• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Liberator

The Terror- related content on the Northwest Passage?

I just finished watching the AMC show 'The Terror' on Netflix (discs, not streaming). I really liked it. And reading the wiki article on it...it's a horror anthology show! Which is cool! But I digress... Can anyone recommend books on the polar expeditions to find the Northwest Passage?
  2. Liberator

One Punch Man- Netflix vs. Manga?

Hi. I just finished One Punch Man on Netflix and loved every minute of it. If I was to start in on the manga, should I just start at the beginning? Are the two similar or is the Netflix season one of those 'based on' ideas that compile a bunch of stuff that isn't necessarily sequentially...
  3. Liberator

Cool Hand Luke

This might be a perfect movie. If you haven’t seen it, you need to see it. It’s maybe my favorite movie. It’s streaming on Netflix now.
  4. Liberator

Star Wars- with a live orchestra

Yesterday I took the family to the Minnesota Orchestra performance of Star Wars. This is one of those deals where they show the movie, and the orchestra plays the score. I probably don't need to tell you that it was UNBELIEVABLY AMAZINGLY AWESOME but....IT WAS AMAZINGLY AWESOME AWESOME...
  5. Liberator

🔐 Closed ok, now I'm confused about the infractions process

Bear with me on this. I got an infraction, so I went to the section about how to appeal an infraction...appealed...and.....crickets? So, I'm confused. Did my appeal not go through, did it go through and get denied, is there a period of time I should expect to wait to hear a reply...will there...
  6. Liberator

Question about my warning

So I got a warning in this thread about posting pirated material. https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?posts/22253567/ I do not believe this is pirated material. There is a lot of new content there as well as the original material. This site has been active for a very long time and never had any...
  7. Liberator

Sturgil Simpson

I started listening to Sturgil a few months ago. I just love his voice and music. Plus, every time I listen to him I think that my Dad (who passed away years ago but loved country music) would really love him. And thinking about listening to Sturgil with my Dad makes me a little sad, and a...
  8. Liberator

Westerns...is there an app for that?

Hi. I've got an itch to binge watch a bunch of spaghetti westerns. Is there a streaming app or site that has them? I know of things like 'Shudder' which has horror films on it..and I'm assuming in this golden age of internet tv and movie stuff...that there must be one for the Western genre?
  9. Liberator

Speed Racer-don’t sleep on this movie

It’s streaming on Netflix now. I think this is a terribly underrated movie. Give it a chance.
  10. Liberator

Tomb of Annihilation music playlist- help me make one!

I'm staring the new Tomb next week and am looking for some inspirational music for it. My first thought was the soundtrack to 'The Mission'. My second thought was...ask the folks on the big purple who are more hip than I am about music! Looking for recommendations..background music and such.
  11. Liberator

American Literature course curriculum question

Hi. One of the school districts in Minnesota announced they are removing 'Huckleberry Finn' and 'To kill a Mockingbird' from their mandatory course curriculum. The books will still be available in the school library, but not a mandatory item to read. The rationale for this of course is racial...
  12. Liberator

(all editions) Poison...and the effects of them?

I tend to steer a wide path around poison use in my games, by PC's as well as NPC's and monsters. I feel like it tends to get abused as an 'easy button' method of defeating foes at times. Plus, it makes my eyes bug when a PC says- oh, I cut the poison bladder out of the beastie and we go sell...
  13. Liberator

Do you like Prince? Do you like guitar solos?

If you like those two things...I suggest you get the newly released Paisley Park remaster of Purple Rain. The 11 minute remix of Computer Blue is a thing of beauty. It includes a bunch of other stuff that wasn't on the Purple Rain album like Erotic City and 17 Days remastered. It made me...
  14. Liberator

Elton John,- Tiny Dancer

I didn't see anything here about this. It's a video for Tiny Dancer, I believe just released. It's simple, ordinary, and beautiful. And yes, it may make you a little misty eyed at times. I've watched it three times today. I guess it's what I needed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYcyacLRPNs
  15. Liberator

(Baseball Ray) 2017 Baseball thread

And so the season begins in the lush indoors of Tropicana field.... Annie Savoy: What do you believe in, then? Crash Davis: Well, I believe in the soul, the cock, the pussy, the small of a woman's back, the hanging curve ball, high fiber, good scotch, that the novels of Susan Sontag are...
  16. Liberator

Teach an old guy- What is 'Twitch'?

Is it really just a way to watch other people play videogames in real time? Or is there more to it? I have a 10 year old who is obsessed with watching walk-throughs on YoutTube and he hasn't come across Twitch yet...but he will...and I'd like to know what the heck I'm getting into. Thanks in...
  17. Liberator

Wishes- how much do you jerk players around?

I recently did something very dangerous in my 1E Greyhawk campaign- I let a bunch of low level players have access to an artifact that granted one wish to whomever used it. Wishes are dangerous things to campaigns. They can end them quickly if not handled well. The challenge for many DM's is...
  18. Liberator

Beyond the Supernatural resources?

An suggestions on othe Palladium books that would dovetail nicely with BtS? Vampire Kingdoms? Looking to do a kind of Kolchak/X-Files game and I need foul beasties and things that go bump in the night.
  19. Liberator

1st Edition AD&D- What was the highest level you ever had a character reach?

Starting from first level, what was the highest level you ever got a character to? I never seem to get above 5th level myself- mostly because my characters always died in very heroic or stupid ways at first level (but I love that...so it's all good!).
  20. Liberator

PDF Previews- is there a better way?

I was just looking at the preview for Exalted 3E over on drivethru. 13 pages. 12 pages of fiction and one page of the table of contents. This makes me insane. If I'm spending more than $9 on a PDF, I would like to see more of the PDF before purchasing. I realize there is probably a...
Top Bottom