• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Tumbleweed

[Streaming] What's on your watch list?

Hoo boy. So, I'm halfway through Stranger Things 3, 'cause I'm behind the curve like that. It's ... decent, though I fear the show may have diminishing returns. Likewise for Evangelion, which I've never watched before and am slowly rationing out episode by episode as I can manage them. This...
  2. Tumbleweed

Young Adult Fantasy

I know Brandon Sanderson has done some YA stuff. Whether it’s good or not is up for debate. Steelheart, his YA post apoc superhero dystopia novel, is fairly terrible.
  3. Tumbleweed

So whatcha playing? - A Thread For Chit-Chatting About Whatever Game(s) We're Playing At The Moment

Hello thread! So a few weeks ago, I snagged a ps1 mini for twenty bucks at target. Finally hooked it up, and I’m slowly playing through Final Fantasy 7 to see what the hubbub is about. (I played up to like disk 3 when I was in college a long time ago). It’s holding up fairly well, though the...
  4. Tumbleweed

Kill Six Billion Demons 2: a few demons more.

I think Allison just realize she didn't have to kick sword-guy's ass to win-- she just has to knock him out of the ring. So a last minute super-dodge to let the guy's momentum carry him off the edge may be something she can do without arms.
  5. Tumbleweed

Earth Defense Force 5

Man, I really need to get my ps4 fixed so I can play this game. I looove EDF 2025, and this sounds like more of the same. Wing Diver 4 life, yo.
  6. Tumbleweed

What about the Lankhmar books by Fritz Leiber?

Whatever you do, avoid the last one— The Knight & Knave of swords. It’s god-awful. Kinda soured me on Lieber, to be honest.
  7. Tumbleweed

What if vampires originated in South America?

Ah, fair. I apologize for the error. The Pillar Men are still great villains, though.
  8. Tumbleweed

What if vampires originated in South America?

While hardly a scholarly source, Jojo’s Bizzare Adventure features ancient super-vampires that hail from South America (even if they wound up wandering the world). The show is nuts, but the Pillar Men (said super-vampires) have a cool aesthetic at least.
  9. Tumbleweed

[40k Game Megathread] - Do not post in support of the Emperor of Man

I don’t know if we keep track of these things, but you have won the thread.
  10. Tumbleweed

(Cartoons) Any of you guys seen this Amphibia show?

So I happened to catch a few episodes of Disney Channel’s new show, Amphibia. It’s about a teenage-ish girl who gets zapped into a weird fantasy land populated by frog people and various greenly monsters. As you do. It’s definitely got an Adventure Time vibe to it, in the “Lone human and their...
  11. Tumbleweed

The XKCD Unpopular Positive Opinion Challenge

Nuts to all you jerks, Van Helsing is all kinds of entertaining.
  12. Tumbleweed

Marvel Crisis Protocol! Marvel + Minis!

I mean, if you really wanted I’m sure you could just sub in HeroClix dudes ... but then you wouldn’t get to paint the minis yourself. Which could be a good or bad thing depending on one’s skills. :)
  13. Tumbleweed

Kill Six Billion Demons 2: a few demons more.

Devils can’t help but wear labels, I guess. Makes things easier to keep track of.
  14. Tumbleweed

Rate the Incompetent Villains

Shredder probably falls between Cobra Commander and Skeletor. Or, well, 90's Cartoon Shredder. Advantages: Suit made of knives, IS A FUCKING NINJA, Surprising amount of support from Dimension X Disadvantages: Incompetent Henchmen, Constantly Bickering with Krang. Other interpretations of the...
  15. Tumbleweed

Recommend a generic NES/SNES?

I don't have one myself, but it looks like the Retron consoles are what you're looking for. The Retron 2 does NES/SNES, and also has an HDMI port.
  16. Tumbleweed

[MLP FiM] Thread 21 - Twilight's BBBTE (Big Brother Best Thread Ever)

Well, we’re going into the last half of the final season— I’m expecting things to end with a bang.
  17. Tumbleweed

[MLP FiM] Thread 21 - Twilight's BBBTE (Big Brother Best Thread Ever)

Oh hey, does it? Neat! This weekend is also The Last BronyCon(tm), which I’m actually going to attend. Should be interesting, I imagine. Looking forward to hanging out with other fanfic authors, but also kind of afraid the con will magnify some of the shittier aspects of the fandom. But that’s...
  18. Tumbleweed

[Comics] House of X - the big X-Men relaunch

Not that it matters much now (because reboot) but how did that “Age of X Man” thing resolve? Seemed like a cool premise but I don’t follow monthly comics these days.
  19. Tumbleweed

What's the most magical superhero city in North America that's not New York or New Orleans?

St. Louis is a fun one-- and not just 'cause it's my hometown. Cahokia's already been mentioned-- at the time of Columbus, it was bigger than London. Some of the mounds are still there. Plus, y'know, as a river city, St. Louis had just about everyone pass through at some point or another. Like...
  20. Tumbleweed

A Work that changes your opinion of an Author's work (Spoilers beware)

I may have mentioned it upthread, but I kind of had the reverse thing. Read a couple of Temeraire novels, didn't finish the series-- and then a few years later, Uprooted just floored me with how good it was.
Top Bottom