• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Sage Genesis

[MHR / Vampire] "Superheroes with fangs"

So you know that classic description of how a Vampire the Masquerade/Requiem goes off the rails and turns into "superheroes with fangs"? Well, I'm gonna do that. For realzies. With Marvel Heroic Roleplaying as the system. As a bit of background, I've run a WoD game that lasted for over a...
  2. Sage Genesis

[Warbirds] Help me set up a one-shot

Hi all! I might do a one-shot of Warbirds tomorrow, for three or four players. Nobody's ever played the game before, me included. Any help would be appreciated. Pitfalls to avoid? Cool aspects of the system/setting to highlight? A neat idea for a mission? Everything's welcome! :)
  3. Sage Genesis

[The One Ring] More Adversaries?

Hi all. I'm planning a TOR game and so far have only the core set. I'm interested in expanding it by maybe one supplement, and I'm wondering which one adds the most new adversaries? I'm not looking for adventures or new cultures, really just the adversaries. Of course I do realize that there...
  4. Sage Genesis

Disappearing poster

I could've sworn I posted in a thread by a new forum member just an hour or so ago. I want to say... Jennifer something? But now for the life of me I can't find the thread and I don't see her name on the infraction forum. I think she also posted in Tangency but I can't find those anymore either...
  5. Sage Genesis

IC D&D 5e - Big Trouble in Little Dungeon

The kingdom of Icosa is a flourishing and mostly peaceful place. Of all the Tiny Bickering Fiefdoms, it is one of the least tiny and does only a moderate amount of bickering. You find yourself today in a small community called Sanctuary. It's a small bundle of homes and shops clustered around a...
  6. Sage Genesis

OOC D&D 5e - Big Trouble in Little Dungeon

This is our OOC thread. Link to the world map Alice Sara made a useful overview of the characters, which is copy-pasted here. I am a from the by training a who in the past and now seeks Kirana Shurga Gigant Mammoth Tribes Gigant Hero/Entertainer served as a mercenary in border...
  7. Sage Genesis

[Recruitment] D&D 5e - Big Trouble in Little Dungeon

Inspired by this thread, Alice and I decided to start up a 5e pbp game here. I will run and Alice, of course, will play a giant. The overall style will be somewhat like a JRPG/fantasy anime thing. Expect lots of impossible hair colors. We’re looking for other players to join us, enough to form...
  8. Sage Genesis

[MHR] Going to run Marvel Heroic Roleplaying soon. Any tips or tricks?

Pretty much like it says in the title. I'm going to run MHR for three players. They're all new to the game. I have some minor exposure but have never run it. Any advise from the veterans? Like, "make sure you understand how X works" or "never ever do Y" or "always do Z if you can" or anything...
  9. Sage Genesis

[Where I Watch] Gods of Egypt

Last movie I did was Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. You know the drill by now. I watch scenes and post what I thought about them, so you can all have a good chuckle at my expense. And away we go!
  10. Sage Genesis

💀 Necro [Where I Watch] Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Hello hello! It's been a while since I've done a WIW of a movie. So let's do some superheroes. Note that I'll be watching the Ultimate Edition. It's supposed to have some extra footage over the theatrical release, although I haven't seen that either so I won't be able to comment on that. This...
  11. Sage Genesis

[5e+] Code Red Monsters

A lot of digital ink has been spilled on the monster design of 5e, particularly how some monsters have certain special abilities which make them more powerful than a simple glance at Challenge Rating would suggest. Rather than rehash all those arguments here I'd much rather do something...
  12. Sage Genesis

[Where I Read] Atlas Shrugged

I have recently begun reading this novel and never before been so angry at a book. So decided to take you all on a journey as I struggle with a book-shaped demon. I have barely scratched the surface of the story and I already, truly hate this book. Not in the internet-hate kind of way, where...
  13. Sage Genesis

[Shadowrun] Help me get started

Very soon I'll start up a new game, almost certainly Shadowrun. I've never played a session of that before, nor have any of my players. I do know a thing or two about the setting; I know what a Johnson is, I know I would've voted for Dunkelzahn if I could've, I know I'm going to just say no to...
  14. Sage Genesis

[Recruitment] StarCraft / Fate Accelerated Edition

Hi all, This is recruitment for a StarCraft-themed Fate Accelerated Edition game. We’ll go over the details in a moment but first thing’s first: if you’re not familiar with FAE, you can get it legally here: http://www.evilhat.com/home/fate-core-downloads/ It’s pay-what-you-want, meaning it’s...
  15. Sage Genesis

Measurements, Words, and Abstraction

In a different thread, the following was said about 5e D&D: That got me thinking. I don't think of the measurements in D&D books as being in-character values. Maybe it's because I'm used to the metric system and imperial measurements don't come natural to me, but for the longest time I...
  16. Sage Genesis

[Where I Watch] The Bastard Executioner

A friend of mine warned me. He said this show is bad. So very, very bad. At the time I chuckled and said ok, thinking nothing of it. But then it hit me. Say don't I have this weird thing where I intentionally watch bad movies and write about them? Why yes. Yes I do. So why not a tv show? After...
  17. Sage Genesis

[Where I Watch] I, Frankenstein

Last time we did Scorpion King 2. I think I've had enough faux antiquity for a while, time for something a bit more modern. With Frankenstein's monster cast as some sort of action hero I guess? Like most of these movies, this is a totally blind WIW. Meaning that I haven't seen it before, haven't...
  18. Sage Genesis

[IC] DB Wushu - When You Wish Upon a Star...

((OOC: We'll start things easy, give ourselves some time to get used to the system and our characters.)) The morning sun slowly creeps over the horizon, bathing the majestic mountains of the Camera Realm with a ruddy golden light. In the distance, prehistoric monsters roar as if to greet it...
  19. Sage Genesis

[OOC] DB Wushu - When You Wish Upon a Star...

Here we go, the OOC thread. It all started in this thread. Since I've got the "Forever GM" curse I'll be Director for this game of Wushu. Dice limit is (usually) 6 and given the nature of the online medium we can't really have a quick back and forth with details. Just make one single post with...
  20. Sage Genesis

[Where I Watch] The Scorpion King 2: Rise of a Warrior

Last time we watched Scorpion King 3 and I was told that this one contains Predator-Scorpions. Naturally this immediately bumped this movie up to the top of the list. Read along as I watch a crappy movie and give up on life, self respect, and sobriety.
Top Bottom