• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Litpho

Today's Girl Genius: Release the Smakken!

Well, he is a construct. Once you go for some creative reconstruction, there is no limit to how big your head could get.
  2. Litpho

How to sell players on non-D&D 5e fantasy RPGs

Not that you're wrong, but this one is a "know your group" one. I have known groups that were willing to indulge a GM looking for a new system, as long as that led to a new stable where they could just play rather than learn. Showing them a whole list of games, even if you picked none of them...
  3. Litpho

any systems that reward/encourage unpredictability in combat?

Spycraft 2.0/Fantasycraft has a trick “Mix-Up”, where you get a significant bonus on a specific combat move (Feint, Grapple, Trip, etc.) if you haven’t used that move for three turns. It can be taken multiple times, once for each move.
  4. Litpho

What about the Lankhmar books by Fritz Leiber?

I would go for The Fast and the Furious: Snow Drift for maximum punnage. But yes, rocket-assisted ravine ski jumps are not all that common in fantasy. He does get a nice reprise in The Seven Black Priests where he is skiing backwards at one point, armed with a huge icicle he plucked off the...
  5. Litpho

Disney Cancels Original Films, Orders More Reboots from Fox

I don't think there will ever be a time where I can read this and don't think "will you people ever grow up?", only laced with more profanity and references to either insecurity or a corporate culture that promotes internal dog eat dog. So much energy wasted.
  6. Litpho

Best Disney Princess Couple

Of course not. Han wasn't a Prince. He was a King! (now not-Canon and the novel it was in was... not the best part of Legends EU :P ). My vote goes to Jasmin and Aladdin, although I would have voted for Robin and Lady Marian if they had been eligible (Marian is not an official Princess, for...
  7. Litpho

Your best single advice for a first-time GM

If the players say they had fun afterwards, trust them.
  8. Litpho

Today's Order of the stick 21: Who Died and Made You Boss?

While this is technically true, that has historically never been a reason not to blame him. Or expect him to fix it.
  9. Litpho

Forged in the Dark & the Faction Game

I would love to see the Cohorts in those games. "What do you mean, you spend the entire yearly budget on a bunch of weird adepts? Again? Does this precinct look like the Spirit Wardens, sergeant? Does it?"
  10. Litpho

Both great stories. I am quite fond of Creature from Cleveland Depths and The Girl with the Hungry Eyes. Oh, and Mariana - simple premise but great execution.
  11. Litpho

Help me find my Fantasy Heartbreaker...

Fantasy Craft doesn’t have medium crunch by any standard, but I do think it’s possible to get three combats in a session. Humans are not the only race, but are varied enough that a human-only setting can be quite diverse. Even first level PC pack quite a punch, so Big Damn Heroes should be in...
  12. Litpho

I also think that Leiber at that point didn't see anything wrong with it, more's the pity. Well, this unsavoury side discussion just underlines what everyone has been saying: "Stick to the first five books".
  13. Litpho

The iconic D&D party in 2E were inspired by the Golden Girls?

Rose did talk a lot about her patron St. Olaf, come to think of it.
  14. Litpho

The Sadness of the Executioner was written in 1973. I would be more forgiving of the nastiest part if it had been written earlier in his career. Nowadays, it reads quite badly and it would have been less eye raising if he had just killed her (like Fafhrd did with his). Say what you will about...
  15. Litpho

Ah, but what will you name it?
  16. Litpho

The first five are some of the best Sword & Sorcery ever written. The last two have their moments, but are far below the standard Leiber had set for himself.
  17. Litpho

Today's Order of the stick 21: Who Died and Made You Boss?

Also, when she retires, she sets herself up for the narrative part of the mentor in the Heroes' Journey. Some other hero's journey.
  18. Litpho

How to sell players on non-D&D 5e fantasy RPGs

For system: If there are people in your group who believe system matters rather than “any task resolution mechanism will do”, perhaps you can bend them to your ear first in private? Unless all you are proposing is in fact another task resolution mechanism and nothing more, because you might as...
  19. Litpho

The new She Ra show on Netflix.

On the other hand, traditionally a Bow wave precedes a ship.
  20. Litpho

Skill systems that reward competency

The Dark Eye's 3D20 system has margin of success built in and goes into quite a bit of detail as far as skills goes.
Top Bottom