• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. J

Ooh, the Alpha Quadrant

Guys, the Alpha Quadrant Sourcebook for Star Trek Adventures is out. It's pretty awesome. I've had the privilege to read early drafts of it, for another project, and it is awesome. There's a lot of stuff in it that has never been covered in a Trek RPG, and very deep worldbuilding. Many thanks to...
  2. J

Feedback requested; setting and mechanics design for B.Y.O. Dungeon

B.Y.O. Dungeon is my Troika hack. It's downloading very fast. We just released and we're at over 400 copies distributed so far. To support the game and its upcoming chapbooks, I've started a blog, which you can check out at this link. Please take a look at that post, as well as the game (free on...
  3. J

*Kickstarter* Vintage Space on Kickstarter!

Vintage Space brings Disco-Era optimistic sci-fi back to the tabletop. This game combines the sensibilities of both the narrative and OSR RPG scenes into a game that's easy to learn, simple to run and fun to play. This game craws inspiration from classic shows and movies from the late 60's to...
  4. J

Vintage Space Open Playtest

Vintage Space is my new OSR system. Someone's described it as disco space opera, and that's about right. If you are a fan of sci-fi produced between the 60s and the mid 90s, there's something here for you. The original system is inspired by FASA Trek, but vastly simplified. Chargen takes...
  5. J

*Kickstarter* The Compleat Beastman Zine for OSR, Ironsworn and 5E now live!

Hi, all! So we just finished our third day of funding, and we're over halfway to our goal of $500! The Compleat Beastman is a zine created for Luke Crane's Zine Quest Challenge. Each issue focuses on a single species or group of related species of "-taurs" or "-men". The first issue is all...
  6. J

OSR Games Kaigaku Playtest Book Available Now! Free Standalone SWN Hack

As the thread title says, I just released the playtest book for Kaigaku 2E. This is a standalone hack based on the Stars Without Number Revised Rules. Kaigaku is an OSR samurai game, and this version features dozens of schools and their techniques, with more coming. You You can play the samurai...
  7. J

Setting for GMs only?

So I'm writing up a new version of Kaigaku, better art, Stars Without Number rules, yadda yadda. Anyway, As I'm now moving on to the setting info a thought strikes me. Canon settings are not so fun in the long run. Like I loved Rokugan, but that was so fleshed out that it didn't give a lot of...
  8. J

Layout and Design Brainstorming for Fonts

Hi, all. I'm about to lay out a book, and I was wondering if I could get some advice on which fonts people like. I've been going with Gentium Book for main text, and Garamond Bold for headers. I'd like to do something a bit more special-looking. Does anyone have a favorite font? I really dig...
  9. J

Kaigaku 2E Playtest Files

Hi, all. So I've got a new edition of Kaigaku in the works. This one is based on Stars Without Number and is broadly compatible. YOU can get the files at this subreddit. I'd love to hear any feedback that you've got.
  10. J

Subreddit for the Kaigaku 2E playtest, now with Stars Without Number

I'm coming very well along in my second edition of Kaigaku. It runs on the Stars Without Number Revised rule set, and now has dozens more character options than the SWN core book. You can use them in your SWN games for more combat variety or species. I've got this subreddit set up for...
  11. J

Need feedback for Kaigaku 2nd Edition Character Abilities

Guys, I really need some feedback for this document. So it lists all of the updated schools from the first edition book of Kaigaku, plus the lesser clan material created by Kickstarter backers. Kaigaku was first published as an offshoot of the Black Hack, but this next version is going to be its...
  12. J

*Kickstarter* James M Spahn joins Triskelion Space

I'm really pleased to announce this: Thunderegg Productions is pleased to announce that Origins and ENnie Award-winning author James M. Spahn has joined the team as a contributing author. He is most well-known for being the creator of White Star: White Box Science Fiction Roleplaying, White...
  13. J

Exodus System is now in Print!

The Exodus System RPG adds new innovations to a solid OSR rules foundation. It's designed for fast play, easy GMing and deep character customization. It's been one of the hottest small press bestsellers since its release three weeks ago. Check out the Exodus System now to get in on the ground...
  14. J

The Exodus System is the Deal of the Day on Drivethru

Well, I did not expect The Exodus system to get selected so soon. the plan was for like another couple months to go by before we put it up as the Deal of the day. This is good for you, though, because the print files The Exodus system are getting reviewed by the printers today. i'm hoping to get...
  15. J

Creating a compatibility logo and program?

So the Exodus System (link in my sig, if you're curious) turned out to be a much bigger success than I could have ever hoped for. I wrote the game with one of my main objectives being that it would be easy to produce supplements for the game. I'm lazy and I hate, hate, HATE writing up stat...
  16. J

OSR Games Exodus System Core Book is out!

The Exodus System takes classic OSR games and adds modern innovations. This book is suitable for playing sci-fi, fantasy, and all sorts of other genres. It takes inspiration from such other systms as Savage Worlds and the Cypher System. Check it out here! For Players: -Fast Character...
  17. J

Free art from JEShileds, Kickstarter link inside. Not mine

So James Shields is running a Kickstarter for a stock art set that lets you create custom scenes. You can use the pieces in professional or amateur creations. Everyone who pledges at specific tiers already gets game PDFs from other publishers (including me) worth more than the cost of the...
  18. J

So, what about Broadsword?

So this game just came out today. It's supposed to be a late-80s/early-90s throwback, and it was run on Kickstarter. I never heard of Broadswords before today, and I know several people involved in it. Guess I'm out of the loop. Can anyone tell me if you need the adventure book to play, or if...
  19. J

Getting minis made

So more and more I've just kind of been thinking about this. And some of the things that I'm working on I think it would really help to have the line of miniatures. But this is probably the part of the industry about which I know the absolute least. I was wondering if people have any tips for...
  20. J

Question about Legacy: Life Among the Ruin, Second Edition

I'm a big fan of Legacy: Life Among the Ruins. The second edition dropped today (with Modiphius production values!). SO the publisher blurb here mentions that there are 11 family and 13 individual playbooks. My question is are they the same or different (or the same plus new) books that were in...
Top Bottom