• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. V

Where can I find a box?

I've got a board game named Welcome To... that has a bunch of extras and takes up more space than the box it came in. Anybody know of someone who sells cardboard boxes like the ones games are sold in (aka not shipping boxes)? I'm looking to buy a bigger box to store all the stuff in. I was...
  2. V

Where would you drop Ptolus in Eberron?

Eberron is probably my favorite overall setting in D&D, and I've never gotten a chance to play Ptolus. I've been thinking about combing the two, and I'm not sure where I'd place Ptolus in Eberron, and what impact that would have on the politics of the region it's in. No matter where it's...
  3. V

Dune board game - is it worth it?

This right here is why I personally will not be buying it. My cap for board game duration is around 4 hours and I've heard multiple people say this game can last 6+ hours.
  4. V

The waiting game (games preordered and backed on Kickstarter)

I did receive the Snowdonia Kickstarter. If you've never played the game (like me) it has a less than forthright way of determining what cards do what, and which cards are base game and which cards are expansion. A component list better than "720 cards" would've been nice. I had to go to BGG...
  5. V

[Kickstarter] Gloomhaven: Second Printing

Last night I officially closed the book on the base game. I have played * all the scenarios in the base book * all the solo scenarios * all the mini-campaign scenarios * the not-really-official "alternate Seeker of Xorn" 3 scenario chain * a few Casual replays to retire some characters All...
  6. V

I believe I just received a shipment notification for Snowdonia Kickstarter today. How am I not sure? Because it's a generic UPS shipping notification, not one from the shipper.
  7. V

Tales from the loop - I want this but...

I roll my eyes at the bit I've quoted above. I agree with your assertion about how the hysteria led to changing perspective on unsupervised children.
  8. V

Yes, the kidnapping hysteria and Stranger Danger in the 1980s, a decade in which kidnappings of children statistically decreased. :rolleyes:
  9. V

[Recommendations] What are the best drafting games?

If you like mixing direct confrontation with your Drafting either of the two Eric Lang mythology games will work. Blood Rage uses a drafting mechanism very similar to 7 Wonders while Rising Sun action drafting is more like Puerto Rico. Terraforming Mars draft variant is the only way I play the...
  10. V

Note that the movies this convention is based on are themselves based on the very real issue of 'latchkey kids' that was prevalent (at least in the USA) through the 1970s and 1980s. The stereotypical situation was that the Boomer parents were more interested in whatever they were doing and let...
  11. V

Your last game played, part 2

Gloomhaven campaign continues apace. 4 more scenarios completed. --- Our game night started with a game of King of Tokyo. We'd all played it before, but realized we hadn't played in awihle. Next was Puerto Rico. Every time I play it I understand more and more why it was BGG #1 for so long...
  12. V

For me, in addition to everything you said, I also have barely played Near and Far, let alone played through the whole campaign.
  13. V

The state of FFG Star Wars?

The part of their license that covers "miniatures games" definitely includes the content from the video games and the EU. There are numerous ships in X-Wing that are pulled from the EU novels and the X-Wing/TIE Fighter video game franchises. E-Wing, K-Wing, TIE Defenders, and the Moldy Crow...
  14. V

Sell me on a co-op board game vs AI!

I love Spirit Island, but I don't know how well it would go with teenagers.
  15. V

The Wandering Inn

I wonder how much of the Earth human situation is that level any faster, or it's the case that they start with zero levels, so they can optimize better. I would guess it's a little of column A and a little of column B.
  16. V

The Wandering Inn

This has been my hypothesis for what's going on with Goblin Kings.
  17. V

Webnovel / Webserials Discussion Thread

While I don't know if we've talked about it before, yes Delve is quite a bit of fun, though at this point it's also short. I think what makes Forgotten Conqueror somewhat forgettable is that it's a kind of mashup of a lot of popular fantasy tropes both present and past*. Together they're...
  18. V

Since there seem to be more people answering this time, I'll ask the question I did on the last thread (which is also partially asked by the OP). What are the books that are NOT splats that people think are good? I will probably be using the books partially for FFG Star Wars, but also mining...
  19. V

Webnovel / Webserials Discussion Thread

I've been poking around the stories on Royal Road that have either the most followers or highest Ranking (which is also why I read Everybody Loves Large Chests). As such I've recently started on Forgotten Conqueror. It's functional and a decent read, but I don't quite understand why it's so...
  20. V

I don't know if people are playing this line, but people here definitely are not talking about it. I asked a similar question a year or two ago and got very little response. :( PS was there any talk at FFG's GenCon announcements about the series?
Top Bottom