• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Blizzardborn

[Movies] The 2019 Box Office Report

This isn't a one-off. It's merely yet another year where Disney dominates the box office. Any one of their divisions can give another studio a run for their money. Together, it's more like Voltron against a MS Leo.
  2. Blizzardborn

[MCU] Rumor Thread: It was the dawning of the 4th Phase [Contains Endgame Spoilers]

Fantastic Four has been confirmed, but no details or date yet. Given what Far From Home is pulling in on top of Endgame's box plus Carol's take home, dump truck of money is a trivial expense recorded under petty cash right now.
  3. Blizzardborn

Biggest Supposed Discontinuities in Sci-Fi Franchises (no defenses!)

Yup, and you can add Erin to the 'thinking about' list.
  4. Blizzardborn

Non-Generic Games you Re-purpose Frequently

For M&M in a non-supers, I tend to use True20. I'd really like it if that could get an update. More on the OP's question, a friend and I used Alternity for everything from late medieval to cyberpunk, and he brags of having used it for a caveman game.
  5. Blizzardborn

🎨 Creative Fixed DC 20 Skill system?

Welcome to the joys of modern game design. Where trying to make it all make sense just makes the wine merchant rich. If you're already using AnyDice, you should be able to figure out how far you need to drop the DC so the two systems are weighted about the same. From what you say, try about DC18.
  6. Blizzardborn

Disney all-in on Star Wars a mistake?

Note that I said relatively. But yes, there is a vocal section of the fan base that just wants all the women to be dressed as Slave Girl Leia. I have a hard time not punching them some days.
  7. Blizzardborn

Biggest Supposed Discontinuities in Sci-Fi Franchises (no defenses!)

Also, there's a certain level of "I'm completely fed up with this nonsense" in Vader's manner.
  8. Blizzardborn

Belated Realisations part 2: I Can't Believe It Took Me A Second Thread!

It's not a joke, just specifying the territories. The Prince of Wales is the ruler of Wales, the French Dauphin ruled the Dauphine (and as a more absolute monarch than they got to be when promoted to le Roi).
  9. Blizzardborn

🎨 Creative Fixed DC 20 Skill system?

No, it's not, Since about a third of the modifiers apply to the DC, not the roll. I think Gridlock's system looks OK, since you can move the default DC up or down to determine the campaign feel--something more like an Errol Flynn action-adventure movie might be, say, a DC 15 game.
  10. Blizzardborn

Today's Girl Genius: Release the Smakken!

I figure learning about this stuff will be why Agatha goes to the Citadel after Skiffander.
  11. Blizzardborn

[Ducktales] Ducktales Omniduck Thread

Allegedly, they wanted to do it with the characters from the movie, and Zsazsa died before they could start.
  12. Blizzardborn

Oh. Well, it's just a bad joke, punning on Crown vs Clown. Also, there were a lot more royals flouncing about back then.
  13. Blizzardborn

My guess on that front would be that Barry learned something about Lu relocating Klaus, and maybe guessed they were working together. Or maybe that he was still tagging after her like a puppy-dog (it seems a lot of other Sparks did so).
  14. Blizzardborn

Also, he tends to run a subsection of the kingdom with near complete autonomy. Prince of Wales, the Dauphine, etc.
  15. Blizzardborn

[Comics: Empowered] Starting a General Discussion

Capitan Rivet isn't exactly noted for brains. Syndablokk has him beat easily. I think short straw is the right call.
  16. Blizzardborn

Disney all-in on Star Wars a mistake?

As I understand it, she gets kind of a pass because she's hot and wears relatively skimpy clothing.
  17. Blizzardborn

Knowing his pregnant wife was missing on top of his son being dead would help explain why Bill went to pieces and left it to Barry to clean up after the Castle was attacked.
  18. Blizzardborn

[Spider Man Media] Why does J. Jonah Jameson hate Spider-Man?

Yeah, the final throw down between Pete and Norman is Thanksgiving weekend.
  19. Blizzardborn

Given the way contracts were used back then to take advantage of people's need to appear patriotic during a war, his contract was likely for a dollar. Flat fee, nothing on-going, no residuals, done deal.
  20. Blizzardborn

If you jut mean the part about Barry coming back, that would've been after he raided the Citadel of Silver Light to rescue the infant Agatha.
Top Bottom