Grenades would automatically hit, but would be...
  5. J

🎨 Creative I'm building a system... For Anime Fantasy combat!

Its hard to say without being able to read the full 2-pages. A link would be appreciated, as 2 sentences isn't much to go off of. I'm also curious to what those 2 pages of some of these concepts would be; if you filled them with mechanical abilities or just fluffy lore. When you said Anime i...
  6. J

Toon physics mechanics.

First off, lovely idea. I could see this being really fun. I might suggest it costing one die per rule being broken. An anvil is too large and heavy to fit into a pocket, so that's one rule and costs one die. Running over a Chasm breaks two rules, as there is no ground to run on, and you are...
  7. J

Lands of Plenty QS

In profile means a side view. It lets you see what the walls of the town/city look like (if any), how tall the buildings get, what the roofs are shaped like, the basic architecture of both the buildings and the town itself, etc. I cant post any of the drawings i've made for my stuff since...
  8. J

MechaWar Bots (again)

I'll give e'r a go. I'm scalping for ideas for robots for a Cyberpunk game I'm making right now, so two birds with one stone aye. I'll give you my thoughts as I go through the doc. ------------------- Right off the bat I'm not a fan of the google doc's format, which drags everything to the...
  9. J

Free Printable Adventure on DriveThruRPG (Westbound Quickstart)

Krillo’s Tomb is a ready to play adventure that contains printable handouts, maps, and miniatures. It contains four simplified character sheets for four players, making it perfect as an introductory game, a one-shot adventure, or a supplement to an ongoing campaign. Its as easy as Print, Cut...
  10. J

Lands of Plenty QS

That's awesome, you might want to also consider getting some drawings of the city in profile. I've had one of my artists make about three so far, and they really add personality to the city. If you get simple, uncolored drawings, you can get a lot for little cost. I'll go through the basic to...
  11. J

[5e] Free Printable Adventure on Drivethrurpg

Krillo’s Tomb is a ready to play adventure that contains printable handouts, maps, and miniatures. It contains four simplified character sheets for four players, making it perfect as an introductory game, a one-shot adventure, or a supplement to an ongoing campaign. Its as easy as Print, Cut...
  12. J

[5e] Printable Adventure: Krillo's Tomb

We did some updates based on some feedback! Try the new more better version.
  13. J

Choosing a Copy Editor

I used mostly friends and family to help copy-edit my book, so I can't give too much advice on hiring. However, I will warn you that you have someone who is familiar with Roleplaying Games. One of my editors would constantly try to make changes to make the wording of specific rules read better...
  14. J

[5e] Printable Adventure: Krillo's Tomb

Hey there, I made a printable adventure, including miniatures, maps, and puzzles/codebreaking, but I want to get some more eyes on it before I put it on Drivethru. Its 34 pages, including the maps, handouts, and character cut-outs. I'll put below some parts i'm particularly uncertain about and...
  15. J

[5e] Free Gunslinger Classes on Drivethrurpg

Ready to send your fantasy campaign out west? Saddle up and get shootin’ with the Gunslinger Supplement. This module contains four western classes for your next character, including: the heroic Cowboy, dastardly Outlaw, tenacious Marshal, and the mysterious Spell Slinger. More than just for...
  16. J

DriveThruRPG {5e} Free Alchemy craft on DrivethruRPG from Island Of Bees

Become an Alchemist! Learn to take ingredients found while adventuring and transform them into bottled magic! Alchemists create wondrous potions from Keystones and Consumables. Keystones are rare and exotic ingredients, such as Basilisk eyes and Dragon's Lungs. When adventuring, pay attention...
  17. J

DriveThruRPG [5e] Free Minstrels PDF from Island of Bees

Become a Minstrel! Island of Bees has released a free PDF for becoming a Minstrel! Minstrels are musicians who play magic songs which allow them to communicate to the souls within all living things. They are able to establish connections, and even curry favor with these spirits. This module...
  18. J

Giving A Character An Accent

I couldn't tell you a Welsh accent from an East London accent, and I certainly can't tell the difference between any native nation. My accent was heavily lifted from Keegan Michael Key and his native stereotype accent. I actually used his line "Great Eagle in the Sky Came to me in a Dream!" as...
  19. J

Giving A Character An Accent

I think its all in intention. If you are playing a stereotypical voice for laughs, then yes all its going to get is laughs and it might be/get offensive. The first time you pull out a voice you are sure to get laughs, but that's because your playing a character who is not you, and that's funny...
  20. J

Resolution in a system with no skill levels

I would hope that not all GMs will power up a goblin to make the fight interesting, and instead would add more goblins. Even then, a fireball would knock them all out. I wouldn't want to play with that kind of GM, but I understand the sentiment, that GMs tend to create encounters to challenge...
Top Bottom