• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. B

[Spoilers] [General Anime Summer 2019] Create a General Anime Thread, with the light God could not know

It has a bit of that Cowboy Bebop energy while not being all that similar to Cowboy Bebop. It's more frenetic and violent, and apparently a bit more on the fantasy side despite having mecha. I liked the protagonists so far (I'm on Episode 3, I think).
  2. B

[Let’s Read] Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes

Does Mordenkainen's Tome assume a generic setting? I thought pretty much every published book aside possibly from the core three focused on the Forgotten Realms.
  3. B

[General Anime] Non-Current Anime Discussion Thread

I started watching Princess Principal recently. Took me a long time to start because the name made me think it was one of those "hard-working educator type must teach a bunch of lazy rich dumbasses" stories, but it turns out to be a steampunk spy thriller! The action sequences are kind of James...
  4. B

[Let's Read] The 4e Monster Manual and Monster Vault

That's why I hedge my bets with an "at least" there :).
  5. B

All of the arcane bits were moved over to Eladrin, so you already have that archmage stat block in the form of the Ghaele of Winter. An elven high druid of some sort would fit right in, however, and I think it would have been nice to include one. The two PHB stat blocks we get are variations on...
  6. B

Elf I've mentioned elves plenty of times already, and now it's time to talk about them properly. They've been available as a playable character option since the days of Basic (though arguably Basic elves were closer to eladrin). This entry is for the elves you might meet as enemies or NPC...
  7. B

[Spoilers] [General Anime Summer 2019] Create a General Anime Thread, with the light God could not know

I guess this is one of those Enemy Within setups. Enemy Within is a campaign for the Warhammer tabletop RPG where all the NPCs have Germanic-sounding names. IIRC, one of the hidden traitors in there has a name that's literally "Traitor" in German, which makes the whole thing look a lot more...
  8. B

OOC GURPS Dungeon Fantasy: In Search of the Unknown

We'll resume tomorrow!
  9. B

I think the best scenario here would be one where the setting has all kinds of elementals: the Classic Four, the ones from the MM made of multiple elements that remain separate, and the quasi- and para- menagerie from the earlier editions. As long as each one is tactically interesting, that...
  10. B

Elemental Elementals have been part of D&D since its very beginnings. Their basic definition has remained the same throughout: they're living aglomerations of elemental matter who often take roughly humanoid forms and have powers related to their constituent element. They often get summoned...
  11. B

[El Goonish Shive] I can't be the only one here who reads it ...

I feel it's the only relevant one here, which would make Sam and Justin the most normal cast members. They have one supernatural thing about them, are mostly uninvolved with the rest of the weird goings-on, and are more important to the story than the truly mundane side characters like Tensaided.
  12. B

Best Mechanics to Steal from Non-D&D Games

D&D 5 accuracy is "bounded" in the sense that modifiers and DCs are never supposed to get very high. An elder red dragon has an AC of 19, for example. PCs who really care about AC can start with a 20, but it's not going to go up by a lot over the next 20 levels. You're never going to meet...
  13. B

[Let's Read] 4e's Faces of the Planes

The fortress is awesome and the fairy-tale structure of Thrumbolg's prophecy even more so. Also, he has Gae Bolg!
  14. B

I find it perfectly believable that some powerful evil wizards would believe they're the ones who will finally beat the system and not turn into lemures. I also find it perfectly believable that some other powerful evil wizards would take the risk of a shitty afterlife in Hell seriously and try...
  15. B

[Let's Read] 13th Age Bestiary

Earthdawn has something similar to the Briar Elves, IIRC. That setting is kinda post-apocalyptic in that it was invaded by lovecraftian Horrors who recently left and every existing civilization is defined by the strategies they used to deal with tha The elves of a charming place called the...
  16. B

It's more of an ethnicity thing. Brown-skinned eladrin do exist, but they're less common. With elves, the distribution is inverted. It does seem to be a consistent change, though it of course doesn't stop you from changing the alignment of the specific individuals that appear on your games. 4e...
  17. B

Indeed, "this promised benefit doesn't work as advertised" is very much part of the devilish idiom.
  18. B

Eladrin I've already talked about eladrin in passing when discussing drow, and now I'm going to get into more detail on them. They're present in both books, though they're mixed into the general "Elf" entry on the Monster Vault. "Eladrin" is one of those names that used to refer to something...
  19. B

[Let's Read] D&D 3.5 Monster Manual III

Mezzoloths became Mezzodemons in 4e, slotting right into the rest of the demonic host without much change in their concept. In fact they come off as having particularly complex personalities by demon standards, since they're not just violent but also greedy.
  20. B

Guess the efreets didn't spark joy. How about the Eidolon I hadn't heard of eidolons before Fourth Edition, but I seem to recall the word was used in 3.x too. They are only on the Monster Manual. The Lore Eidolons are intelligent constructs created through divine magic. The ritual for...
Top Bottom