• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Mengtzu

[Granblue Fantasy] General Discussion Thread

You got Michael and three Ixabas, you could go all in on fire if you have access to Agni. Shiva might go up your priority list then.
  2. Mengtzu

Grats! Now you can spend a year praying with the rest of us for his summer costume :)
  3. Mengtzu

[Warhammer AoS] Warcry: Sixteen Warbands want glory, one wants bottles

Yeah Ironjawz Brutes are a good warband in a box but Bonesplitterz seem more like a full roster
  4. Mengtzu

Alternatives to Necromunda?

Games Workshop has two skirmish games significantly more streamlined than Necromunda, and I'm a big fan of both. Kill Team is a game where 3 (super elite) to 20 (super horde) 40K models play in a skirmish ruleset. The stats are the same as 8E 40K so the basic rolling engine is the same...
  5. Mengtzu

[Kill Team/40K] Megathread 1: Good Doggo Aximillion vs the Forces of Eww

She looks amazing! She has a hell of a career of standing on objectives and incinerating people ahead of her.
  6. Mengtzu

She is an absolute beast but needs a decent grid to work with, it's true
  7. Mengtzu

Consider Kubira (Kumbhira?), since you won't be able to get her next year. She's extremely strong, though not as crazy as Sheep or Monkey due to their FLBs. For my part I'm at 250 rolls but considering waiting to double spark either side of New Year's for Rat and whatever insanely broken thing...
  8. Mengtzu

Birthday: Warhammer Underworlds vs Warcry or...? Help!

I would suggest Warcry over Underworlds if you're planning on supplying most of the stuff yourself. Underworlds you'll have plenty of warbands to share around but they'll all be competing for cards. For Warcry each warband is good to go, so if your friends are happy to play what you want to...
  9. Mengtzu

Birthday: Warhammer Underworlds vs Warcry or...? Help!

I'm having tons of fun with Warcry and would strongly reccomend it for casual/narrative play, as you can probably already tell from the other thread. But in this case the question more seems to be what your friends will play, and preferably be willing to invest in themselves.
  10. Mengtzu

Wolfenstein: Youngblood

I played it through, it was tons of fun and the sisters are complete dorks, they are great.
  11. Mengtzu

I played another three games tonight in short succession at the local GW, it's a reasonably snappy game. Still loving the variety of play, and Cypher Lords seem very good glass cannons. I did have the game I've been waiting for with the Stormcast, where they mercilessly gunned down the poor...
  12. Mengtzu

That seems to be the intent, though I'd probably stick with tokens. I did find the app good for quickly adding teams up tonight, so useful already. Brutes are an awesome kit, I even like mine in grey plastic. Which is good, because they'll be grey plastic till the end of time.
  13. Mengtzu

There's an official roster building webapp available already: https://www.warhammer-community.com/varanscribe/ Looks much better than the Kill Team one, with the added advantage of competing against nothing ^_^
  14. Mengtzu

Yeah I remember you mentioning that, I think the person you were talking to was not talking about 2018 Kill Team. There have been a number of products under that name, as well as Shadow War or whatever the hell it was that was basically using old Necromunda rules. 2018 KT uses a very similar...
  15. Mengtzu

The core rules don't cover the scope of the game! It'd be sad if they did :) But the expanded scope mostly comes from the scenario and the abilities, which at least for now are bounded in size per faction. Unlike KT/40K/AOS weapons and units don't have special rules other than the Runemarks...
  16. Mengtzu

The core system is simpler than I remember Warmachine being. Unlike Kill Team it isn't trying to preserve much of the bigger game, so rolling is streamlined, there's less phases (instead models have a bit more flexibility in how to use their activation - two actions that can be move, attack...
  17. Mengtzu

Someone counted the deployments from the cards: https://www.tga.community/forums/topic/23437-shield-dagger-and-hammer/ In short, there is a real bias towards Shield being on the table earliest and Hammer last. There's a handful of missions where your opponent has to kill your Hammer (or can...
  18. Mengtzu

The Warhammer Community article is actually pretty detailed: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/07/22/warcry-preview-campaigns/ It's not independent of the match, whether you win or your fighters are taken out will make a difference (and you have to win your convergences, so you keep...
  19. Mengtzu

Congrats! I hope you're enjoying the power on 10+ turn fights :)
  20. Mengtzu

Sell me on a co-op board game vs AI!

Blackstone Fortress runs on AI, though by default it only goes to 4 players, 5th takes over from the AI as a hostile player. You might be able to just slap a 5th character down with little trouble though. I enjoyed the game a lot, but the reason I suggest it over Imperial Assault or what have...
Top Bottom