• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. NinjaWeasel

Superheroic Martial Arts

Mutants & Masterminds might be worth a look. Off the top of my head I cannot remember how much support there is for Martial Arts in the core rulebook but Misfit Studios put out a sourcebook called Metahuman Martial Arts (with 2nd and 3rd edition versions). I haven't read the book but the 3rd...
  2. NinjaWeasel

A "new look" for The One Ring a.k.a. The Lord of the Rings™ RPG

I see where you're coming from on this and that may be part of the reason I like this cover. I'm fond of the MERP 1st Edition Revised book (I used to own it) and some of the MERP module and sourcebook covers. I love most of the AiME covers (I'd say all of them but Rhovanion Region Guide is...
  3. NinjaWeasel

A "new look" for The One Ring a.k.a. The Lord of the Rings™ RPG

Beaten to it by Tango Samurai... I love the new cover too. I think a lot of the art in The One Ring and AiME has been, while great quality, too dark and dingy and didn't capture the sense of wonder and adventure that I always imagine when I think of Middle Earth. The AiME covers (apart from...
  4. NinjaWeasel

Tell me of Magical Kitties Save The Day!

Yep, that's exactly why I'm waiting for retail on this one.
  5. NinjaWeasel

Tell me of Magical Kitties Save The Day!

I asked about this very game a day or two ago but didn't get a response sadly. I won't be backing the Kickstarter but I would like to find out more as I'll consider picking it up when it hits retail.
  6. NinjaWeasel

[Sell Me On] Magical Kitties Save The Day

So the Kickstarter for this caught my eye. I mean, it's got great artwork and I am definitely a cat person (not just a weasel person!). I also have a soft spot for nice rules-light systems. So this game really does call out to me! Now I'm not going to back the Kickstarter as the shipping is...
  7. NinjaWeasel

I just picked up Untold - Adventures Await -

It happened and it went okay. It didn't quite go how I expected but it was fun! I used the 3 x Atomic cube, 3 x Arcade, and 3 x Voyages. Things were a little clunky and slow moving but not as a result of any problems with the rules. It takes a bit of time to get used to how the game plays and...
  8. NinjaWeasel

I got the Atomic and Arcade story cube sets a couple of days ago. If I get time I'm going to do a Fallout game this weekend! Leisure Games had them available and, as I was already getting some other things from them anyway, I got them there in the end. Thanks for the heads up though!
  9. NinjaWeasel

Need a paramilitary RPG...suggestions?

Conspiracy X is a good choice. If that was to be used then there are two other books that I think would really complement the core rulebook: First, and foremost, is Armed Force. It's for the Armageddon game line but that uses the same game system as ConX. Armed Force covers a lot of...
  10. NinjaWeasel

Anyone Know What's Happened to YSDC?

Well it is, ultimately, Paul's to run as he sees fit. I hope he'll change his mind and make at least some of the content viewable again one day soon. Whether he does or not I wish him and the community well.
  11. NinjaWeasel

Blue Rose in a Modern AGE (kitbashing Blue Rose AGE with Modern AGE)

Despite owning both editions of Blue Rose I've never been interested in the actual setting. I prefer my fantasy to be Conan-esque sword & sorcery or Warhammer FRP grim and gritty. Basically I bought the Blue Rose books for the rules and the nice artwork. However, this does sound like a much...
  12. NinjaWeasel

I can understand why they'd think about going that route. I work for a very large telecomms company and even they thought about it. Hell, they actually tried that with some of their sites for a while too. Only for a while mind you. In their case it did do what they intended but then they also...
  13. NinjaWeasel

This. Absolutely this. If you ever want to get enough new members to keep the community alive you need to have at least something to draw people in. If you don't bait the hook the fish ain't gonna bite. For anyone who hasn't previously been to YSDC, such as people wholly new to gaming or just...
  14. NinjaWeasel

I can see the short-term benefits to the existing community but what about the long-term effects? How is the community going to grow if potential new users have to sign-up just to see if there's useful or interesting discussion taking place? The answer is simple: it won't. There is no site...
  15. NinjaWeasel

What do we know about the new Fallout RPG?

I've downloaded most of the free docs and looked at the previews of the RPG (for the Wasteland Warfare version) and I think it looks too fiddly and unintuitive for me. I might be tempted to pick up the core book eventually though just to give it a read through. It looks like it will be failry...
  16. NinjaWeasel

Thanks for confirming that @BigJackBrass . I think I may have signed up to YSDC several years ago but I can't find any emails in my two primary email accounts to confirm that I did. I used to check out the forums about twice a month, sometimes more, but I'm not sure I want to go through the...
  17. NinjaWeasel

Nice! Thank you very much for that. Now I can ponder running some solo Fallout gaming. :cool:
  18. NinjaWeasel

I've tried visiting Yog Sothoth.com a couple of times in the last week or so and every page, including the homepage, is bringing up a warning that says "This facility is available to Members." Does anyone know what's going on? Is it a temporary hiccup? Or has the entire site been made members...
  19. NinjaWeasel

Does anyone know where I can get a set of Atomic story cubes? Amazon UK has the rampage set but not the Atomic ones it seems. :(
  20. NinjaWeasel

Oh, I haven't seen those sets before! Sounds like Rampage would be ideal in these circumstances.
Top Bottom