• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Rabbit Éclair

Sell me on an Asian fantasy MMORPG

And once you're at the endgame, it seems pretty content to let you play on your own basis, without many pressures to log in every day or something. ... although it took me about 280 hours of gameplay to hit the current endgame, so, y'know. That's a long-term kinda concern.
  2. Rabbit Éclair

[Spoilers] [General Anime Summer 2019] Create a General Anime Thread, with the light God could not know

Damn, yeah. That made me nostalgic for watching Trigun in the early 00s and going 'THIS IS THE COOLEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN.'
  3. Rabbit Éclair

[Spoilers] [General Anime Summer 2019] Create a General Anime Thread, with the light God could not know

I was kinda uncertain of this season of Symphogear around episode 2, then episode 4 came along and gave me a lady launching missiles outta her cleavage and Hibiki getting a ridiculous gold-plated powerup that no-sells an entire fight, and I am 100% back in. (Yeah, I'm a few eps behind, sue me.)
  4. Rabbit Éclair

Final Fantasy XIV

On the upside, speaking as somebody who's started them fairly recently, I find gathering jobs pretty chill to level. They're a nice alternative to running high-stakes dungeons and stuff. Just turn on a podcast and run around clicking trees/rocks for an hour or so.
  5. Rabbit Éclair

Final Fantasy XIV

This expansion did a lot to raise my opinion of Urianger. And I already liked him well enough. Still jealous that his dress is prettier than any of mine though.
  6. Rabbit Éclair

The XKCD Unpopular Positive Opinion Challenge

Oh man, I hadn't seen people mention Bunraku. That's definitely on my list too. About once a year I get drunk and watch that and/or Pacific Rim or The Fifth Element back to back, because my brain deserves the break.
  7. Rabbit Éclair

The XKCD Unpopular Positive Opinion Challenge

I kept holding off until I could find one I legitimately liked rather than just thought was decent, and finally I have found it: the 2011 Nicolas Cage vehicle Drive Angry. (Which is, ironically, at 46% critical reviews but only 37% audience, kinda the opposite ratio that I expect from a silly...
  8. Rabbit Éclair

Final Fantasy XIV

When do these people heal. If you're doing single pulls, I can kinda see this approach. But the kind of people who are this obsessed with maximizing efficiency do not do single pulls. Also, finished Shadowbringers about half an hour ago. I've got a lot of thoughts, but I'll hold off posting...
  9. Rabbit Éclair

Final Fantasy XIV

Maybe a solid single-target damage reduction power or something. Blunt incoming damage more, rather than trying to heal it faster.
  10. Rabbit Éclair

Final Fantasy XIV

Thank you for the offers, everyone. Ironically, talking about this with my friends turned up a revelation: Most of us are leveling tanks or healers and we're all feeling a bit too much pressure to deal with huge pulls in ShB dungeons. ... so now we have an arrangement to pair up tank/healer...
  11. Rabbit Éclair

Final Fantasy XIV

Yeah, that's about where I'm at. It'll be nice for solo duties, at least. Now I'll have three buttons I can use to fight things! :O
  12. Rabbit Éclair

[COH] The City of Heroes Legacy Megathread - Part 2 [READ REDTEXT IN POST #1]

I can't look for guides right at the moment, but: Luck of the Gambler is a defense set with an enhancement that gives you +7.5% global recharge just for slotting it, which is comparable to a high-level set bonus. It's a common cornerstone of high-recharge builds, which often squeeze in extra...
  13. Rabbit Éclair

Final Fantasy XIV

Shadowbringers' difficulty really seems to have brought out the worst in a lot of players, especially now that the hardcore players have spent three weeks practicing the content while the rest of us are still catching up. I think I've seen more people insulting their party members and arguing in...
  14. Rabbit Éclair

Kotaku wondering about the sustainability of video game development

In theory, having a game get its money from mictrotransactions lets you choose the depth of your investment in it, and gives you a chance to get a good feel for the game before you ever drop a dime on it. ... in practice, I can't think of a single F2P microtransaction-based game except Path of...
  15. Rabbit Éclair

Final Fantasy XIV

Yeah, when I level a DPS job I'll probably give 'em a shot again, since a slow dungeon I can get into instantly is still way better than one I need to queue 40 minutes for, and I kinda hope that having one actual DPS will speed things up a bit.
  16. Rabbit Éclair

Final Fantasy XIV

The Trust dungeon runs are also painfully slow. The NPC companions have almost nothing in the way of AoEs and their damage isn't very good. A Trust run of a dungeon (at least, if you aren't personally a DPS class) takes about twice as long as one with players. To paraphrase a post I made...
  17. Rabbit Éclair

Final Fantasy XIV

Thoughts on 4.x and the first five hours or so of Shadowbringers, since I might as well get back in the habit of doing these. Also, contains one plot point later on that I literally got spoiled on in the process of writing this post: Lakshmi's real power is that any time I have to fight her...
  18. Rabbit Éclair

[Meta] Games You'd Really Like to Play VI: Keep Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'

Oh, that sounds neat. Are you writing a pile of playbooks from scratch?
  19. Rabbit Éclair

Stories that treat pop cultural geekery as a superpower?

Log Horizon, at least, falls pretty heavily into that category. The main character is powerful mostly because he used to be a hardcore raider, so he knows the game mechanics inside and out. At one point he wins a fight pretty much solely because he knows how to get peak DPS out of his class.
  20. Rabbit Éclair

Final Fantasy XIV

If you preordered Shadowbringers, the new earring that gets you helps a lot, since it extends 50% bonus XP up to 70. Wearing that and with the bonus for already having Paladin at 70, I was able to level Scholar to the new content in about a week and a half by just doing roulettes and at-level...
Top Bottom