• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. S

Belated Realisations part 2: I Can't Believe It Took Me A Second Thread!

One of the cooler things George Lucas did was sell the rights to do a radio adaptation of Star Wars to his local PBS station for a dollar.
  2. S

A Work that changes your opinion of an Author's work (Spoilers beware)

I like the Shannara series, but yeah, I have to imagine money is part of the motivation. Though the current round of books is meant to be the last, more or less. And I figure the redoing the basement issue is also why RA Salvatore keeps doing Drizzt, so I cut him a little slack on those, even if...
  3. S

"No one can be told what the Matrix is" - "complicated" media that isn't

I get why it's fun to have them happen in a really weird order, but it would've been kinda nice if they'd just done a simple back to front thing where if you want River's viewpoint you could just watch her appearances in reverse broadcast order.
  4. S

"No one can be told what the Matrix is" - "complicated" media that isn't

I think trying to explain aspects of Doctor Who continuity can be complicated, because there's a lot of stories that have been told and nobody is really sure which ones count, but the basic premise is pretty straightforward, yeah.
  5. S

💀 Necro [Far West] Skarka Abandons Previous System for WEG D6

That was definitely a reason it fell apart, but given that Palladium still has stuff available in their store for preorder that's probably never going to exist (not Robotech stuff but things like Mechanoids Space), I'm not sure if Palladium would've admitted it to be a failure if they could've...
  6. S

Shelf Space vs. Pretty Box Sets?

I don't know how well this would work, since it sounds like you may already be pressed for space in general, but one option would be to put the book contents of the box on the shelf and then display the box somewhere as an art object. There's also the fairly simple and pragmatic option of...
  7. S

💀 Necro [Far West] Skarka Abandons Previous System for WEG D6

And the Palladium project is one of those rare cases where they had no choice because it was a lost license situation.
  8. S

An Open Letter to Implore You to Play Old Games

Yeah, a lot of stuff is already covered by the OGL from the 3e days. The settings would definitely be the more interesting thing, though you'd probably run into issues of different aspects becoming public domain at different times due to being published at different times.
  9. S

ENnies 2019 Nominations

If nothing else, this is a reminder that I really need to read my copy of Night's Black Agents, because the adventure for that which got nominated sounds cool.
  10. S

Biggest Supposed Discontinuities in Sci-Fi Franchises (no defenses!)

The reboot series has MacGyver's organization turned into the Phoenix Foundation in the first episode because their old cover got blown, which is something you could say happened to original MacGyver. Most of the rest of that is pretty wild, though.
  11. S

I believe they've introduced an alternate rule giving everyone the same number of combat actions, which could be a good way of helping make point buy work.
  12. S

Also, given that the current edition of D&D is definitely trying to harken back to why people loved D&D in all editions, it's a little silly to say it's devoid of earnest charm. Is it as goofy as older editions of D&D? Well, there's sure not an equivalent of the 1E illustration of the character...
  13. S

What Games Should Ditch Their House Systems

Cortex or Fate could be good options for that. I'm not sure if there's an obvious good choice for a more traditional system, though.
  14. S

Steve would also be eligible for a fair bit of back pay: https://www.tor.com/2016/05/12/army-confirms-that-captain-america-would-be-eligible-for-66-years-worth-of-back-pay/
  15. S

(Which system) Stumped about what to suggest?

I think something in the BRP family would be good. Depending on what level of crunch he's looking for, Mythras would be pretty good.
  16. S

[Ghostbusters] Who Are They Going to Call...?

They could incorporate the bit about the Victorian girl ghost from his latest Netflix special into his character's backstory. ...or, if you wanted to be truly silly, make him literally just John Mulaney As Himself fighting ghosts.
  17. S

[Ghostbusters] Who Are They Going to Call...?

I live in the Boston area where they did a fair bit of filming for the reboot, and I found myself disappointed that they were having Boston play NYC instead of just setting it in Boston. It would've been fun to have the reboot done as more of a spin-off in universe, to provide the opportunity to...
  18. S

I'm assuming it's a pun on The Fifth Element.
  19. S

WIR Robotech The Roleplaying Game

I'd assume middle means somewhere in the middle for cases of more than three kids.
Top Bottom