• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. N

[WIreR] E. E. Smith's Lensman series - Comentary, Discussion and a hypothetical modern adaption.

Good point, in fact, that reminded me of... ...well, actually Well's original book, if the Klovian's had suffered a few decades of continuous war + incidental pandemic...
  2. N

[WIreR] E. E. Smith's Lensman series - Comentary, Discussion and a hypothetical modern adaption.

And now, Civilisation strikes back! And we get our first vague hint of the true nature of our foe! Chapter 15: Klovia Which begins with a confirmation of Haynes and the Galactic Council's surmise, Boskone has pretty much bet the house on the attack on Tellus, and, as apparently communications...
  3. N

[LTTP] [WIW] Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon (The live-action series)

....after the break... Sailor Moon is busy dodging Kunzite's sword blows, or parrying with the Moon Stick. He's not trying anything fancy, he's just trying to hit her with his sword. She's not doing well, Sailor Moon stumbles, Kunzite brings his sword down on her... ...to be blocked by...
  4. N

We're at the half-way point... ...and this is where everything changes! ...and, tonight, someone dies! ...and I bust my image budget. タキシード仮面の正体が地場衛だったなんて… (Act 25 - So Tuxedo Mask's True Identity was Mamoru Chiba...) Episode Number: 25 Director: [Masataka Takamaru Writer: Yasuko Kobayashi...
  5. N

:love: So far, the only information we have on the appearance of Nadreck's encounter suit is this: So, fridge on spider-legs? So, on the subject of the Palainian in question, the next chapter: Chapter 14: Nadreck at Work Which immediately digresses into a (self admitedly brief) description...
  6. N

Yup, but the seeds were there in the Manga. (There's a scene where the four are/were trying to convince Endymion of the rightness of Beryl's cause.) On that subject, Manga Kunzite got the most characterisation of any of the four, as well as a significant role in the denouement. I'm glad you...
  7. N

When it stops being funny? Yeah, that seems better. That logo just suits Usagi so much. OK, I'm going to yoink that one, thanks! After last week's shocking revelationconfirmation, this week is full of surprises! ...and one hilarious subtitle typo! やっぱり地場衛のことがわすれられないの (Act 24 - I Can't...
  8. N

Well, earlier in this book they had semi-autonomous battleships, and it will later turn out that they had robots before Civilisation was formed. OTOH, some of Smith's tech extrapolations have been a bit weird.
  9. N

On the other hand, Lyrane II was described as a near-twin of Tellus, and Dr. Smith makes no mention of reduced gravity. I'm quite happy with Lyranian aerospace technology taking a slightly divergent route to that of Tellus - maybe their triplanes have presurised cabines and are powered by...
  10. N

Well, hopefully she survives... After last episode, lets have a light musical number… ...or maybe not… ...as the bomb gets categorically dropped! ...also, performance reviews... 戦士の力を目覚めさせるため、うたうレイ (Act 23 - In Order to Awaken Her Senshi Powers, Rei Sings) Episode Number: 23 Director...
  11. N

Yup. (Actually, it looks like the Beluga is interested in where all the humans are running.) Ok, that's wierd, I can see it on my PC, but not my phone... ...and it's vanished from this quote! imgur!:mad: Time for Experimentation! Link
  12. N

(.....Continued from previous post) ADVERT BREAK Dark Mercury brings up her sword to strike, swings it down at Sailor Moon… When Suddenly… The blow is blocked by Tuxedo Mask Sailor Venus! Sailor Venus: “Sailor Moon! Pull yourself together!” Dark Mercury: “The Princess as an opponent, what...
  13. N

The Reign of Dark Mercury continues... 亜美ちゃんが敵のてに… (Act 22 - Ami Becomes an Enemy) Episode Number: 22 Director: Kenzo Maihara Writer: Yasuko Kobayashi Air Date: March 6, 2004 Equivalent Manga Act: N/A (but...) Equivalent Animé Episode: N/A (also but...) (Data taken from wikimoon) No re-cap…...
  14. N

[ESO] One Tamriel is Live, no more faction restrictions

Unfortunately no voice chat on PC (although I think it does have voice chat on the console versions). Me and my friends/relatives tend to use either Discord or Steam chat.
  15. N

My Mum was a nurse. Also, I messed up the quoting - hopefully fixed now.
  16. N

[ESO] One Tamriel is Live, no more faction restrictions

PvP is restricted to Cyrodil and the Imperial city, Battlegrounds, and dueling. There should be a configuration in your options menu to auto-refuse duels, while Battlegrounds can be easily avoided. I also hate PvP. The only problem is that there is some non-PvP content in Cyrodil and the...
  17. N

Interesting insight into how Clarrissa's characterisation evolved between the magazine and the book from meerly being aghast to actually unravelling the enemy operation. Thanks again for that. This bit (for reference): Yes, it is rather oddly placed, and rather implies that sexual inequality...
  18. N

Criticism that misses the point

'Massive weapons of destruction that could be deployed in 30 seconds'?! :cool: (I'd quibble about the fact that season one was a year before I was born, but that's beside the point - even the BBC doesn't count them that way).:sneaky:
  19. N

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha General Discussion Thread

I have had similar thoughts... ...there would, however, be implications...
  20. N

Looks like he's gone for something a bit more sophisticated than simple lycanthropy this time... ...but, as you said, Drama! Dark Magical Girls FTW :) Yup, in retrospect, I can see how this has all been building up... ...I knew there was something up with Ami! ...and then everyone was keeping...
Top Bottom