• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Gentleman Highwayman

Dear Games Workshop,

I see you have been on quite a skirmish game tear in the last couple of years: Warhammer Underworlds, Shadow War Armageddon, Necromunda, Kill Team and now War Cry. For full disclosure I have bought all the 40K set games. I make no attempt to hide my preference in that. But I did notice a...
  2. Gentleman Highwayman

Playing as Sidekicks?

I heard about the Sidekicks in the Essentials box and then tracked down the UA article it came from. Do you think it might be good to introduce new gamers to D&D by letting them play using the Sidekick rules for characters until they fully grok the full rules?
  3. Gentleman Highwayman

[Shadowrun Anarchy] I wish to register a complaint...

I've decided to switch things up for my kids and run a session of Shadowrun Anarchy. While looking at the pregens, I'm not seeing a lot of great characters to give in young newbs. Mainly in that they mostly want to play more D&D-ish characters and while I applaud the diversity1 of the pregens...
  4. Gentleman Highwayman

Tips for running Gamma World for Kids?

I started my sone and friends playing D&D--B/X to be exact. It proved a bit too much for them. I jumped around from The Black Hack and have been using ICRPG for the last month and change. None of them is interested in tradition (read: Tolkien) fantasy and love mixing genres in their own...
  5. Gentleman Highwayman

Necromunda vs Kill Team?

This is kind of a sell me thread... Background: I've been play 40K since it came out. I really liked the role=playing aspects that each model could have its own thing going on. By the time second edition came out 40K was all about army lists and uniform troops. Then GW introduced Necromunda, a...
  6. Gentleman Highwayman

[Minis+] The no numbers edition.

I'm back to thinking of game that straddles the line between miniatures and role-playing game. And while I haven't really come to terms with a bunch of details of where I was heading, I got a new idea after reading about the RPG The Spire. I have a love/hate relationship with character sheets...
  7. Gentleman Highwayman

[Warhammer Quest] Blackstone Fortress

The new Warhammer Quest game heads to 40K, here's what we have so far... ___ Dark Adventure in the 41st Millennium Get ready to explore the world of Warhammer 40,000 as never seen before. https://youtu.be/07bouWnhUL4 For years, you’ve clashed across the most war-torn battlefields of the 41st...
  8. Gentleman Highwayman

Spell Point system for OSR...

Back in the day my group experimented with spell points in AD&D. We just added up all the spell slot multiplied by the spell level and... It created the usual D&D problem of sucking at low levels and being too powerful at high levels. Has anyone seen or thought of a spell point system of...
  9. Gentleman Highwayman

Against the Darkmaster...

So some crazy people have gone and made a game based on the most accessible version of Role Master--MERP. You can find lots of interesting stuff HERE. MERP wasn't just the basic version of RM, but I'm sure a paternity test would show as the real father of D&D 3rd Edition. ^_~ Against the...
  10. Gentleman Highwayman

B/X Titansgrave...

I'm going to run D&D B/X for my son and friends. The rules are dead simple and most of the stuff is minor window dressing. One of his friends asked if he could play an elf with a shotgun--and being the bad adult that I am snapped back that that would be Shadowrun. I quickly came to terms with...
  11. Gentleman Highwayman

Can you use Cybergeneration v2 to play Cyberpunk?

I understand the second edition of Cybergeneration has complete rules and allows you to make Edgerunners. Can you actually play Cyberpunk 20X0 with those rules?
  12. Gentleman Highwayman

Mike Pondsmith's Shadowrun...

I played Cyberpunk (the RPG) before moving on to Shadowrun. There was a lot I didn't like about Cyberpunk and lots more I liked about Shadowrun. But the one thing I think Mike got right about Cyberpunk was the look and feel. The art in the first two versions is a mix between fashion illustration...
  13. Gentleman Highwayman

[Kill Team/40K] Megathread 1: Good Doggo Aximillion vs the Forces of Eww

Kill Team: The Game You’ve Been Waiting For https://youtu.be/WHez2oGL8dU "The new Kill Team takes the stuff we know you love – deep squad customisation, narrative progression and development, low model counts – and marries it to cutting-edge rules design, bringing in the team behind Warhammer...
  14. Gentleman Highwayman

Weird observation between Star Wars d6 and classic Shadowrun...

I was making a list of all the classic (first to third edition) Shadowrun skills and how how they were grouped: Combat, Physical, etc... then my attention was drawn to a Star Wars 1e character sheet and realized the groupings are eerily similar. The combat group, the physical group, the stuff...
  15. Gentleman Highwayman

[Shadowrun Anarchy] Chicago Chaos...

So, there is an SRA book in the works and it’s called Chicago Chaos. Seems to be a setting plus adventures book. What else do we know? Also, why was Chicago used instead of the default Seattle. Seems a bit weird since SR is intrinsically linked to SR and that’s where I’d have starting the TL;DR...
  16. Gentleman Highwayman

A question about 2d20...

Last weekend my wife, friend and I made some characters for Infinity. I helped my wife as she and my friend made their character the old fashion way, they rolled them. After that I rolled my character and even hazarded a career to strengthen the character's most apparent them. Later my friend...
  17. Gentleman Highwayman

eBay Eldar Corsair bits, BMG Ras Al Ghul, Oldhammer Kaleb Daark

Have a few things up on eBay. A bit rusty at this so... Forgeworld - Eldar Corsair Backpacks with Wings & Helmets (4) Knight Models - Ra's Al Ghul and The League of Shadows (BMG) Oldhammer: Kaleb Daark (on foot) Thanks.
  18. Gentleman Highwayman

Is there an easier way to make Infinity characters?

Been reading the PDFs and just picked up the dead tree version of Players' Guide. Is there an easier way of building a character than the two given? I'm usually up for life paths, but thoroughly hate random character generation and think picking on a bunch of tables is more than a lot of my...
  19. Gentleman Highwayman

Where can I find Sombra Console?

While sorting through some paper I found a print out of Eric Provost's Shadowrun hack called Sombra Console. I have no idea how many computers ago I had the PDF and Geocities is no more. Also seems I don't have spells or the character sheet. Help me RPGnet, you're my only hope!
  20. Gentleman Highwayman

Scale creep...or minis for the same game with noticeablydifferent sizes.

First off, this is not a whinefest! So you have a bunch of minis, maybe you've been collecting for a couple of decades ()40K, maybe a company decided to switch scales (Infinity) or maybe they never had consistent scaling to begin with (Batman). The problem is that your mild OCD can't tolerate...
Top Bottom