• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Destriarch

[Patreon] Vagabond Star - an early-release science fiction RPG in the traditions of Elite and Traveller

I'm currently experimenting with the possibilities of Patreon and am using it to release a PDF RPG on an episodic format. It's early days yet but I've made a start with the (very) basic dice and character generation systems and I'm eager for any feedback (and potential patronage, of course!)...
  2. Destriarch

[Patreon] Vagabond Star - an early-release science fiction RPG in the traditions of Elite and Traveller

I'm currently experimenting with the possibilities of Patreon and am using it to release a PDF RPG on an episodic format. It's early days yet but I've made a start with the (very) basic dice and character generation systems and I'm eager for any feedback (and potential patronage, of course!)...
  3. Destriarch

[Rite Publishing] Layout Artist for Pathways ezine

That must be one heck of a medical condition. I hope he gets better soon!
  4. Destriarch

Seeking a sci-fi artist for a (hopefully!) small job

I'm flexible on style to a degree, so long as it's not too cartoony.
  5. Destriarch

Apologies I think I may have misunderstood you. When you said that you had pre-existing layout, I assumed that you meant these were templates with certain common trade dress (i.e. font styles, page borders and the like) already set up for convenience. These would naturally need to be opened...
  6. Destriarch

Couple of quick questions: 1) Do you need the original layout files as well as the PDF? 2) What format (and version number) are your existing layout styles? 3) Are there stat blocks involved? Laying out stat blocks can be a pain.
  7. Destriarch

Freelance illustrator/ concept artist looking for work!

Lovely stuff! Sadly art is way too much of a luxury for me at the moment, but I hope you do well! -Ash
  8. Destriarch

Looking for 3D modeler for custom plastic miniature, scaled for 25mm base.

What kind of style are you looking for, realistic or cartoony? You should probably be aware that there is a lot of work in making a 3D model and you'll be looking at high design costs, especially if you want someone with official experience rather than a hobbyist like myself. -Ash
  9. Destriarch

Sorry I'm a bit confused here, are you saying that it IS a good venue, or that it isn't? Thanks for throwing your hat into the ring too! I don't think Safari likes your website though so I will have to look it over when I get home. -Ash
  10. Destriarch

I'm going to try experimenting with Patreon as a means of publishing a tabletop RPG piece-by-piece, mostly to see if there's any mileage in the concept. Since this is very experimental and I'm unsure if it will prove a viable revenue stream, I don't want to spend too much on art right now...
  11. Destriarch

Wanted: Looking for Artists, Illustrators, Writers, and Others. Please see below.

If you ever decide to disclose what you intend to pay writers, I might be interested. No need to be specific, an approximate range per word will do. I also agree with Charke and think it would be useful for you to share more details about your company / project with applicants here. Nothing like...
  12. Destriarch

Unique & Affordable Art Style

Looks good! Shame I don't have the funds to spare at the moment :( -Ash
  13. Destriarch

Whats an acceptable amount of pages per playable race in a core book?

I'll add another vote for 'it depends' because this kind of thing is very subjective. The main thing is to stop writing about a race just before it starts getting boring to read. The real trick is knowing when that is. Personally though, I do have to think, if your races are only a few...
  14. Destriarch

Any play Mutant: Year Zero?

Year Zero is one of those nice sandbox-style RPGs, like Traveller and numerous other Indie titles, where preparing an adventure is optional and you can just pick it up and run with it in most situations, since the storyline is implicit in the rules. On the other hand it will support a more...
  15. Destriarch

Tears of Insidiae

I did try to read through this during a quiet moment, but just skimming through revealed so many words that rang warning bells. When chief terms in a game include 'Crying', 'Dogmata', 'Existentia', 'DRAMA' (sic) and 'Accounting' I am left with a - maybe undeserving - impression that this game...
  16. Destriarch

Requesting Critique of My New RPG's Setting and Mechanics; Game Title: Makeshift Soul

Afraid I don't like any of the proposed titles much :( Maybe play around with synonyms for 'Artificial'? Synthetic Soul, maybe? Not so sure about that either to be honest, but it's got that alliteration thing going on and it's a pleasant fusion of modern and archaic. Or maybe it's a bit too...
  17. Destriarch

Please Educate Me about Best Practice in Formatting Books (i.e. choosing font size, type, columns, etc.)

My personal rules of thumb are: Pick a maximum of four fonts 1. Something decorative for section and chapter headers. 2. A plain serifed font with good bold and italic variants for the body text and subheadings. 3. Optionally, a handwriting font for notes that are intended to be written by...
  18. Destriarch

Sub-Class

Hey, maybe Cook is a protocol to which both Pirates and Samurai can conform? Meanwhile, Captain is a definite subclass of Pirate. -Ash
  19. Destriarch

Sub-Class

I'm a computer programmer, so I say that subclassing is a very powerful tool for adding detail whilst avoiding unhealthy amounts of code repetition. As a tabletop gamer I don't even like regular classes though. Still, I'd say that at least they can add a little depth to a system if handled...
Top Bottom