• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Montegris

[Vermintide II] Now with extra Chaos

I will be back online and playing on monday (just on holidays these days). I should be online reasonably often after that.
  2. Montegris

I played a bit yesterday, trying out the new map with a friend I'd often duo Legend with. After 5 tries I went to bed, but the consensus was "maybe we should drop this down to champion...". I won't be able to play again until the 18th, and being level 35 will help, but geez... Those beastmen are...
  3. Montegris

[Warhammer AoS] Warcry: Sixteen Warbands want glory, one wants bottles

Hard pass for me as it's age of Sigmar and I still don't care for the setting, but I really like what they want to do with Warcry, I think that exploring this side of Chaos is very interesting (and could easily be adapted as "stuff that happens in the Realms of Chaos" in the Old World) and...
  4. Montegris

🎨 Creative August Painting Thread

Yep. I've said it before. I wouldn't use contrast for everything, but they do what they're designed to do amazingly well. I think that part of the issue is the rethoric of "GW paints and hobby supplies are overpriced garbage" that people love to buy into. This rethoric is only accurate for...
  5. Montegris

🎨 Creative August Painting Thread

Previous thread here. So I finally finished my giant. Pretty much everything but metallics is Contrast paints. I'm very, very pleased with the results, more so given that it took me 6-8 hours of work in total to have him painted. Given that this big guy has sat in my shelves unpainted...
  6. Montegris

Dear Games Workshop,

To be honest, if AoS had been sold as a different line instead of as a continuation/reboot of Fantasy, I wouldn't have been so against it. As it stands, while I think some of the miniatures are great, and some of the new concepts are cool, I just can't get into it. The fact that they were happy...
  7. Montegris

I'm not likely to be home much this weekend, but if I am, I'll be happy to join.
  8. Montegris

🎨 Creative July Painting Thread

A pretty crappy photo that doesn't do them justice, but I'm a crap photographer anyway. Some beastmen I painted up fairly quick. Mostly Contrast (the metallics and their turquoise belts are normal paints). I went for a brown/red/black scheme to match the rest of my chaos army (which is mostly...
  9. Montegris

Yeah, sorry. My post wasn't very clear, but that was totally a tangent and not a comment on your minis, in this case. If it helps, I used to paint dark to light too, and I found the switch to the contrast method fairly easy. They're just another tool in the box, ultimately. If you ask me, the...
  10. Montegris

Beautiful. I'm assembling those these days, though I'll be putting them on proper square (well, in this case rectangular) bases as Sigmar intended. I have to say that one of the big pluses of Contrast for me is that they remove the most boring stages of painting for me, and therefore make it...
  11. Montegris

[Wrestlepack] Recommend me great matches!

It's a good match, very well put together, and it makes Nyla Rose look like a million bucks. I'm not sure I can say the same for Riho and Yuka, as most of their offence against Nyla comes in tandem, and very rarely does it seem they have a fair chance 1 on 1. Some spots are great (like Riho...
  12. Montegris

(creative) June Painting Thread

My experiments with Contrast. About a single hour per mini, tops (would have been less if I was chain-painting, thus not wasting time waiting for them to dry). This one took a single layer for each color. No washes, no drybrushing, no nothing. This was an experiment. A layer of purple...
  13. Montegris

[Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning] Anyone else trying out the Return of Reckoning?

I remember it very fondly. I'd consider return of reckoning if it was fully implemented, but last I checked they had only remade things up to Tier 3, and the non-chaos/empire areas were almost empty. Is it the case still?
  14. Montegris

That's glorious. I love Imperial Fists, but it takes a brave person to paint so much yellow. Those look great, although seeing skaven on round bases still hurts my sense of what's right and proper.
  15. Montegris

What Spider-Man comics should I buy?

I will mostly disagree with this. I really liked JMS's run, and I find The Other, and the Civil War tie-ins fantastic, and one of the freshest takes on Spider-man in the past 20 years. Sins Past is a piece of crap (no arguments there), and One More Day was the worst Spider-man story ever...
  16. Montegris

[WIP] Dark Souls 3: Kings and Vagabonds

Midir is a really tough boss, but easily one of my favourites in the whole dark souls series. Amusingly enough, I find that he's easier to kill solo than with any summons.
  17. Montegris

[Wrestlepack] Discussion XI: Inevitable Overbooked Heel Turn

WWE's live dates in Spain for november have been cancelled for scheduling conflicts. It's a bummer, considering that I was gonna take my nephew to see them live, but them's the breaks. There'll be other chances, I guess.
  18. Montegris

I've long ago decided that off-brand superglue is just not worth it. The drop in quality is massive. Also, those look nice, but next time I'd avoid using the flash when taking the photo. It'll make the picture look so much better.
  19. Montegris

I concur. Decent or good matches overall, no stinkers, and I think that the main event was a good example of telling a story effectively. I just think that people dislike Corbin too much for them to ever see anything he does or is involved in in a positive light.
  20. Montegris

He sometimes uses a great looking deadlift powerbomb as a sort of signature/high spot. It looks fantastic. I'm still mystified why he doesn't uses it more often. But yeah, the spear is cool, but with Roman's size and strength, a more high impact finisher would look great.
Top Bottom